Awoo.

Sonic Generations modding assistance thread.

LeBronFilms

I'm new so I hope I'm doing this right haha. I was wondering if anyone could help me with modding the music in Generations. I'm new to modding and figured out how to replace music but have some problems. The songs don't loop and when I try and change the boost music the game crashes. Can anyone help?

The songs don't loop and when I try and change the boost music the game crashes.

For looping songs!

You need to have made two audio files; a starting portion and a looping portion, and made sure that both of them are of the 48000 bitrate (or 44100 if you're modding one of the Custom Music that's specified with the first two numbers in the filename, such as Add01a_Green_Hill_44LP_wav), though it's as easy as opening them in Audacity and changing the Project Rate in the bottom left. Both need to be converted to ADX in the WAV to ADX tool, with appropiate filenames that would be recognised as going in order (such as 1.adx and 2.adx), then run through SFIV Audio Manager and it's Tools > Combine multiple ADX files to one AAX archive. If you need a direct example that aren't the game files, here's two raw WAV files from one of my music mods! Just convert them to ADX and AAX, then shove it over Classic City Escape or something. :D

For boosting tracks!

Can't seem to find the video tutorial I used to make my ones at the moment, but it should just be a case of changing the normal music track from Stereo to Mono, which is also easily doable in Audacity. Just click the little down arrow on the track, selecting Split Stereo to Mono, then deleting one of the two tracks now that the audio's split into the Left and Right sides. There's probably at least one step I'm missing, but I can't recall it without the video... I'll try looking for it again later, and edit if I find it.

Got a question that's probably for the tech junkies; is it possible to implement Speed Shoes tracks for Modern levels? When Modern uses the Speed Shoes either with an item box or Classic's skill, it all works perfectly fine (less-so in 3D) apart from the fact the level music just outright dies... it's definitely looking for a file, since it's just coming up empty as opposed to crashing the game just because it's alien to Modern's levels, so it's surely possible to redirect it to new custom tracks? This would be the crème de la crème on my Modern the Classic mod, so...

For looping songs!

You need to have made two audio files; a starting portion and a looping portion, and made sure that both of them are of the 48000 bitrate (or 44100 if you're modding one of the Custom Music that's specified with the first two numbers in the filename, such as Add01a_Green_Hill_44LP_wav), though it's as easy as opening them in Audacity and changing the Project Rate in the bottom left. Both need to be converted to ADX in the WAV to ADX tool, with appropiate filenames that would be recognised as going in order (such as 1.adx and 2.adx), then run through SFIV Audio Manager and it's Tools > Combine multiple ADX files to one AAX archive. If you need a direct example that aren't the game files, here's two raw WAV files from one of my music mods! Just convert them to ADX and AAX, then shove it over Classic City Escape or something. biggrin.png

For boosting tracks!

Can't seem to find the video tutorial I used to make my ones at the moment, but it should just be a case of changing the normal music track from Stereo to Mono, which is also easily doable in Audacity. Just click the little down arrow on the track, selecting Split Stereo to Mono, then deleting one of the two tracks now that the audio's split into the Left and Right sides. There's probably at least one step I'm missing, but I can't recall it without the video... I'll try looking for it again later, and edit if I find it.

Got a question that's probably for the tech junkies; is it possible to implement Speed Shoes tracks for Modern levels? When Modern uses the Speed Shoes either with an item box or Classic's skill, it all works perfectly fine (less-so in 3D) apart from the fact the level music just outright dies... it's definitely looking for a file, since it's just coming up empty as opposed to crashing the game just because it's alien to Modern's levels, so it's surely possible to redirect it to new custom tracks? This would be the crème de la crème on my Modern the Classic mod, so...

Thanks haha this is really confusing but I'll give it a go. I'm also having problems finding a program that plays .aax files, as I tried winamp with vgmstrea to no avail. Any suggestions?

• 2 months later...

I am trying to create a Sonic Generations mod for the PC version with my custom model of Petey Piranha from Super Mario Sunshine.

I need help rigging my Petey Piranha model to Sonic's skeleton and importing him over Sonic's model for Sonic Generations, so I can use it in my Sonic Generations mod that I am trying to make.

If you can help me, please download these files and give me the modified version when you are done:

Download Link for Files: https://db.tt/cggeB78k