Awoo.

Big the Cat is officially retired

jeremycarrier

Characters that "died" have a Sonic Channel bio, and are thus not "gone." They might not appear in games as often anymore (Big's case) but they are not canon-wiped or anything.

Characters that don't have a Sonic Channel bio? The end. Game over, man! It's off to City Escape cameos you go!

Edited by Indigo Rush

I like playing as Big in Heroes, but going fishing in SA1 was just too annoying.

Big isn't gone. With enough fan demand he may return as a playable character just yet.

Any chance of a spin-off for Big?

And isn't Erazor Djinn supposed to be immortal?

I'm pretty sure his lamp (with him in it) got thrown into molten lava.

In my opinion, they could have done a lot with Big's backstory. If anyone who has played Dark Chronicles, THERE WAS A CAT TRIBE.

I always found something charming about Big. He just wanted to live a peaceful life with his best friend, but he was always getting dragged into Eggman's plans.

I also loved when you entered the elevator in Station Square, and his tail would get caught in the doors causing him to say "Ow...". I find that amusing every time it happens.

• Thumbs Up 1

I always found something charming about Big. He just wanted to live a peaceful life with his best friend, but he was always getting dragged into Eggman's plans.

I also loved when you entered the elevator in Station Square, and his tail would get caught in the doors causing him to say "Ow...". I find that amusing every time it happens.

I always laughed how he never really gave two craps about anything, even in bad situations. just as long as he had his frog.

I wonder if other characters are retired/semi-retired. Rouge, Omega, Blaze and Silver seem to be relegated to cameos and NPC rivals (as seen in Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games, Sonic Colors DS and Generations). At most, a few make the playable roster in spin-offs with sizable rosters. Though none of them have been playable for quite a while. Rouge was last playable in Free Riders. Omega was last playable in Chronicles. Blaze was last playable in 2012 Olympic Games. Silver was also last playable in 2012 Olympic Games. All of these were spin-offs or mini-game collections. None of them made it into the Transformed roster. In terms of main series titles, all appeared in Sonic '06 as playable and since then they only appeared in Genrations due to it being a retrospective title.

Not that I'm complaining, I'm glad SEGA is trimming the fat when it comes to playable characters.

Uh, I hate to point this out, but hasn't every character bar Sonic (and Tails, if you want to throw Sonic 4 in there) not been playable in a main game since '06? The only leg-up someone like Knuckles has over any of them is being in the Transformed roster, but then that's likely from seniority and popularity moreso than importance alone. Heck, I don't think he was even playable in Superstars Tennis, so he doesn't seem to be important with certainty either.

I get the feeling that, based on recent products and the Transformed roster, SEGA will be sticking to Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Shadow, Metal and Eggman as the core cast. Future main series titles will, at most, feature these seven characters and of them only Sonic, Tails, Knuckles and Shadow could be playable. If fans are lucky, they'll get the Chaotix, Rouge, Silver and Blaze but probably only in spin-ff titles that call for a large Sonic character roster.

If we see a Sonic 4 Episode 3, Knuckles is sure to be playable.

The fans demanded Tails to be playable in Episode 2 and that's exactly what we got. Tails being unlockable on the Sonic CD enhanced re-release was a big hint. If SEGA decides to release an enhanced version of Sonic 3 and/or S&K, then that in my eyes would guarantee an Episode 3 with playable Knuckles. But the level design would have to change to incorporate Knuckles. If SEGA were to keep the co-op idea, could Knuckles pair up with Sonic or Tails?

Edited by MilesKnightwing

Fans demanded playable Tails in S4:E2 and...eh, got him in a very twisted manner that quite a lot of fans weren't happy with. I can't use him, at the very least. :V

At this point, I kind of doubt that S4:E3 will happen, which will only serve to hurt his importance further...but let's cross that bridge when we get to it, it's a bit too early to say right now. He won't be retired like Big, though.

I think Wave and Storm are next. They have done NOTHING except the Mario and Sonic games and the odd mention.

I think Wave and Storm are next. They have done NOTHING except the Mario and Sonic games and the odd mention.

What! No, I like Wave though. Could care less about storm, but Wave IS the perfect Rival for Tails, Intellect wise. She's not just some generically bland recolor of a rival you wish would just go away, she has a rather intriguing personality (good at heart, just displays the typical "Bitch" look to impress her friends)

Seriously, if they get rid of Wave, It's about to become Occupy SEGA street for me. Fang and possibly Marine's already gone, If we loose Wave and Espio I'll give up on Sega. mellow.png

I get the feeling that, based on recent products and the Transformed roster, SEGA will be sticking to Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Shadow, Metal and Eggman as the core cast. Future main series titles will, at most, feature these seven characters and of them only Sonic, Tails, Knuckles and Shadow could be playable. If fans are lucky, they'll get the Chaotix, Rouge, Silver and Blaze but probably only in spin-ff titles that call for a large Sonic character roster.

I don't get your argument. Transformed is just as much of a spin-off as the M&S games, so why is the playable cast in it more important?

Mr.Big D:

I heard they will replace Big with this guy here Jet's long lost brother from the planet soleana a planet who was created by the great Mother wisp who was married with Iblis and their son who created planet freedom the great Light Gaia and his bro Dark Gaia and their cousin Captain planet...

BTW here's Big's replacement:

SonicFanChar__Suck_the_Cock_by_thweatted.png

He looks so epic :D

Don't self plug your work in a discussion thread.

Edited by Carbo

THE SONIC STADIUM: WE'LL COMPLAIN ABOUT SEGA IGNORING THE SECONDARY CAST, BUT CALL BIG USELESS WHEN HE'S "CONFIRMED" TO BE RETIRED

Fuck off, the lot of you who said this. Do you not see the irony here, people?

"OH HEY THANKS BASED SONIC TEAM GREAT DAY TO BE A SONIC FAN THERE GOES BIG HAHA EVERYTHING IS-- hold on. Hold on. Where are you taking my Chaotix NOOO NOT MY CHAOTIX BAAAW"

I'll be laughing, then.

Please, you just sound bitter.

Big just doesn't have a incredibly huge range for possibly appearances as far as gameplay is concerned, unlike the Chaotix or most other characters, not to mention his huge unpopularity outside the fan base.

Sorry, but that's just how it is.