Awoo.

Final Fantasy XIII Lightning Saga

pppp

So many fucking excuses just to not show it.

I'd like to wonder exactly what standards set "nostalgic Final Fantasy feeling". Because it's certainly not what the trailer we saw years ago was.

He means having a huge overworld with airships and towns. Yeah it will be in a modern setting, but so were VII and VIII.

I have a feeling Lightning Returns will just conclude the Lightning saga and not the XIII saga. Lightning has turned crystal in XIII-2 so she will not be awake for a long time, and that's why we have this game. Meanwhile at present we don't know if Noel and the rest can bring peace to the world. I kinda find it hard to believe that Caius actually triumphs over them for good.

So yeah, don't be shocked if we see a XIII-3 after this. XP

Well, there are some primar news (source: http://andriasang.co...eturns_details/):

- The game is currently 30% complete

- This will be Lightning's last game and will end with a happy ending. The game has just one ending.

- The first FFXIII was story driven, meaning that the story pulled the player along. FFXIII-2 was player driven, meaning players selected the story. Lightning Returns is World Driven, meaning players have to consider how they interact with the changing world.

- The game's in-game time works out to one day being the equivalent of one to two hours of real time. -There will be increases and decreases in time.

- The game is meant to be played and cleared multiple times. The volume is not such that it will take many tens of hours to clear once.

- People from XIII-2 haven't died. Because of the effects of the chaos (I'm not sure if this is the proper English word), people have stopped aging and don't get old.

-The Novus world has four continents, two natural and two city-type.

- Depending on your actions, the remaining life of the world could decrease, and the game could end before the 13 day limit.

- There are some times when helping someone will decrease the life of the world.

- Defeating some enemies and clearing some quests will increase the life of the world.

- Lightning is all by herself in battle, allowing you to concentrate more than when you had to control a party.

- Lightning has become a considerably more refined person.

- You can freely move around during battle. Some elements of the battle system are timing-based.

- The battle system is close to action. There's an ATB gauge.

- During battle, you don't select menu commands. Instead, you select abilities which have been assigned to buttons.

- Hope will give guidance to Lightning via wireless com.

- The city has clocks everywhere showing the constant progression of time.

Glad that Hope and (hopefully) the rest of the characters have survived, but sucks that only Light is playable: and with the action part in the fights it's Crisis Core all over again.

Edited by Teoskaven
  • Thumbs Up 1

I much prefer the Fantasy setting. They can have sci-fi, in fact I encourage it but, when everything is just dark cities with skyscrapers? EUGH.

• Thumbs Up 1

I much prefer the Fantasy setting. They can have sci-fi, in fact I encourage it but, when everything is just dark cities with skyscrapers? EUGH.

Edited by Teoskaven

Fucking Square Enix. I was almost interested in this game, but then you HAAAD to pull the confusing crap again.

Fucking Square Enix. I was almost interested in this game, but then you HAAAD to pull the confusing crap again.

You where expecting no confusing crap from the developers of Kingdom Hearts?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

*inhale* Tha-that's what they're going with now huh? Fucking Square man I swear, hahahahahaha!

Man, it's a shame too. The plot would have almost been easier to follow if it weren't for this shit.

"Oh, let's not have Lightning learn the CONSEQUENCES for being frozen for 300 years. Let's just bring everything back like nothing happened! That may defeat the purpose of setting it 300 years in the future but who gives a fuck about character development or continuity?"

Yeah I kinda agree that it defeats the purpose of setting it like 300 years in to the future. What's the point if every returning character's going to be there? I hope Square changes their mind about that.

They won't with Hope though, that's pretty set in stone since he communicates with Lightning.

Hope was kinda annoying in XIII, but I find him alright in XIII-2...do I want him in this game? No. But I hope he doesn't turn out annoying like he was in the first game.

- People from XIII-2 haven't died. Because of the effects of the chaos (I'm not sure if this is the proper English word), people have stopped aging and don't get old.

Ah right, So we should assume then that one of the sub plots although it should be the main plot given how much of an impact this would have on the world is going to be 'population growth which slowly leads to the collapse of society right?'

Anyone remember that Torchwood series last year where people suddenly stopped dying? Yeah look at that for what your final fantasy 13-3 Ooops sorry "LIGHTNING RETURNS!" should be like.

Oh wait hang on... Sqaure Enix have lost all sense of reality... so whats the betting that the population will be living in relative comfort without this being an issue?

Oh wait hang on... Sqaure Enix have lost all sense of reality... so whats the betting that the population will be living in relative comfort without this being an issue?

This is exactly what's going to happen. They only did this in the first place so they could bring the damned characters that nobody liked back.

Watch Sazh be the only one that turns out dead. People actually LIKED him, and we all know how much square enix loves pissing people off.

The returning characters should have small screentime anyway (well except Hope, I wish they switch him with Sazh) like what they did with Vanille and Fang in XIII-2. Remember this game centers around Lightning, nobody else.

Watch Sazh be the only one that turns out dead. People actually LIKED him, and we all know how much square enix loves pissing people off.

Edited by Teoskaven

You where expecting no confusing crap from the developers of Kingdom Hearts?

Kingdom Hearts is a series about existential friendship and what it means. Final Fantasy 13 is just crappy writing.