Awoo.

Zelda Topic

VO.SUPER

• 2 weeks later...

I've never played a Dynasty Warriors game before, but this looks pretty rad. And it's really cool to see how they've buffed up classic Zelda weapons and abilities to anti-army levels.

Speaking of Zelda, I find it ridiculously shocking that Gamespot, of all sites, selected A Link Between Worlds as their Game of The Year. I guess I'm just surprised that a handheld game took the title. Video below.

Other candidates were:

The Last Of Us

GTA V

Super Mario 3D World

Assassin's Creed 4

Path of Exile

Tearaway

Edit: The real winner are the salty comments of the video.

Can't say I expected that.. I do think it's well deserved though. The game took me totally by surprised in pretty much every way. Not only did I willingly replay it right after finishing it because I enjoyed it so much (haven't done that with any game besides short indie titles in a while) but it proves beyond any doubt that retro sensibilities of having a game lacking in a constant narrative or constant signposting can still be a comfortable and extremely rewarding experience.

The likes and comments sections for that video, oh boy.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wow, that must be a really good Zelda game to take the GOTY spot over those other distinguished contenders. I mean like, wow, I gotta try this game!

As for the haters, well, while they obviously won't, they really ought to 

OVeEiGU.gif
  • Thumbs Up 5

I decided to look more into this game and decided that I'll probably go ahead and buy it whenever I get the chance. Not the biggest Zelda fan in the world, but this Zelda game does look really fun. Really think it's interesting that I can visit whatever dungeon I want in any order...

As for the haters, well, while they obviously won't, they really ought to 

OVeEiGU.gif

The classy version Gamespot put up on their website. 

8K8ZT6BKQwuox4densYk_Fabulous-Deal-With-

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...

If they do end up making a Majora's Mask sequel, I think it would be interesting to explore Termina in one of the other timelines

This is assuming Termina in the other timelines is anything more than a giant crater, I suppose

I just completed Ocarina of Time 3D a few days ago. Holy hell, that game wowed me and I'm becoming a fan of the Zelda series. The only other Zelda games I own are Link to the Past, which I have put down several times because I can't get in to, and I just bought Link Between Worlds, which I'm surprisingly enjoying right now. Link Between Worlds is a beautiful game, the orchestrated remixes of Link to the Past's OST kick all kinds of ass, and the difficulty is just right for me. I'm really starting to love the Zelda series, and I look forward to eventually picking up Majora's Mask and Wind Waker.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

SCREAMING

Oh Nintendo, how you love to tease us. The sign of Majora's Mask in Link's house in the recently released A Link Between Worlds was a pretty neat little Easter Egg, but the fandom, as it always does, expected more. Whether it be preposterous theories about Ravio trying to use the mask to save Lorule or confirmation that Majora's Mask 3D was happening, people took to the internet! However, with the recent Game Informer interview with Hiromasa Shikata, a remake of Majora's Mask seems all the more likely.

"[Having Majora's Mask in Link's house] was a special request from Aonuma's production team. 
Now why would they ask us to do that?
" - Hiromasa Shikata

It seems like a given at this point, but who knows. We might assume it's a remake, but what if it's a sequel? Only time will tell.

dSKiRVN.jpg

DAMN IT NINTENDO JUST ANNOUNCE IT ALREADY. 

• Thumbs Up 9

I wonder what's taking so long. Maybe it's more of a remake than Ocarina 3D?

or it has both OoT and MM and is full HD on the Wii-u?

I wonder what's taking so long. Maybe it's more of a remake than Ocarina 3D?

What do you mean by long? They didn't want the 3DS to get two remakes after each other, so they released a new one. That was two months ago. Did you expect it in these last two months?

MM3D will probably come this year.

What do you mean long? They didn't want the 3DS to get two remakes after each other, so they released a new one. That was two months ago. Did you expect it in these last two months?

MM3D will probably come this year.

It's not even the same team, though. As far as we know Grezzo's the one working on Majora's Mask 3D, not Nintendo's internal team. So yes, I did expect an announcement within the past few months. It's not like announcing the game's existence would suddenly halt production on Link Between Worlds when the two are completely unrelated.

They probably want to keep focus on one or the other though.  Like I dunno, to put it into very simple terms, I know if I wanted a Zelda "fix" I would be much more inclined to wait for Majora's Mask than try a new 2D Zelda if I knew both were coming out and I have only so much money to spend on games.

or it has both OoT and MM and is full HD on the Wii-u?

give_it_to_me_stephen_colbert.gif

I would gladly replay through OoT in HD. And Majora's Mask in HD? Forget about it. Think of the possibilities. The visuals. The music. The new gameplay elements. THE MUSIC.

• Thumbs Up 2

give_it_to_me_stephen_colbert.gif

I would gladly replay through OoT in HD. And Majora's Mask in HD? Forget about it. Think of the possibilities. The visuals. The music. The new gameplay elements. THE MUSIC.

being able to use items from the other game, perhaps even other playable characters as unlockables?! imagine that!

If they redid the visuals (which they will either way), I have to say, I'm torn on what I'd want them to do with the mirror shield.  On one hand I'd love for a pretty one like OoT's instead of that mournful face, but damn if it doesn't add something to the atmosphere of the last quarter of the game.

The only other equipment angst I have with Majora's Mask is how friggin' cool the Razor Sword looks.  I mean it was featured in game artwork and everything, but it's such an inconvenience to get (going at least a whole night without a sword), makes the game easier (which as someone who's played it a million times before, I no longer desire), and only lasts 100 hits.

I also hope in a remake that they let us fight Majora's Mask with the regular three masks on your first time unlocking the Fierce Diety mask.  I know it's thematically off after the whole speech about you playing the bad guy in the game, but I hate that when I do an all-masks run of the game, I'm forced to have a super easy first phase to the battle due to not being able to use the Zora Mask.

I'll honestly be genuinely surprised if it's just a remake at this point. They've been cockteasing us for months now, and there's been no real hints towards there being a fourth Zelda game in development. There was the team working on ALBW to keep fans occupied until the reveal of Zelda U, the guys working on Wind Waker HD to get a feel for the Wii U's hardware or whatever they were aiming to accomplish with that, and whatever the Wii U game is. I don't think they'd spread their resources so thin and I don't think they'd be intentionally teasing us for so long about nothing more than a remake. At the very least this is going to be a lot more than a simple remake, if not a full-blown sequel.

I'll honestly be genuinely surprised if it's just a remake at this point. They've been cockteasing us for months now, and there's been no real hints towards there being a fourth Zelda game in development. There was the team working on ALBW to keep fans occupied until the reveal of Zelda U, the guys working on Wind Waker HD to get a feel for the Wii U's hardware or whatever they were aiming to accomplish with that, and whatever the Wii U game is. I don't think they'd spread their resources so thin and I don't think they'd be intentionally teasing us for so long about nothing more than a remake. At the very least this is going to be a lot more than a simple remake, if not a full-blown sequel.

Don't forget Hyrule Warriors, though that's a spinoff being done by a different developer.