Awoo.

Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog

Soniman

SatAMday and Sunding morning cartoons. Now that is how you advertise a fast and witty cool Hedgehog. AOSTH was great. I have all 65 episiodes on DVD. A show that was just fun and entertaining. Never took itself to seriously. It was mainly Sonic and his best bud Tails avoiding Grounder and Scratch (and sometimes Coconuts) rubbish traps-normally a chili dog to try and fool Sonic, or Sonic storming Robotniks fortress on top of that little hill.

Edit: Oh and Jaleel White is my favourite Sonic voice actor. He was just way past cool.

Edited by MilesKnightwing

AoSTH is the entire reason I became a fan in the first place.

I originally had no idea that Sonic was a video game series until my sister brought home her shitty model 2 that has nothing on the model 1

SEGA Genesis, along with Sonic 2.

AoSTH is great. It's stupid, it's silly, and it's fun.

Off Topic:

Is there a SatAM topic on this forum? If so, link.

Not a general one, no. But expect one coming a week or two down the line.

Edited by Soniman

This show... man, I love it so much!

This is not only part of what made me a Sonic fan in the first place, it's also one of the reasons why I'm still one. I mean, say what you will about Sonic the Hedgehog (SatAM)'s story and writing, but this show, as a whole, gels way more with the actual game series, and is much better (in my opinion) for that. Unlike the other Sonic show made throughout the years, I can still watch this and leave with a huge smile on my face. It's cheesy fun... just the way I like it.

• Thumbs Up 6

Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog is a fucking boring piece of shit. I tried to watch it on Youtube to see if it was worth my time but it was just too stupid. It's such a downgrade going from watching Satam to watching this piece of crap.

• Thumbs Up 1

The only Sonic game that was based on a Sonic cartoon

The only one based on a specific Sonic cartoon anyway, Spinball was a mishmash of the games with sprinkles of SatAM and AoStH (Scratch is seen in one of the bonus rounds). Just sayin'

Anyway, I do love this show to death, it's so fun that you can't help but have fun with it yourself even if you're well aware of how technically flawed it is.

I definitely think time has been good to the series. It really is very close to the classic era in that Sonic 1&2 period of time. You've got Sonic not tied down to any one place, followed around by Tails. Robotnik's Egg-O-Matic is flying about, badniks are the enemies, zones get name dropped and there were even Emeralds and special stages! Sure it wasn't 1:1 with the games, but as a kid I imagined AoStH happening around or after Sonic 2. Can't say that about Underground or SatAM.

I suggest people who are casual viewers or never got into the series check out the multi-episode time travel story. The animation is lovely, the story is fun and it has Emeralds and a Super Robotnik! Episodes are: Blackbot the Pirate, Hedgehog of the Hound Table, Robotnik's Pyramid Scheme add Prehistoric Sonic. Also, Super Robotnik is a fun episode with great animation.

I always found it funny that Blackbot the Pirate kicks off like the OVA does, with Sonic and Tails being visited by a kooky old man while they're chilling at the beach.

Edited by Barry the Nomad
  • Thumbs Up 3

Never grew up with AOSTH, so I don't share the amount the amount of nostalgia some of you have with the show, but I do like to watch it from time to time, and I enjoy it quite a bit, even if I do prefer SATAM just a tad bit more. I really should get around to buying the the complete DVD set of the series from Shout! Factory.

Well, I never watched SatAM and Sonic Underground, and I found Sonic X to be feces. I have watched a few episodes of this show (as well as it's memetic clips), and I thankfully am a fan of Looney Tunes/Road Runner cartoons.

So yeah, this show I find to be the most amusing and my favorite out of all of the Sonic cartoons, if only for how silly and nonsensical it is. I feel so bad for Coconuts and his reassigned toilet duty job, he's essentially the Plankton/Squidward of the show. XP

I have many fond memories of this show.

Its mostly fun slapstick but who cares. Its rather entertaining if you ask me.

This show really does make Robotnik seem like he's the hero of everything. I don't mind because he's the funniest person on the show with his robots.

Awesome OP, but how come you forgot to mention Coconuts? sad.png

I really liked him and wished that he appeared in the show more often than he did. The episodes that he appeared in just seemed extra special to me. I had always hoped that he would get that PR-R-R-R-ROMOTION from being Robotnik's jainitor since he was smarter than Scratch and Grounder and actually caught Sonic on occasion, as I felt sorry for him. I rooted for Coconuts to no avail.

Anyway, I absolutely LOVE this show! One of my all-time favorites...It was the cartoons that really got me into Sonic more than the games did. I thought all the main characters were well portrayed in the cartoon; there wasn't a single character out of the main cast that I did not like. Sonic was very entertaining with his cool attitude, memorable catchphrases, and endless disguises. Tails was absolutely adorable, along with being faithful and very smart. I downright loved the bromance between Sonic and Tails throughout the show. Dr. Robotnik, as intellgent as he is, was downright hilarious. I was probably laughing at him more than any other character, especially when he said without fail each episode: "I hate that hedgehog!" I mentioned Coconuts already, but he was my favorite among the badniks...Scratch and Grounder are an absolute riot being so absent-minded, and it was hilarious seeing Sonic foil their plans time and time again.

As humorous as the show was, it was informative at times, notably with the Sonic Says segments. One of the things that I got out of the show that I never forgot was that of chilli dogs. I never saw one or knew they existed until I watched this cartoon. So many fond memories, and I laughed aplenty while watching it; and I am doing the same even now. It is just as amusing for me now as it was back then in 1993.

I wish that the show continued on for a few more years at least, as great at it was. But I am thankful that all 65 episodes were put on DVD and I was able to buy the whole set. That allows me to enjoy this awesome cartoon now and for many years to come smile.png

• Thumbs Up 2

Never grew up with AOSTH, so I don't share the amount the amount of nostalgia some of you have with the show, but I do like to watch it from time to time, and I enjoy it quite a bit, even if I do prefer SATAM just a tad bit more. I really should get around to buying the the complete DVD set of the series from Shout! Factory.

Same here

AoStH is like SEGA went into one of DiC's offices, handed some animators a Genesis, Sonic 2, and every drug imaginable and told them to make a show.

And it was fucking awesome.

• Thumbs Up 8

I didn't grow up Sonic shows to be honest (not counting Sonic X dry.png ). But I remember watching Christmas episode on VHS. Honestly I don't like it. Just like all Sonic cartoons but I gotta give this one a credit for Pingas line.

The Christmas special is probably the worst way to be introduced to the series. Give the time travel four parter a watch, see what you think then.

It was... nuts. Very nuts. Like, even the landscapes had a remarkably trippy nature to them. Never forget that AoStH Robotnik though, absolutely fantastic. And not because of that one tired old meme; he was just pretty hilariously egotistically stupid in general with some of the most illogical plans. As far as the show goes, though... nah. Not really my thing.

Sonic Stadium said this show is a faithful adaption to the first 2 games and I couldn't agree more (a truly faithful adaption)! Plenty of action, plenty of comedy, out of all the Sonic shows, this is my all time favorite. I think it helped me open the door to become a Sonic fan. Sonic's personality in this was the best one for me because he was heroic while at the same time a wise guy and a screwball (sometimes crazy). It's like you take Mickey Mouse, Felix The Cat, Bugs Bunny, classic Daffy Duck, Woody Woodpecker, the Road Runner, and The Pink Panther to create the perfect personality for Sonic to go with his heroic adevnture side. I also enjoyed the brotherly bond of Sonic and Tails in this cuz it was heartwarming at times. Anyway it's a wonderful- hell the best Sonic cartoon ever and it's a shame there was only 65 episodes (I would've given it a 3 season run). I give this an A++.

FYI, my avatar is an homage to AOSTH Sonic to show my love for his crazy side. wink.png

Edited by SpeedKeed

The Christmas special is probably the worst way to be introduced to the series. Give the time travel four parter a watch, see what you think then.

Edited by MilesKnightwing

I have never seen the christmas special episode with the character that looks like Princess Sally from satAM. It's not in the 65 episode DVD collection.