Awoo.

Sonic's 25th Anniversary

PwnzorProd

I'm not sure what to expect from Sonic's 25th anniversary. The best I can think of is a huge game that year, plus a bunch of cool events and such.

Well I have a running joke that any anivarsary that ends in a five usaully sucks

so dont get your hopes up guys.

But judgeing how Sega have been treating fans of all styles recentley keep your hopes at a

meduim area.

Haha. I was thinking the same thing! Hopefully the curse will be broken when the 25th anniversary does come around.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a gut feeling that there will be no main game until the 20th anniversary.

You mean the 25th or 30th anniversary right? The 20th anniversary was 2011.

Edited by NightwingFox

Could there possibly be better timing for the Shadow the Hedgehog sequel?

I'd be happy with a game that goes back to having just Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles as playable characters again. If they could set up the levels with physics that could accentuate the abilities that Tails and Knuckles have with the same sort of design as the modern stages in Generations, I'd be thrilled.

Edited by Blackthorne
  • Thumbs Up 1

Could there possibly be better timing for the Shadow the Hedgehog sequel?

I'd be happy with a game that goes back to having just Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles as playable characters again. If they could set up the levels with physics that could accentuate the abilities that Tails and Knuckles have with the same sort of design as the modern stages in Generations, I'd be thrilled.

I have a horrible feeling that as the PS2 version of Heroes (no widescreen improves, etc) was released on Eu PSN earlier this year, that SEGA will do the same and will put the PS2 version of Shadow The Hedgehog onto PSN.

Edited by NightwingFox

I think for the 25th a game where it has a really good plot twist story is a must to get us excited or maybe get excited more people. Have a story like Secret Rings, Unleashed or Black Knight in length and all.

Combine that with a nice gameplay a la Generations style. Make it lenghty with enough stages or with DLC support. Unlockables etc whatever you can thing.

And have Team Sonic making a return. It doesn't have to be Sonic Heroes style. One time you can have Tails along with you helping out at some point or following around while Knuckles waits for them to return or does something else and vice versa.

Shadow and Silver returning for some rival battles. Eggman of course with his plan and we are good to go.

And Blaze as an unlockable character.

You mean the 25th or 30th anniversary right? The 20th anniversary was 2011.

yes, I do.

Well I have a running joke that any anivarsary that ends in a five usaully sucks

so dont get your hopes up guys.

But judgeing how Sega have been treating fans of all styles recentley keep your hopes at a

meduim area.

I believe all anniversaries suck. SA2 and 06 were garbage and Generations is a cheap cash-in budget title.

I think it should be something appealing. Not sequels like, Generations 2, 06 2, Heroes 2 or Adventure 3. We need a game that is pure Sonic.

I think it should be something appealing. Not sequels like, Generations 2, 06 2, Heroes 2 or Adventure 3. We need a game that is pure Sonic.

And what classifies as a "pure Sonic" game?

I believe all anniversaries suck. SA2 and 06 were garbage and Generations is a cheap cash-in budget title.

How the heck is Generations a cheap cash-in budget title? Sure it was lacking in content but it definitely does Sonic a lot of justice, and it's the best Anniversary game I've ever seen (SEGA could've given us an Anniversary game like Super Mario All-Stars if they wanted to, but they didn't). It's also a great next step for the Modern gameplay style. Whatever floats your boat I guess.

P.S - You wouldn't stop going on about Blaze being an unlockable character would you...

Edited by KrazyBean
  • Thumbs Up 7

If your talking about Sonic being the only playable character then Unleashed, Colors, and Generations said hi.

I really want Blaze in the 25th anniversary one.

Fix'd.

But really, I don't see how they could top Classic Sonic, Tails and Eggman briefly coming out of their twilight... What about a Mario vs. Sonic platformer? :P I like the idea of special one-offs for an anniversary!

Edited by Joker the Magnificent

Fix'd.

But really, I don't see how they could top Classic Sonic, Tails and Eggman briefly coming out of their twilight... What about a Mario vs. Sonic platformer? :P I like the idea of special one-offs for an anniversary!

Trust me, a lot of people want a Mario and Sonic platformer.

Fix'd.

But really, I don't see how they could top Classic Sonic, Tails and Eggman briefly coming out of their twilight... What about a Mario vs. Sonic platformer? tongue.png I like the idea of special one-offs for an anniversary!

Yeah...nah.

For Sonic's anniversary I want to celebrate the day the series started and the moments that happen until this day, not how Sega can make a cash in crossover.

If it was just a random game, I would be ok with it, but for the 25th anniversary? Let me quote the Sonic & Knuckles error screen:

2OxNQ.jpg

No.

Bring back Big, the REAL cool cat. <3

Edited by Autosaver
  • Thumbs Up 2

I can't wait to see what new hedgehog they come up with~!

Sirius the Hedgehog, he comes from space (Neptune to be exact) and has water powers.

Then we have Space Robotnik just like Shadow had Gerald and Silver had Nega and don't forget a female companion like Rouge/Blaze. Sirus one will be a space virus, Gloria the Deoxys.

I know it is kind of early to talk about this, but I was wondering what they will do with it. I mean it is the 25th anniversary so it should be amazing. Generations was a great game and the collectors edition was also pretty good, but that was only the 20th anniversary. So what do you think?

What do I think? I think that it might finally be the definite year when I truly do manage to attend the SOS... by becoming a graduated fully-trained Flight Attendant for some airline which conducts layover flights to London's Heathrow.

Amen.

No.

Bring back Big, the REAL cool cat. <3

How about make Blaze fat in this one, and use the classic designs, which were ALL fat?

How 'bout an HD remake of all the classic games.

Called: Sonic the Hedgehog:Original Trilogy

Where they could use the 3-D models from Generations and create one for Knuckles.

Using their expert skills to make the game as beautiful as other Sonic games, while remixing the Music make it sound fresh and new and redo the 2-player mode to adapt to all 3 games and you race or battle eachother in new sections of the levels.

The levels themselves will have cut-scene transitions in between the levels only and there will be no voice acting just cut-scenes showing how they get from level to level and transitioning how they get from game to game and showing how he got each new ability in the game. After you complete the game you will be able to use the abilities in the previous games. Just like Sonic games do there will be sound-test that lets you listen to the music without playing levels. Oh and for good measure Debug mode will be an unlockable feature after you complete the game.

I wish people would get out of the mindset of retreading the past.

I don't usually have that mindset I just thought it would be cool.

Where they could use the 3-D models from Generations and create one for Knuckles.

Using their expert skills to make the game as beautiful as other Sonic games, while remixing the Music make it sound fresh and new and redo the 2-player mode to adapt to all 3 games and you race or battle eachother in new sections of the levels.

The levels themselves will have cut-scene transitions in between the levels only and there will be no voice acting just cut-scenes showing how they get from level to level and transitioning how they get from game to game and showing how he got each new ability in the game. After you complete the game you will be able to use the abilities in the previous games. Just like Sonic games do there will be sound-test that lets you listen to the music without playing levels. Oh and for good measure Debug mode will be an unlockable feature after you complete the game.

Mecha Sonic and Silver Sonic also need models. Perhaps include CD as well.

Mecha Sonic and Silver Sonic also need models. Perhaps include CD as well.

Oh right I forgot about them, but no Sonic CD I like the game but it won't be a trilogy if a fourth game is added.

Retreading or not, you all know you'd buy the fuck out of this game, so shut up.

• Thumbs Up 1