Awoo.

Zelda Topic

VO.SUPER

I just had a dream that I got to play this and it had a ton of cool differences from the original, new gameplay elements and areas and stuff. Goddamn pre-release game dreams messing up expectations.

Urghhh pre release game dreams are the worst thing ever. Even worse when in them you actually HAVE the game then wake up to realise it was announced last week and is months away from release ;(

But yeah, I also don't really care for the Great Sea theme, it is good and does give off a great sense of adventure but my god it's such a draaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag. At least the Field themes you only hear for a few minutes at a time at best, you end up listening to the Great Sea for hours.

• Thumbs Up 2

Sorta makes you wish there were like three-four themes that randomised themselves, bit like a radio on games like SSX3

YAY! Can't wait to get the Zelda WWHD Wii U console now :D

I managed to play up to the 5th dungeon or so with a map and guide but after that the raw physical difficulty of the game got boring for me.  I forget what it was that kept killing me but yeah I'm pretty sure it was the 5th or so dungeon.

I thought the point of a Majora's Mask remake was to have it not only alongside OoT's remake, but also on-the-go and with better bow controls since honestly, the original's are pretty flimsy nowadays. I don't get why people want it on WiiU, or rather I do understand wanting to see it in that glorious HD, but like I said I thought the point was to have it on-the-go along with OoT.

And on Zelda 1, I made it to Level 6 but never got past it and gave up. Still better progress than Zelda 2 which I made it past the first dungeon and nothing more. Maybe one day…

Edited by Scootaloo

I've wondered if it'd be more fun if you have the map it came with

I the map and a gamefaqs page pulled up the whole time and I still didn't have much fun with it. The game is just the kind of game where its difficult, but its just the boring  kind of difficult where nothing compels you to want to keep trying.

I'm not entirely sure I ever actually played the original Zelda...I don't think I'd like it, though. Too dated, both mechanically and designwise.

I thought the point of a Majora's Mask remake was to have it not only alongside OoT's remake, but also on-the-go and with better bow controls since honestly, the original's are pretty flimsy nowadays.

Not really?  I mean yeah people want it on-the-go I guess.  I can't quite understand why though.  Well I can but I'd hate for people to experience it for the first time as a tiny little cooped up portable experience.

Also the superior bow controls can be done on Wii U so.

If there was ever a game where cardinal-directional-only movement irritated me, it was the original LoZ. 

Also I would love to have Twilight Princess on the go, but would the 3DS be powerful enough to run a straight port of the GC version, or would there be cutbacks?

137792011014.jpg

It isn't possible right now because the 3DS and Wii U don't share the same library, but it'd be a win-win if you could download the N64 remakes and it'd download to both your Wii U and 3DS so you canplay them on the go and on the Wii U. On the 3DS, it has the 3D effect and on the Wii U it has better resolution.

But enough about my pipedreams...

• Thumbs Up 1

Not really?  I mean yeah people want it on-the-go I guess.  I can't quite understand why though.  Well I can but I'd hate for people to experience it for the first time as a tiny little cooped up portable experience.   Also the superior bow controls can be done on Wii U so.
Well it's also added to the fact that MM uses pretty much the exact same artstyle and engine as OoT which is already set for use for rather quick work on 3DS.

If there's one thing I can give to OoT3D, it's the use of the gyro sensor for the bow and slingshot and stuff. It's very responsive and makes the process quicker. So I agree that Majora's Mask could benefit from it.

IGN gives Wind Waker HD a pretty fancy score:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/09/17/the-legend-of-zelda-the-wind-waker-hd-review

9.8/10

I absolutely loved the original Wind Waker - heck, it's still my favourite Zelda game - and I'm sure this HD version will be even better thanks to the tweaks it's making, but... that score does seem a little bit excessive. Maybe they're still in "massive praise" mode after GTA V and are sharing the high-scoring love to other titles as well. Not that I'm complaining about such a good review score, it just seems a bit more than what one would expect for what is essentially a 10 year old game with a new coat of paint.

On the whole though, I'm pleased to see WWHD hitting 9/10 as a sort of average so far, as I was half-expecting it to be only hitting the 8/10 mark because it's nothing overly new. In a way I'm actually annoyed it's getting such good scores - I was hoping to pick it up further down the line after the rush of big games like Pokemon and Sonic and Mario, but this is tempting me to get it along with all the others too. All of the monies, y i no has?!

To be fair to the high scores, if a game hasn't aged it hasn't aged, and Wind Waker really hasn't aged.

@Indigo - I was mulling over the wonderful idea of both an Wii U and 3DS remake myself, though in my head I'd love a FULL HD rework, beyond OoT 3D levels.  Though... honestly OoT 3D levels would look really good in HD anyway, could have a bit more fancy lighting etc.