Awoo.

Sonic's 25th Anniversary

PwnzorProd

Sonic 5. Side scroller, SG graphics, even better classic physics, all new levels and Naofumi Hataya + Tomoya Ohtani + Cash Cash as music composers. And 60fps.

A man can dream, right?

I actually drooled xD

• Thumbs Up 3

This is what I want:

The 25th anniversary (represented at E3) should be focused specifically on the great music the series has had. The big thing is the new 'interactive music' thing, where your level performance affects the music (so screw up constantly and you might not even get to the chorus)

You know what I mean, right? Someone here posted an amazing youtube vid about it.

The game comes with some sort of music-composing software/tool which they show off at E3, and it also contains sound effects and snippets of other songs to work with if you want. Songs can be shared online or streetpass on 3DS. I can really see the appeal of this personally...

The game should be full of music references and and allow you to change which music plays in certain levels (after completing them first obviously)

Generations kicked the pants off 06 in terms of being an anniversary title, and is right up there with SA2 for me. More or less, though I wish the plot was more detailed and not just "everyone gets sucked up, you see them in one cutscene and then never again."

There's that whole rumor of Sonic being re-designed due to Takashi Iizuka's "Sonic of the new generation" remark or whatever it was. If so, maybe we'd see it then. A redesign isn't completely able to be ruled out; his last design was in 1998, I think? We've had this one for 14 years, which is the usual time for updated design as far as I know. More quills? Different shoes? Who knows! Or maybe he'll just be the same forever. Time will tell.

I suspect they're done with the time travel idea for now, since it sounds like poor Classic is being sent away. (Pity, I really think they should have used him for Sonic 4; retcon, yes, but does it matter?) I suspect it'll be a standard title, our previous half-decade anniversaries being Sonic Blast and Sonic 06. But 25 is a special number, so hopefully they'll keep the formula and this new one will rock.

I just hope they don't introduce anymore characters. Well, anymore hedgehogs anyway.

That is if SEGA or Sonic is still going to be around for the next 4 years cause of SEGA's financial situation. :\

Sonic wouldn't die if Sega imploded. He's got a lot of profitability, so it's likely he'd just be bought up by some other company.

I can imagine the next Sonic game being preceded by a blue blur outlining the Disney Castle already... :P

Though really, I'd have no idea who'd grab him. Would be hilarious if it was Nintendo.

That is if SEGA or Sonic is still going to be around for the next 4 years cause of SEGA's financial situation. :\

This is my initial concern, as that thought worries me. I truly hope that both Sonic and Sega will still be around come 2016 in order to be able to celebrate Sonic's 25th anniversary with a video game. Honestly I'm quite doubtful considering how self-destructive Sega has been in recent years...in the end it is poor finances that causes a company's demise and eventual end.

But thinking positively for a second and assuming Sega pulls through out of its finanical mess, I would defintely would like to see a game with a lot of love, fun and effort put in it, like with Sonic Generations. Only I hope this time they don't cut themselves short with content. Have a better, more substantial story, put a multi-player aspect in the game somehow (this might be a good way to incorporate Sonic's friends into the game; I just really want them to have a role other than standing around being cheerleaders), and have enough content in the game that it doesn't take one merely a couple of hours to beat it. The last thing I want to do is spend $50 on a Sonic game second guessing myself whether I got my money's worth from it or not. Especially with an anniversary game.

Oh, and have DLC for this 25th Anniversary game too. More times than none it is requested with Sonic games (especially for Sonic Generations; the fact that we haven't had any at this point is unbelievable and beyond ridiculous, IMO), so why not have it here? Gives us something else to look forward to after the initial game.

• Thumbs Up 4

Judging by Sonic's fifth and fifteenth anniversaries, the 25th will see non-good or terrible games...if SEGA survives that long, that is...

Luckily, Sonic's 10th and 20th were great!

I doubt Sega will even be around anymore in 4 years. Unless they can get their head out of their ass, I don't think we'll see any celebration.

If you look at the recent games that Sega has made that shows that they are coming out of their rut. Just look at Sonic colors and Sonic Generations. Those were the latest games and they were both amazing, so if they can keep going like this then that means that they will survive.

Edited by PwnzorProd

If sega's nearly "dead" in 4 years, I hope they make a "Oh, we're f*cked anyway" move, give Sonic Team a huge budget and let them make the most awesome Sonic game that ever existed.

That would be fantastic, honestly.

Edited by Thigolf
  • Thumbs Up 1

If you look at the recent games that Sega has made that shows that they are coming out of their rut. Just look at Sonic colors and Sonic Generations. THose were the latest games and they were both amazing, so if they can keep going like this then that means that they will survive.

Amazing? Keep going like THIS? I think not. As subjectively good as these recent titles have been, they just aren't cutting it. Sonic Team really needs to bring back their "A" game, stop relying so heavily on nostalgia, and really suprise us with something great and memorable. The retro fans have had their nostalgia, but now I feel it's time to get back to business, especially with a new console generation around the corner. It's a time of somewhat new beginnings, this next AAA mainstream Sonic title could very well be Sega's last chance. They need to turn heads, not keep up what they've been doing, what with relying on the Classics and holding on back story, other playables, and overall content because of fear of backlash. While they shouldn't completely throw caution and fan input to the wind, they can't keep up what they've been doing. They need to SUPRISE us AND meet fan expectations. As stated before by someone (dunno where or who), the boost trilogy has done its job by putting Sonic back on the map and reviving him from suckitude. I feel that the next game needs to be Unleashed HD level in terms of quality, just avoid the BLATANT gameplay flaws and know a bad gimmick and level design when you see one (Will people WANT to stop and collect medals when you're blazing past them, will people enjoy tedious, long night levels/battles with repetitive music ESPECIALLY without being able to progress until you beat all the multi-hit enemies?). That's the kind of stuff they need to catch, and heck I like Unleashed.

Also, they need to bring back other playables for THEIR sake, not just to please fans. People are getting tired of Sonic-Only, and at this point it may start to look like more of the same and could slightly or drastically affect sales. Not only that, but even the recent titles have very little replay value, they need to keep improving the formula and level design. SLOW SONIC DOWN if you have to, let him be a platformer with speed, not speed with platforming. No, the way things are now, Sonic is still crawling out of his ditch, but come next game it's time for him to get up and freaking walk, or better yet, run.

• Thumbs Up 1

Amazing? Keep going like THIS? I think not. As subjectively good as these recent titles have been, they just aren't cutting it. Sonic Team really needs to bring back their "A" game, stop relying so heavily on nostalgia, and really suprise us with something great and memorable. The retro fans have had their nostalgia, but now I feel it's time to get back to business, especially with a new console generation around the corner. It's a time of somewhat new beginnings, this next AAA mainstream Sonic title could very well be Sega's last chance. They need to turn heads, not keep up what they've been doing, what with relying on the Classics and holding on back story, other playables, and overall content because of fear of backlash. While they shouldn't completely throw caution and fan input to the wind, they can't keep up what they've been doing. They need to SUPRISE us AND meet fan expectations. As stated before by someone (dunno where or who), the boost trilogy has done its job by putting Sonic back on the map and reviving him from suckitude. I feel that the next game needs to be Unleashed HD level in terms of quality, just avoid the BLATANT gameplay flaws and know a bad gimmick and level design when you see one (Will people WANT to stop and collect medals when you're blazing past them, will people enjoy tedious, long night levels/battles with repetitive music ESPECIALLY without being able to progress until you beat all the multi-hit enemies?). That's the kind of stuff they need to catch, and heck I like Unleashed.

Also, they need to bring back other playables for THEIR sake, not just to please fans. People are getting tired of Sonic-Only, and at this point it may start to look like more of the same and could slightly or drastically affect sales. Not only that, but even the recent titles have very little replay value, they need to keep improving the formula and level design. SLOW SONIC DOWN if you have to, let him be a platformer with speed, not speed with platforming. No, the way things are now, Sonic is still crawling out of his ditch, but come next game it's time for him to get up and freaking walk, or better yet, run.

All this is true they do need to make something new, but at the same time they need to be careful. Something that they should do is look at all the feed back out of all the games that they have recently made and they should use that to make the new game. The game will also have to be well thought out with a good story, good characters, good dialogue (because in some of the games the dialogue really sucks), good graphics, great mechanics, and great controls. Something that they could do is just go on some kind of public forum and just ask what the fans want. I mean they are not just going to take fan's ideas, but they could get somethings to implement into their games.

Something that they could do is just go on some kind of public forum and just ask what the fans want.

I think that could either be a good or a really really bad idea.

Edited by sonfan1984
  • Thumbs Up 4

All this is true they do need to make something new, but at the same time they need to be careful. Something that they should do is look at all the feed back out of all the games that they have recently made and they should use that to make the new game. The game will also have to be well thought out with a good story, good characters, good dialogue (because in some of the games the dialogue really sucks), good graphics, great mechanics, and great controls. Something that they could do is just go on some kind of public forum and just ask what the fans want. I mean they are not just going to take fan's ideas, but they could get somethings to implement into their games.

Eh, I'd kinda prefer that they go their own way, but at the same time, research, address, and solve any (reasonable) concerns people have with the game throughout its development.

Eh, I'd kinda prefer that they go their own way, but at the same time, research, address, and solve any (reasonable) concerns people have with the game throughout its development.

Yes of coarse we do not want them do get there feed back from a bunch of complainers that just whine about everything and are satisfied with anything.

Oooh, oooh, I know!

Sonic Generations: Battle

No Freddie that's a horrible idea. It should be

Sonic Generations DX

Sonic Generations DX: Mega Genesis Battle Collection is what I'm placing my bet on.

Edited by Getmoving
  • Thumbs Up 3

Sonic 5. Side scroller, SG graphics, even better classic physics, all new levels and Naofumi Hataya + Tomoya Ohtani + Cash Cash as music composers. And 60fps.

A man can dream, right?

Maybe that will be on the next-gen consoles...who knows.

Maybe that will be on the next-gen consoles...who knows.

It is a possibility and it would be a great next gen console game, but we also want something new that is different then the remakes of classic. I think it would also be cool for a different kind of game. Edited by PwnzorProd

SEGA need to keep the series fresh, original and exciting.

I want more characters to be playable in the modern 3d Sonic games, rather than in the current format of just Sonic alone-boost to win.

Perhaps a reboot of the series (totally reworking the gameplay) should start in 2013 and for the 25th anniversary remakes of some of the old classics like Sonic 2 & 3.

SEGA need to keep the series fresh, original and exciting.

I want more characters to be playable in the modern 3d Sonic games, rather than in the current format of just Sonic alone-boost to win.

The formula isn't boost to win anymore.

I do agree about invigorating the franchise though...maybe SEGA need some new people to work on future Sonic games. Fresh brains may provide fresh ideas.

Edited by KrazyBean

The formula isn't boost to win anymore.

I do agree about invigorating the franchise though...maybe SEGA need some new people to work on future Sonic games. Fresh brains may provide fresh ideas.

That might not be a bad idea, but it depends on who the fresh brains are. Edited by PwnzorProd

Better story, better stage design, better character interaction and NOT so damn short I can beat it in a day, and get all achievements in a week! Case in point, Sonic Unleashed. >_>

Let's just hope SEGA still exists in 4 years. I hate to be pessimistic but they seem to be having a rough time lately.

Edited by Gabz Girl

I want a Sonic Adventure 3. I know there are a lot of others who want it too...

• Thumbs Up 2

Better story, better stage design, better character interaction and NOT so damn short I can beat it in a day, and get all achievements in a week! Case in point, Sonic Unleashed. >_>

Let's just hope SEGA still exists in 4 years. I hate to be pessimistic but they seem to be having a rough time lately.

In terms of length I think Sonic Unleashed is fine. Remember, it's not always about the length, look at the Classics, as short as Sonic 3andKnuckles is, it's made so masterfully that almost 2 decades later we're still playing things as well as FINDING things in levels. I think it may be the current gameplay formula, if they can get outta the mindset of insta-speed and make the 3D games speedy via MOMENTUM, that might open the door to some more open platforming. As well as make room for a more varied moveset that isn't based on speed.
  • Thumbs Up 3

I just want another great game.

But we're getting Sonic Adventure 3 with a chao garden and sonic tails knuckles silver shadow rouge blaze amy and a new hedgehog from the future made by eggman nega will be there too. I know this because my cousins' best friend's boyfriend is Takashi Iizuka's nephew and he told me.

Sorry, but you're wrong. Sonic Adventure 3 needs to come out but this is HIGHLY incorrect (No offense). But the way you describe it? AWESOME. I just hope when it does come out that Omega, or Shadow have stories. You make iy sound like a miracle though.

If they ever make one then they'll probably make two brand new characters like they did with the other two.

If they ever make one then they'll probably make two brand new characters like they did with the other two.

As much as this will probably be the case, if they ever make one, the last thing I want them to do is to introduce a new character....I'd prefer if they use the characters they have now properly.

Edited by Burnt Ash
  • Thumbs Up 1