Awoo.

SSMB BOOK CLUB 1st Month! August: Young Adult month!

Pelly <3's U

I am essentially neutral this book to the extent that I forgot it had a plot outside of the survival story.

I'm also pretty sure you can't start a fire that way, the sparks don't remain hot enough unless the flint and steel need to be basically on top of the kindling to light.

This genre's a bit of a wasteland. read the book where he deals with his problem through hang gliding or the one where he returns a native american skull to a location near the native's death because the ghost compelled him?

I would suggest reading Journey to Terezor, a book the publisher cared so much about that the copy I read randomly has a chapter from a different book in the middle of it. Watch in amazement as you find the likely origin of this one episode of captain planet where this alien kidnaps humans to preserve them (Though without the environmentalist message), there's randomly this subplot where he spends months pretending to be a member of this one species in order to hide out from the robots built by the extinct Terezors, which by the way I think have a giant single eye for a head and several arms, one of which is a laser.

In a strange was I almost feel like I'm done with novels, as in I've gleaned all that I feel like I really can from them. I look back at some many books I've read as just being really bad in retrospect. I feel like I'll have such a tiny chance of happening upon something I'll actually like.

That said, I do still think it's funny that I've read Wizard of Oz but never seen the movie. Unless I'm forgetting about something, the same applies to Jungle Book.

We're reading the books already? But I haven't even started. ;a; Did we ever actually decide on a book to read or does everyone just choose one and then share our thoughts on it? (I've never been in a book club before.)

We're reading the books already? But I haven't even started. ;a; Did we ever actually decide on a book to read or does everyone just choose one and then share our thoughts on it? (I've never been in a book club before.)

The books we're reading this month are either Hatchet or Holes as per the first post

I'm actually going to start (and presumably finish) Holes today.

The weird thing about going back and re-reading YA novels you read as a kid is realizing how short they are. Maybe it's because the last couple books I read were door stopper high fantasy novels, but these are starting to look like magazine articles to me.