Awoo.

Sonic Underground coming to Disney XD!

Arcade Racer CC14

Is this show as bad as everyone makes it out to be?

• Thumbs Up 1

Here's a fun fact. Did anybody know that the guy who does sonic's singing voice is the same guy does does the voice of Double D (a.k.a Edd) from Ed, Edd n Eddy?

I cant help but wonder, how will those kids of today that are already familiar with Sonic react to "Eggman" being called "Robotnik" in the show...

Well Sonic Underground still airs on a FreeSat channel called "Kix!" and used to air on a Sky channel called "Pop" alongside Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog and SatAm for years. Plus considering the fact that the old games (including Mean Bean machine at times) get ported like there's no tomorrow, I don't think that's too much of an issue.

I'll repost what I posted elsewhere.

I always thought this was funny and it also didn't make sense.

U65zm.jpg

And before they knew it, the Sonic universe uncovered the crepping horrors of Rule 34.

Edited by Soma

Here's a fun fact. Did anybody know that the guy who does sonic's singing voice is the same guy does does the voice of Double D (a.k.a Edd) from Ed, Edd n Eddy?

Haah, seriously? XD, Underground is weird either way....

I've seen quite a few people actually look forward to this out of genuine nostalgia for the show. I guess the fandom which likes it is surprisingly quiet.

I cant help but wonder, how will those kids of today that are already familiar with Sonic react to "Eggman" being called "Robotnik" in the show...

Kids wouldn't even know.

Dr. Robotnik

Robotnik_57.png

Dr. Eggman

250px-Eggman_pose_29.jpg

There is such a huge different between their designs, kids would think they were different characters.

Edited by Winston
  • Thumbs Up 1

Saw it on this morning and my facial expression was like wtf? I thought it was the old show from the 90's i watched. Nice to see a reboot of it. Only if they can do the same with Sonic Am.

• 2 weeks later...

I actually saw the show for the first time yesterday at 10. Whoo boy did I fall in love with it. The animation is terrible, and the script is riddled with more cheese than France.

I quite liked that show back in the time (I gonna kick 11 years ago). Too bad the brazilian Disney XD didn't aired it.

is this in America, and if so, what time?

Yes; it's on at 10:00 AM.

Kids wouldn't even know.

Dr. Robotnik

Robotnik_57.png

Dr. Eggman

250px-Eggman_pose_29.jpg

There is such a huge different between their designs, kids would think they were different characters.

Robotnik wasn't the only video game villain to get a different design from DIC. Just look what they did to Bowser.

King Koopa

King-Koopa.jpg

King Bowser

260px-BowsersInsideStory.png

Kind of funny that the main villains of both Mario and Sonic got redesigns by the same cartoon company.

Edited by Vampfox

Well with Eggman they kinda fucked up, but back then Bowser didn't really have a set design at that time IIRC.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well with Eggman they kinda fucked up, but back then Bowser didn't really have a set design at that time IIRC.

Well, not with Super Mario Bros Super Show. They did by the time of Adventures of Super Mario Bros 3 and Super Mario World, but I suppose keeping him like his SMBSS form was for consistency between the shows.

I'm sort of glad for that, King Koopa was an enjoyable character in his own right without needing backing from his game self, especially since he's so different to him.

Robotnik wasn't the only video game villain to get a different design from DIC. Just look what they did to Bowser.

King Koopa

King-Koopa.jpg

King Bowser

260px-BowsersInsideStory.png

Kind of funny that the main villains of both Mario and Sonic got redesigns by the same cartoon company.

Oh boy, now im being reminded of a serious pet-peeve of mine. Why couldn't Nintendo just allow "Bowser" to be called "Koopa" here in the west just like he was/is in Japan? Nearly everybody in the west already called him Koopa since that was the name that was used in cartoons and on most merchandise. So in summary, Koopa was the original name and the most well known name, while Bowser was just some attempt to rename him in the west that didn't even start to gain ground over Koppa untill over a decade after the franchise began.

I don't know where all this sudden love for Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog is coming from. That show was god awful tripe.

I actually saw the show for the first time yesterday at 10. Whoo boy did I fall in love with it. The animation is terrible, and the script is riddled with more cheese than France.

Oh boy, now im being reminded of a serious pet-peeve of mine. Why couldn't Nintendo just allow "Bowser" to be called "Koopa" here in the west just like he was/is in Japan? Nearly everybody in the west already called him Koopa since that was the name that was used in cartoons and on most merchandise. So in summary, Koopa was the original name and the most well known name, while Bowser was just some attempt to rename him in the west that didn't even start to gain ground over Koppa untill over a decade after the franchise began.

Obviously not being human means that he somehow can't follow conventions;

Eggman - Called Robotnik in all Western Media, called Eggman in all Japanese Media, revert to Japanese name for everywhere, giving little nods to the Western name then and there.

Peach - Called Toadstool in all Western Media, called Peach in all Japanese Media, revert to Japanese name for everywhere, giving little nods to the Western name then and there.

Bowser - Called Bowser and Koopa in the Western game manuals, called Koopa in all Japanese media and the American cartoons, stick with the western game name in America with constant nods to the Japanese name and keep the Japanese name as always in Japan.

I guess dropping his name would be...more...controversial? Nah, probably because they wanted him to have a distinct name here. While he is called Koopa in Japan, his full title is "The Great Demon King Koopa", not just King Koopa.

Kids wouldn't even know.

Dr. Robotnik

Robotnik_57.png

Dr. Eggman

250px-Eggman_pose_29.jpg

I don't think so. They have different designs, but you can tell they're the same character. I could tell they were the same character when I was 5 years old. So...

Oh boy, now im being reminded of a serious pet-peeve of mine. Why couldn't Nintendo just allow "Bowser" to be called "Koopa" here in the west just like he was/is in Japan?

Because NoA did what they wanted, pretty much.

At the time, outside of Japan, neither did Robotnik/Eggman/whatever; and the SatAM Robotnik was fairly close to the one used in the American game promotional items.

Edited by Gilda