Awoo.

[ARTWORK] The Art Asylum of Death Cannon/ Peacock

Lady Soniko

Holy shit! Besides the weirdly drawn (for me anyway ^^) Sonic, those are some pretty damn amazing works. Keep it up :)

• Thumbs Up 1

If I remember correctly from one of your status updates, you were hesitating whether or not to share your artwork with us. Now why you were hesitating to do so is beyond me...your work is great!

I really like your Sonic drawing, that one is my favorite. Stop hiding (based on your current status update in regards to making an art topic and running off hiding) and share some more with us, okay? Keep up the good work! smile.png

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm surprised it took you so long to make a topic maaannng.

Seriously. You know I love your art. That Metal you did will blow them away.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wow. ohmy.png

I didn't even know you drew and stuff, but this is some awesome stuff! L:

thanks! i've been an artist for some time... i just don't share my work as often as i should really.

That dragon from Monster Hunter is pretty rad!

thanks! yeah i just doodled him one night when i rage quit the game since i wasn't strong enough to beat him LOL, the Rathalos and Rathian are a close second favorite in my book!

Holy shit! Besides the weirdly drawn (for me anyway ^^) Sonic, those are some pretty damn amazing works. Keep it up smile.png

weirdly drawn Sonic? lol i do have a strange art style that is forever changing, thanks!

If I remember correctly from one of your status updates, you were hesitating whether or not to share your artwork with us. Now why you were hesitating to do so is beyond me...your work is great!

I really like your Sonic drawing, that one is my favorite. Stop hiding (based on your current status update in regards to making an art topic and running off hiding) and share some more with us, okay? Keep up the good work! smile.png

pfffffttt.. alright, i'm very self loathing it is what drives me forward to produce more work until i come up with something i'll accept, very rarely i do, but my character Death Cannon is one of my prized creations so there is some work i actually like! its just few and far apart lol, i'll be sure to not let this thread die like some phase though smile.png

I'm surprised it took you so long to make a topic maaannng.

Seriously. You know I love your art. That Metal you did will blow them away.

haha yeah, if only i could post a W.I.P of Metal, pretty sure Silva will have my ass for it though tongue.png

536119_3450496455523_1981687430_n.jpg

a doodle for a good friend, Rabid-Noodles!

522289_3474290890369_137920635_n.jpg

My character Death Cannon in 1930's Toon era.

560359_3591242574088_1592040636_n.jpg

this is a sketch i'm working on for a shirt design i'm wearing to SoS if all works out fine, its meant to be a parody of this image http://images2.wikia...-Tails19950.jpg

598568_3616837533946_1458919408_n.jpg

adding some base colours

401816_3623287095181_254597304_n.jpg

starting the line art

598880_3637522451056_1626356105_n.jpg

Flats and lineart done, just needs shading and the monitor adding, then i work on the background!

could do with some line clean up though, did it all freehand since i lack Photoshop's beautiful pen tool :C

her outfit is based on the 20th anniversary emblem colour scheme so i'm working with a very limited colour palette c:

Edited by Peacock
  • Thumbs Up 8

Oh shiz...you is drawing!

And I like. :3

i am drawing! and its getting better! wut!?

You could EASILY make manga with these! So glad I commissioned you.

haha thanks, i'm more of a graphic novelist than a manga artist, i love detail and darker scenarios.

Holy deep fried candy wrappers there, son! Hot dang! Wowee zowee! This stuff is freaking great I did not even know you were such a genius arteest I mean sheesh this art of yours is just so darn swag.

Oh my freaking gosh, Death Cannon just looks so amazingly over the top insane with all of those crazy-intricate details and various doohickies scattered all over her. Those tattered ears! That eerily deformed skeletal robot hand! THAT GIANT ARM CANNON! And don't even get me started on that hilariously out of place little frilly bow on her bangs or that wacky foot of hers that resembles the grill of a steam-powered locomotive. She's just all around great and I'd love to see more of her! And do I sense some inspiration from Peacock there? Because I think I do.

ALSO DAT SoS COSTUME. Sheesh. It looks like someone disassembled a Springboard and sent the rubber faceplate to a high-end fashionista to masterfully sew it into the form a stylish designer jacket. Totally awesome!

You're going to take commishes soon, yes? WELL BRACE YOUR WALLET.

Edited by HunterTSF
  • Thumbs Up 1

Holy deep fried candy wrappers there, son! Hot dang! Wowee zowee! This stuff is freaking great I did not even know you were such a genius arteest I mean sheesh this art of yours is just so darn swag.

Oh my freaking gosh, Death Cannon just looks so amazingly over the top insane with all of those crazy-intricate details and various doohickies scattered all over her. Those tattered ears! That eerily deformed skeletal robot hand! THAT GIANT ARM CANNON! And don't even get me started on that hilariously out of place little frilly bow on her bangs or that wacky foot of hers that resembles the grill of a steam-powered locomotive. She's just all around great and I'd love to see more of her! And do I sense some inspiration from Peacock there? Because I think I do.

ALSO DAT SoS COSTUME. Sheesh. It looks like someone disassembled a Springboard and sent the rubber faceplate to a high-end fashionista to masterfully sew it into the form a stylish designer jacket. Totally awesome!

You're going to take commishes soon, yes? WELL BRACE YOUR WALLET.

i...i'm not sure how to reply to this just yet.. *hides* i'll be back...

since you wanted to see more Death Cannon...

Death_Cannon__Sonic__by_Death_Cannon.png

This is her very first design way back in early 2008 i think

581214_3642049484229_1317496614_n.jpg

some more concepts of her and her Death Cannon, my art style changes constantly so i'm more of a concept artist than a set artist with the same consistent style...

269293_3642050684259_1920158675_n.jpg

more concepts of her arm cannon, its supposed to be like a living weapon that she can morph into various weaponry and blunt trauma devices.

_mockupsketch__by_death_cannon-d463p7r.jpg

Some other sketches that i'm working on, characters for her story etc. a lot of this was scrapped.

What_Good_is_a_Story_____by_Death_Cannon.jpg

have some more Sonic, Darkspine is fucking glorious

166009_3642051644283_2069668290_n.jpg

a very quick sketch trade with a friend over on DA, some of you will recognize her!

nightmare_moon__sketch__by_death_cannon-d47pzmk.jpg

my re-design of nightmare moon from that my little pony show.

• Thumbs Up 3

Your draws are very nice, I see you really adopted that Skullgirls's style in some arts (Patricia's actualy), I liked it a lot. Really love it that Darkspinnes and these sketches, it have a manga style touch.

• 3 weeks later...

582179_3703721345987_1131467569_n.jpg

this was intended to be my shirt design for SoS but i'm not sure if it'll be done in time lol the whole point of the image was to relay my internet persona into an image, Death Cannon is the character and my name across the net, but Peacock and Samus are the main name's i'm known as HERE.

484087_3703727586143_1278749747_n.jpg

this text is directly underneath the image on the shirt so you can't miss my obnoxious self :P

sos12-logo.png

564094_3703676704871_1412997248_n.jpg

the back of the shirt is Death's original Persona sitting atop a sonic item monitor with the Sonic Team logo, some random facts...

the TV image has changed at least 5 times

1. used to black rock shooter - i'm known on the figure collection side of the net as "Freckles the BRS collector"

2. Was Sonico - it didn't look like it fit so i removed it, but was because Super Sonico is my second to BRS collection

3. Dreamcast symbol (American Red) - it looked awesome and i had the text "it's thinking..." underneath it.. it also didn't fit because i'm not an American and seemed out of place

4. Dreamcast Symbol (European blue) - just the blue version for the UK but our slogan sucked ass and it didn't work with the darker "it's thinking.." line

5. sonic team logo - it seemed to fit with it being summer of sonic, i needed something related for it and slapped it on with sonic's birth year to current year to showcase his impact on my life.

that's pretty much it, its not as snazzy looking as i wanted it to be, because i've had no real time to sit and work on it but it'll do!

• Thumbs Up 3

• 1 month later...
so it turns out for my SoS shirt a few month ago i had to use a completely new image for the back since the glow effect i had on the original planned image was going to blur and look naff so i went with this.

306503_3832877974822_678513027_n.jpg

and here's some recent doodles with a new art style of mine, warning images are a little risqué~

306489_3890790462598_684290554_n.jpg

my OC Death cosplaying as Soniko/Sonico

531406_3890791902634_1801124680_n.jpg

Here she's dressed in Samus' Zero Suit, with a Varia suit shoulder guard and arm cannon.

428944_3890793062663_1626874758_n.jpg

Death in Miku's Sonic hoodie.

and here's a W.I.P on a commission i'm working on for a friend.

190123_3934571797104_1205846229_n.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3

• 1 month later...

Wow, I love seeing more art from you, you probably don't remember me (but that's cool) Anyway I can see you've improved a lot since then and wow. Gotta hand it to ya, I love that shirt design.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

Alright, I'll bite. Bored enough. How about some art talk? Gushing isn't my style and you know it. I never registered on DeviantArt for a reason.

Seriousface. That usually means I'm going to be boring :<

Pretty good stuff from what I see. Most of it is broken for me though (Or removed for bewbage, maybe). tongue.png

Let's check out what can be seen...

The posing is thoughtful... and totally what I would expect from you in regards to your selection of figures (Or the ones that sparked the most energetic comments, at least). For me, expression is everything in a cartoon character so I really like the freehand one at the top with the carrots, Honey's and the cheeky smirk on the last one. You also sketch the female anatomy really well, the clothes pinch just where they should (The stockings and such) and even managing to sneak in some extra curricular with Blaze up there. Don't think we didn't see that!

The hands are my favourite parts though... uh, hands... down (That was painful). They're exceptional. Particularly in the last post. You must have taken your time there. I know it seems rather mundane but they are rather pesky things.

The Darkspine sketch stands out also. You took a lot of care penciling that. It's also nice to actually see pencil sketches in the first place. I'm so used to looking at digital these days and I know it's rough but it's rather refreshing to see something traditional come out so well.

I'll bet the contrast is much more striking straight off the paper though (I'm assuming these are straight scans).

This is me impressed by the way.

I'd be interested in seeing more definitely. N-not that I know a thing about art or anything...

Make it through the sunshine words? Excellent. While I was writing I happened to have a pencil nearby so here you are... stickman version of it. Came out all Terminator-y. Apologies for shite and spoilering so as not to intrude. Thought it might be funny.

tl;dr - Cool thread, yo! Keep up teh gewd werk, rite?

deathsmall.png

Edited by Andrew Albacia
  • Thumbs Up 1

Alright, I'll bite. Bored enough. How about some art talk? Gushing isn't my style and you know it. I never registered on DeviantArt for a reason.

Seriousface. That usually means I'm going to be boring :<

Pretty good stuff from what I see. Most of it is broken for me though (Or removed for bewbage, maybe). tongue.png

Hahaha i think the reason why some of the links are broken is because i linked them from Facebook, and they break all the time because Facebook always changes :/

Let's check out what can be seen...

The posing is thoughtful... and totally what I would expect from you in regards to your selection of figures (Or the ones that sparked the most energetic comments, at least).

Actually.. i free-hand everything, the pose comes out that way because i'm trying to become more dynamic in my work so i can start feeding backgrounds around my body language, I'm having trouble with legs and feet though lol ~___~.

For me, expression is everything in a cartoon character so I really like the freehand one at the top with the carrots, Honey's and the cheeky smirk on the last one. You also sketch the female anatomy really well

Yeah another love of mine is facial expressions, being a rather adult artist at times, expression is key to sell a scene and make the viewer feel exactly what that character is feeling, i also hate "same-face" where an artist repeats the same face for the majority of their work, so i try to keep things varied...not that Death is full of expression, moody cow...

the clothes pinch just where they should (The stockings and such)

New area i'm working on, clothing interests me greatly, i mean i can design it easily but it's how it drapes and clings to curves and the body in motion, it's really fun to study!

and even managing to sneak in some extra curricular with Blaze up there. Don't think we didn't see that!

I swear it was a pencil slip when lining it neatly! i swear! xDD; Actually it probably was intentional since i sometimes can't help myself being an adult artist and all tongue.png

The hands are my favourite parts though... uh, hands... down (That was painful).

I LOVE hands, i enjoy drawing them more than the character sometimes, i started out shit but practiced with every fibre of my being to get where i adore the things i hated the most!

They're exceptional.

T-Thank you...

Particularly in the last post. You must have taken your time there. I know it seems rather mundane but they are rather pesky things.

That piece was so hard, my biggest weakness outside of legs and feet is character interaction, so this was rather a big step for me, the hands came out exactly how i wanted them to (besides Shan's left hand....) But they came out very caring and loving, which fits the piece perfectly since people ship Death & Shannohn (they're bipolar opposites, Death is a moody quirt bitch who loves to kill, Shannohn is very energetic and loves to pick on Death for being different) they also happen to be team mates... so yeah, it's a given really tongue.png

The Darkspine sketch stands out also. You took a lot of care penciling that. It's also nice to actually see pencil sketches in the first place. I'm so used to looking at digital these days and I know it's rough but it's rather refreshing to see something traditional come out so well.

My biggest gripe with the art world is the sudden change to "everything digital" because traditionalists do not get noticed for their talents with raw materials when you see all these photoshop mary-sues going around, filtering everything and adding sparkles, so yeah traditional medium will always be my thing, That Darkspine is pretty old now, it's like 2008 old but i don't usually do pencil shading so it was one of my more proud pieces, also blame Verte for me doing Darkspine, it was her love for Secret Rings that made me draw him, kinda like a secret gift in a sense. tongue.png

I'll bet the contrast is much more striking straight off the paper though (I'm assuming these are straight scans).

It is. And yes they are straight scans, i had a pretty beastly scanner back then, it died last year though sad.png seriously, buried it in the garden and everything with a tombstone :'c

This is me impressed by the way.

I aim to please tongue.png

I'd be interested in seeing more definitely. N-not that I know a thing about art or anything...

Make it through the sunshine words? Excellent. While I was writing I happened to have a pencil nearby so here you are... stickman version of it. Came out all Terminator-y. Apologies for shite and spoilering so as not to intrude. Thought it might be funny.

Was very thoughtful, thank you! i love her expression! haha BRS's Rock Cannon XD Death has her own version... i just need to...design it properly lul.

] tl;dr - Cool thread, yo! Keep up teh gewd werk, rite?

I will! thanks!

deathsmall.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Was very thoughtful, thank you! i love her expression! haha BRS's Rock Cannon XD Death has her own version... i just need to...design it properly lul.

Was an amalgamation of the ones I could see mostly. You can probably tell where I've combined them. I couldn't not do those skull clasps either.

...and yeah, I still have some remnants of my eye from Art college but they never wanted me doing cartoons which is all I ever really cared for. So I went to Uni on my writing. Been drawing my own characters since '92 so I'm a paper and pencil kinda guy. I still can't actually draw with my wacom. Feels alien as all fuck.

• 1 month later...

So to start 2013 off, I decided to stick to my guns and open an Art Tumblr where i'll upload all my doodles, sketches and W.I.P's to it, I'll warn you all now that i often draw NSFW material, so browse and follow at your own risk kay?

http://scantylicious.tumblr.com/

• Thumbs Up 3

• 5 months later...

Haven't been drawing much of anything lately, I think I'm going to start dropping art as a serious goal career in life, it just doesn't give me satisfaction any more, so I guess it's going to be reserved for a mild hobby instead...

tumblr_mnxgomWaPT1s2r6ijo1_500.png

That new chick announced in the new Sanic game no one know's the name of yet.

I gave up on this after the base colours, browsing for ref, I got discouraged due to all the other artist's drawing her way better, so I guess I'm kind of ashamed/embarrassed with my attempt.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 months later...

tumblr_mrs4e0TIhX1s2r6ijo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_mrs4e0TIhX1s2r6ijo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_mrzgssCY6z1s2r6ijo1_500.jpg

Been a while since I posted in this lol, have some fan characters, the last one is my partners.

Edited by okinoS repuS
  • Thumbs Up 1