Awoo.

Final Fantasy XIII Lightning Saga

pppp

WRONG.

You just fucking killed Serah through Seeress bullshit. Pretty sure she's dead as shit.

I would honestly bet with you that somehow she will be alive again.

- People from XIII-2 haven't died. Because of the effects of the chaos (I'm not sure if this is the proper English word), people have stopped aging and don't get old.

Oh, come on guys, it could be executed well! Maybe it will be handled intelligently!

Maybe!

Who am I kidding. I'll be very surprised if the storyline has anything of value to offer at this point.

• Thumbs Up 3

Kingdom Hearts is a series about existential friendship and what it means. Final Fantasy 13 is just crappy writing.

Ok, but how does the incredible power of friendship explain stuff like clones and time travel.

Edited by Tmsp

Ok, but how does the incredible power of friendship explain stuff like clones and time travel.

It doesn't, but it's at least well-written, intelligently executed and works in the context of the universe.

This probably won't be.

Honestly, I can't help but find it hilarious that this kind of crap is where they decided XIII's story should go after the first.

Edited by T-Man

Or the resurerrections of characters you yourself put in the grave.

It doesn't, but it's at least well-written, intelligently-executed and works in the context of the universe.

That's all I needed to know, friendship doesn't explain the confusing crap in the series (I guess).

I'm not a huge fan of KH so if you say that it is well-written and intelligently-executed I will believe in you, me as a "casual" KH player can't get most of the stuff that happens in the games and countless spin-offs.

I'm a huge Kingdom Hearts fan and I can safely say that it is NOT well written in the slightest. Kingdom Hearts is the lesser of the two evils.

• Thumbs Up 1

Kingdom Hearts has a really great plot, but the actual quality of the dialogue is pretty shit, as far as I'm concerned. 358/2 Days ironically had the best dialogue out of all of the games, so it's really a shame that nothing actually happened and it ended up being a huge disappointment.

• Thumbs Up 2

Kingdom Hearts started out with a great plot, but it slowly turned into an unintelligible clusterfuck that matches Final Fantasy 13.

Kingdom Hearts started out with a great plot, but it slowly turned into an unintelligible clusterfuck that matches Final Fantasy 13.

• Thumbs Up 2

I've never played any FF games, so I can't comment on them.

Off topic:

I love the Kingdom Hearts series, but man, I just hope the next game is KH3, so we can finally kill Xehanort and all of his other counterparts once and for all, because I'm starting to get a bit tired of the current arc, I mean... how many times do we have to kill the same guy until he's dead for real?

Edited by Spider-Man Noir

I think the reason we're getting all these games is because Toriyama is determined to get us to like lightning just as much as he does.

It isn't working.

I think the reason we're getting all these games is because Toriyama is determined to get us to like lightning just as much as he does.

It isn't working.

I like her, not as much as him, but I like her.

Kingdom Hearts has a really great plot, but the actual quality of the dialogue is pretty shit, as far as I'm concerned. 358/2 Days ironically had the best dialogue out of all of the games, so it's really a shame that nothing actually happened and it ended up being a huge disappointment.

Off topic: I thought 3D had the best Dialogue,(Mostly cause of Riku and YX). 358/2 days.....ehh. KH2 did a better job. But yeah, The story is good, but it's executed horribly. There are still good points in the plot that make you feel positive about it, But that gets lost easily.

On-Topic:Still it's better than what 13's plot has attempted to do. 13 is just so random and uninspired....Although don't get the hate for the reason the old cast is around still.(People complain about hope coming back, but didn't complain about Aqua,Terra and Ven,Xion and Roxas basically all being confirmed to be in 3? Really?tongue.png I mean a lot of those characters are just as hated from what I've seen.)

Edited by Pepsiman

I like Lightning before she turned into a softy.

Hard ass and snarky Lightning was best Lightning.

Speaking as someone who's never played Final Fantasy XIII: I've been reading a few books lately which star protagonists who are what you might call hard-ass and snarky, but who turn soft by the end. And I feel like the writers here are kind of on a different planet to the readers/players, because these characters are so much more interesting and individual before their supposed character development, which strips them of everything that was unique about them.

As for Kingdom Hearts, I feel that to understand what's going on you need to have played every single game, but because it's split over so many consoles and every single spin-off is vital to the story, then it's very easy to get lost. I'm playing 3D at the moment, never played a Kingdom Hearts game before, very little idea what's going on, but I'm just going with it. I think they could do a far better job at making the story accessible for new players, but I'm willing to accept that as a problem of presentation rather than necessarily with the story itself.

...This concludes my post in an FFXIII topic that had nothing to do with FFXIII. Actually I guess I can just throw in my two cents and saying that nobody having died or aged does seem to render it pretty pointless that the game is set three centuries in the future. I'd be really interested to hear why exactly it seems necessary for it to be set three centuries in the future and what they couldn't have done by just setting it after the previous two games and using some other magical plot device.

Hm, I guess I should let my little bro read all of that; he might actually change his mind on getting it...

Holy shit dude, your hate of 13-2 is literally oozing out of my computer screen here. Any way I just found this out, it's both awesome and stupid at the same time:

Hey it's an homage to the Ultros and Typhon battle from ff6, then even repeat the dialogue when they show up on the Air ship. That's freaking awesome.

What's stupid is that instead of being an in game unlockable you have to pay for this fight.

Edited by Balding Spider
  • Thumbs Up 1

About the Snow plothole: it's explained not in a DLC but (wtf) in a japan-only novel.

Of course.