Awoo.

Should Sally, Scratch, Grounder, etc show up in party games?

Multikaris

Yes Sally should be in the games. I don't give a fuck about Scratch and Grounder, but I feel that the Satam and Archie characters can add a lot to the game canon.

SPIN-OFFS!

The OP makes that clear as hell it's not talking about the game canon.

• Thumbs Up 2

>Nearly entire topic implying that party games have any bearing or merit toward any kind of continuity

Vector Sigma, I don't have a facepalm image glorious enough for this occasion.

I'm going to put it like this. If you honestly have any kind of a serious problem with let's say Sally or Sonia being playable in the next installation of Sonic's Kickboxing Adventure, then you seriously need to put the controller down, and completely re-evaluate your priorities in video games. This is like getting pissed off that Sprocket was playable in Viewtiful Joe: Red Hot Rumble. You only make yourself look like a complete tool or worse in the end.

• Thumbs Up 3

Honestly, the only point against it is that there isn't much point to it. The amount of people who would get a reference like this is a minority compared to who would buy the game, even in a country like America (let's not even get into the fact that most of the suggested characters have even less of a base in Europe, where about 50% of the audience is).

I'd love to see Fiona in a Sonic game.

fiona_fox___evil___2011_by_earthwind_dk2-d362alh.jpg

People bitch enough about Shadow being a "Sonic recolour". Why should this awful character be in the games along with her incredibly unoriginal appearance that basically amounts to Tails in a wig with a pair of tits? She alone would be a source of derision for the series if ever introduced in a Sonic game.

• Thumbs Up 4

Jesus, what is with this fanbase and its phobia of having the main canon influenced by spin-offs. In many other fanbases, people seem to mostly like it when elements such as characters from one canon is incorporated (although usually in an altered form) into another canon, like how Batman fans loved it when Harley Quinn got into the mainstream DC universe, or how bronies thought it was a neat idea to have Twilight Sparkles mother be an updated version of the original 80's cartoons Twilight.

Well actually, i do have some theories on why this curious aversion developed in the Sonic fanbase of all, and in short they have to do with Segas previous history of confusing treatment of canon/continuity (im thinking of course about the early east-west split) and all the drama that this ensued in the fanbase. Just a theory of course, but i figure it gotta stem from somewhere...