Awoo.

Sonic's 25th Anniversary

PwnzorProd

Sorry, but you're wrong. Sonic Adventure 3 needs to come out but this is HIGHLY incorrect (No offense). But the way you describe it? AWESOME. I just hope when it does come out that Omega, or Shadow have stories. You make iy sound like a miracle though.

I stopped laughing long enough so I'll go ahead and tell you that he was joking, champ.

• Thumbs Up 4

Sorry, but you're wrong. Sonic Adventure 3 needs to come out but this is HIGHLY incorrect (No offense). But the way you describe it? AWESOME. I just hope when it does come out that Omega, or Shadow have stories. You make iy sound like a miracle though.

The 25th Anniversary Sonic merch, that's what I'm looking forward to.

And a new Sonic game as well.

Wait wait wait, are you serious, because if you are then you are the first Sonic 06' fan I have ever seen.

Not a first. =p

I want too on 25th anniversary game like S2k6. it's a great game. But for that need to came back Mr.Naka and Director of game was Mr.Nakamura-san. :)

Well, here what I think Sega/Sonic Team should do in order to prep themselves up for the 25th.

Keep the fans occupied with the next Sonic game (whatever mainstream Sonic game that's -presumably- being released in 2013, like give it a lot of replay value-whether it's within the game, or via online/downloadable content) so that they have enough time (at least two and a half to three years of development) to develop a really big, amazing Sonic game (and it should be a game that they totally should not play it safe with in terms of gameplay, storyline, extra content, etc.), and release only a miniscule amount of information about the game until it's officially announced and/or (even) released (so until they buy the game and play it, the fans and press know little-to-nothing about the game), to build up a lot of hype. Sorta like how they did with Sonic 4: Episode I and Sonic Generations. Start with a 25th Anniversary teaser, and keep tight-lipped about the game until the official announcement. Then either release it the same date one of the older, more well-known Sonic games was released (a no-brainer release date would be June 23rd, when the original Sonic the Hedgehog was released).

• Thumbs Up 2

You know what we're getting for Sonic's 25th Anniversary? ...Sonic Adventure 3 rolleyes.gif

I think ya mean Sonic Adventure 8 :V

Heroes = SA3

Shadow = SA4

'06 = SA5

Unleashed = SA6

Sonic Adventure 7 = SA7

A supposed "Sonic Adventure 3" = SA8

I want a collection of all the good classic games, remade in Sonic Generations classic style, I think that would be pretty awesome.

• Thumbs Up 1

It would be great, but it would be even cooler if they made the collection inside of another new game.

Edited by PwnzorProd

I want new engine, new games, new sonic, new characters.

I was under the impression that's what they were trying to do with Sonic '06.

I remember seeing screenshots, video tests for lighting and stuff, and I was bouncing off the walls from it all.

*sigh* I fell into the Sonic Cycle. Damn.

Anyways - I remember seeing some "Mario's 25th" stuff here in Prague a while back. It was all pretty modest, just some stalls up with pictures of Mario through the years, a bunch of consoles hooked up to some monitors. People didn't seem that interested, to be honest! biggrin.png Perhaps Mario just ain't cool! Muahaha!

If the increasing popularity of SoS is anything to go by, I'd say it would be worthwhile and pretty damned cool to see something similar for Sonic's 25th. Perhaps the revival of the Segabus?! XD Maybe even Segaworld! Haha! That would kick as... and totally would never happen...

Edited by MamboCat

Is this guy serious? Why would ANYONE want new characters even though Sonic Team isn't even utilizing the SLEW of various ones they have now? MAYBE if they only stuck around for one game, but at this point in time we do NOT need any more permanent characters, what we need is to have perfected gameplay formulas and proper utiliation for the ones we currently have.

No, the new characters will kill several of the old characters to make room. This game-changing plot twist is sure to get the fandom excited!

I've been thinking a bit lately, and what I really want is a nice plot. Yeah Colors made me laugh, and Generations wasn't what it could have been, yet both of those are among my favorite entries in the series. But man, it'd be nice to feel a little something from a Sonic title's plot by the 25th Anniversary. Something like Sonic Adventure 2's ending, heck, something like Sonic Unleashed's ending. I'm not begging for a dark story, not begging for a character death, nothing like that. Just for the plot to actually go somewhere worthwhile and to be something I can invest in.

That would be brillant. The problem is, 06 tried to do that, only half of the game was spent watching cutscenes...

Sega's reaction to the hate? Dull the plot, cut the cutscenes to minimum. Fewer cutscenes = less plot.

I'd love a well told story, perhaps we won't get it, since gameplay is SEGA's primary concern at the moment.

Edited by Paradox
  • Thumbs Up 3

I know the perfect game for the 25th:

Sonic Generations Adventure 2 DX: Heroes Unleashed

Joking aside I would like a game where Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles are playable.

• Thumbs Up 5

I think for the 25th a game where it has a really good plot twist story is a must to get us excited or maybe get excited more people. Have a story like Secret Rings, Unleashed or Black Knight in length and all.

Combine that with a nice gameplay a la Generations style. Make it lenghty with enough stages or with DLC support. Unlockables etc whatever you can thing.

And have Team Sonic making a return. It doesn't have to be Sonic Heroes style. One time you can have Tails along with you helping out at some point or following around while Knuckles waits for them to return or does something else and vice versa.

Shadow and Silver returning for some rival battles. Eggman of course with his plan and we are good to go.

• Thumbs Up 5

Honestly I don't think they need to celebrate Sonic's birthday every five years...

But anyways though, I'd say just make a great game that gets more people to like Sonic. :3 Really can't say that much.

• Thumbs Up 1

Honestly I don't think they need to celebrate Sonic's birthday every five years...

...but they're going to, you know that.

• Thumbs Up 1

But anyways though, I'd say just make a great game that gets more people to like Sonic. :3 Really can't say that much.

I understand where you are coming from, but apparently this is something that Sega likes to do, celebrating Sonic's anniversary every 5 years. I mean, even a bunch of us celebrated Sonic's 21st anniversary a few weeks ago...it's something that us fans like to do too even on a more frequent (yearly) basis, I guess.

For all the questionable things Sega has done over the years, I thought they did an excellent job for everything they did regarding Sonic's 20th anniversary. From the ton of 20th anniversary merchandise that was available to the awesome game Sonic Generations, with everything else inbetween, Sega did a lot to commemorate Sonic being around for 2 decades. And it was fun too. smile.png

Now if they did that for his 20th anniversary, imagine how much more Sega would go all out to celebrate Sonic's 25th anniversary...that will be quite a milestone for Sonic to be around for a quarter of a century, and definitely something to celebrate with an amazing game and then some! Assuming Sega doesn't completely self-destruct, once again I hope that Sega and Sonic will be around then with the finances to be able to pull this party off in 2016 so we will be able to celebrate and enjoy ourselves like we did in 2011.

• Thumbs Up 4

...but they're going to, you know that.

I think they'll cave and bring back Classic Sonic for the sales. They know they want to!

• Thumbs Up 1

To be honest, I don't know what to expect for Sonic's 25th Anniversary. I was thinking that not only Sonic 25th Anniversary should have a game where it is produced and made to satisfy long term fans and attract more new fans, they'll probably hold international events including tournaments and not just conventions like Summer Of Sonic and Sonic Boom. Something like what Capcom did for Street Fighter this year.

In my opinion, right now is probably too early to discuss about it. Wait for a couple of years and then we'll probably work it out from then.

Edited by deepbluespeed99

25th Anniversary is going to be a Sonic/Black Dynamite crossover.

And then Sega will implode in a fiery supernova of pleasure and all will be well.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well I have a running joke that any anivarsary that ends in a five usaully sucks

so dont get your hopes up guys.

But judgeing how Sega have been treating fans of all styles recentley keep your hopes at a

meduim area.