Awoo.

[ROLEPLAY] Sonic the Hedgehog Saves the World Gaiden II: Reloaded, We Live to Boogaloo Another Day and Strike Back at The Empire [SIGNING-UP!]

SIXTH-RATE SOMA

People think of a lot of things when you bring up the concept of a "good story" to them. Some will say that it's a winning plot that makes the story. Others insist that a lovable cast can carry a story far beyond its merits into greatness. Still more hold that neither of these are as important as execution; that even the worst of ideas can be rendered effective by way of skilled writing.

Ladies and gentlemen, I have called you here today to throw out all of these ideas, because what we're making here today will not require any of them.

Have any of you read bad fanfiction? Like, the really stupid ones? Like the works of squirrelking, Peter Chimera, Hans Von Hozel, Tara something or other (that chick from My Immortal), that My Little Pony Friendship is Believing guy? If not, I implore you, for such distinguished works of literature were the inspiration for such a project as this. I suppose I must stop beating around the bush sometime, and that time might as well be now. Simply put, I am asking you, you gentlemen and scholars, to craft the best of the bad: The best worst fanfiction in Sonic history.

STORY

The set-up is simple: Eggman is out to conquer the world again with an army of robots, and it's up to Sonic, Tails, and other friends and rivals to stop him. How this yarn is spun is up to you, dear comrades.

Before we begin though, we must lay some ground rules:

RULES

- All Posts must be in paragraph style in accordance with this site's rules (unfortunately), and all posts must be a minimum of 2 Sentences Long, or they will be ignored like they never happened. Even though this story is lighthearted, we still have standards!

- If you see a grammar error on one of your posts, don't be lazy. Try and fix it with the edit button! It makes your posts easier to read for everyone else, and it makes you look more professional. This is of course a terrible grievance when it comes to writing bad fanfiction, but we must act in accordance with our treasured mods and their rule-set. Be creative. There are many ways to write poorly, and not all of them involve crappy grammar.

- Try to act InOut-of-Character at all times when hilarity will ensue. You're roleplaying as your AVATAR terrible fan-versions of Sonic characters, not yourself in real life. Keep that in mind!

- No God-Modding unless your name is Shadow the Hedgehog, this is extremely important!

- You can make your own subplot, but please do go and do something completely off the wall. Make sure to interact with everyone else's characters, and tie their plots together as haphazardly as possible!

Some additional rules (very important!):

- Most all characters will be dedicatedly played (as in the other RP threads) exempting Eggman. His own actions will be dictated by anyone who wishes to write for him at any given time, though he may only shake-up the plot once per day.

- When writing your terrible version of a character, try and bring together elements from fan perceptions until the character is sufficiently warped enough for your comfort (tails as a girl/sonic's real love-interest/a robot with no human emotions, for example). Don't settle for just writing a character from canon poorly!

- Play nice! If you are on the verge of turning the entire story upside-down, consult with others on whether or not this is a hilarious enough of an idea to justify its inclusion. Also, avoid making a choice that would conclusively end the RP unless the majority agree on it.

Now that the formalities are out of the way, we will begin a two-day-long sign-up period! This is just so people can settle in; don't worry if you're late to these, you can still sign up anyways. Also, don't be afraid to use sign-up-time as a quick Q&A as well, just in case I'm forgetting something (which is likely the case). Here is a good place to start if you aren't sure where to begin writing badly.

CHARACTER LIST:

OUR HEROES!:

Sonic the Hedgehog - sandwichbars!

Miles "Tails" Prower - Place!

Knuckles the Echidna - Joker the Magnificent!

Amy Rose - Regular Old Paradox!

Cream and/or Vanilla the Rabbit - Also Regular Old Paradox!

Blaze the Cat - KatamariParadox, but only as a temp!

Silver the Hedgehog - Also KatamariParadox!

The Chaotix - Sly4Good!

Big the Cat: Open!

Emerl: Open!

OUR MAYBE-HEROES!:

Shadow the Hedgehog - Simon!

Rouge the Bat - Faseeh!

Omochao - Ash Crimson!

OUR VILLAINS!:

Eggman - Always Open!

Metal Sonic - Needle Man!

Orbot & Cubot - Austin Powers!

Out-of-Nowhere, Waste-of Space Doomsday Creature - Chaos the destroyer!

-------------------------------

Remember: Every person has thousands of bad ideas in them. This is just our way of shaking them out.

EDIT:

Fantastic news ladies and gentlemen!

And given that I run this joint, guess what that means?

Language desecration is now a viable option for writing, at least in-character! Go nuts, comrade!

Edited by Soma
  • Thumbs Up 2

(Do we send PMs for characters? If not, I call Shadow.)

I'd suggest just posting here in the thread. It's better for my PM box that I still don't know how to use that way.

This sounds like a freakin' amazing idea. This should be fun.

I think I'll take either Silver or Tails, either one will be fine.

Edited by Ash Crimson

I tried to resist signing up, but it didn't work. I can't decide between Tails or Blaze. We only get one, right?

Edited by KatamariParadox

I tried to resist signing up, but it didn't work. I can't decide between Tails or Blaze. We only get one, right?

One would be best, I suppose. It lets one concentrate on making the one character as goodbad as possible in one's free time, and helps nuance the process.

Well, here I go! I'e read enough fanfiction to be able to play their...INTRIGUING take on Tails. That's if KP doesn't want him, of course.

I guess I'll take that dimension creature crap thing, but wait how often do we have to post, I may not post everyday, also this is my first ever roleplay, I've read a few already, but you know I'm a noob to role playing. : l

I guess I'll take that dimension creature crap thing, but wait how often do we have to post, I may not post everyday, also this is my first ever roleplay, I've read a few already, but you know I'm a noob to role playing. : l

Eh, just when you can. Remember, this project is an attempt at replicating bad fanfiction. Having characters randomly drop in and out without notice should fit right in.

EDIT: And with that I'm off to bed. Hope your questions can wait until daybreak, sorry.

Edited by Soma

EDIT: In fact, I'll take Knuckles as usual. The thought of someone else disgracing my favourite character brings tears to my balls.

Edited by Joker the Magnificent

Ahhh, I've seen some fair bad roleplays. With people butchering their characters. Been part of some, too. This should be somewhat fun xD Just have to choose who to be... Might be Silver.

I find the best way to prepare for this kind of roleplay is to learn the mindset of your character. THEN THROW IT ALL OUT THE WINDOW. Or up the ante to eleven.

So yeah, I may not be massively active, may not post massively amazing, beautiful posts (though that's not the point), and I may be Silver. As long as no one else minds too much.

I call Amy, if she's not already taken. It's one character per person, right? If not, can I have Knux as well, or instead if Amy's already taken.

"BWHAHAHAH! FEAR THE WRATH OF AMY ROSE!"

Fantastic news ladies and gentlemen!

In the RP threads, would we be able to utilize bad grammar/spelling as long as it's in-character and abides by board rules?

Oh, sure. Might want to check with the person that started the RP as well though, just incase they have a rule against it in their own little thingy. Sure it should be fine though :U

And given that I run this joint, guess what that means?

Language desecration is now a viable option for writing, at least in-character! Go nuts, comrade!

If I am allowed to take two characters, I definitely want Silver as my second. I think I could have some good fun with him... :3

Edited by KatamariParadox

^^Yeah, sure. Sorry for the delay there.

^I suppose if no one else comes before launch, I can let you borrow him, but be prepared to lend him out if all the slots are filled and someone needs a character. That sound fair?