Awoo.

Sonic Underground coming to Disney XD!

Arcade Racer CC14

Um......So we get to see fat sonic on tv again? Kool. But wait, not with Tails? FUCK! I want Scratch and Grounder, not Underground.

• Thumbs Up 1

Imagine if they chose Sonic OVA over this.

Well Sonic OVA isnt really a series, so I imagine it would bea one time thing.

They wouldn't choose the OVA. Even if it was meant to be a series, it was never made into one and it would basically be one episode over and over. Why would they choose that when they can have an entire series?

That being said, they didn't choose AoSTH and therefore they have a horrible taste in cartoons.

• Thumbs Up 2

This is such a spectacularly bad idea, why bring back the worst of the Sonic toon's at all?

• Thumbs Up 4

They wouldn't choose the OVA. Even if it was meant to be a series, it was never made into one and it would basically be one episode over and over. Why would they choose that when they can have an entire series?

That being said, they didn't choose AoSTH and therefore they have a horrible taste in cartoons.

It would only be a one time thing. Never watched a full episode of AoStH, so I can't say my 2 cents.

Of all the Sonic shows to air, why Sonic Underground? I mean, at least Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog and Sonic the Hedgehog (SatAM) were somewhat good shows; who actually genuinely likes this show?

*Raises hand* right here! I remember all the fuss when Underground premiered.. I was in Australia at the time and was up at 6:30 Mon - Fri recording it.. I think we were first to get the Knuckles episodes, so a lot of people online were asking me about it and if there were any way I could upload it (from VHS?)

Glad this generation has a chance to see it

• Thumbs Up 1

oh_god_why_guy_rage_face_meme_poster-rc383aa28a2e04ebb908b464c77ece243_a21y_400.jpg?bg=0xffffff

Oh Disney Why?

It doesn't surprise me that Underground was the only Sonic cartoon that didn't make it here. They did something similar here with a channel of pure 80/90's cartoon, but using SatAM instead

• Thumbs Up 3

Underground is alright. It's my least favourite of the DiC Sonic cartoons, but I find it a bit entertaining. I even wish it had gotten a true conclusion rather than suddenly ending on what was a normal episode rather than a true finale.

I too wonder why they picked the worst Sonic cartoon to put on Disney XD. When it comes to all things Sonic, Sonic Underground is the only thing that I hate honestly. I may have watched 2 episodes out of pure curiosity and I ended up regretting it. The show is bad for reasons aplenty, Tails not being present is like the last straw. I mean, how can you have a Sonic cartoon, let alone a Sonic anything without Tails?!

That being said, I'm honestly not surprised Sonic Underground was picked to be a part of Disney XD, now that I think about it. I looked at the channel's line-up of shows and recognized only 4 of them, and they aren't even good. I can only imagine what the other shows I don't know about are like. So yeah bad show + bad channel = bad altogether...makes sense to me.

• Thumbs Up 2

Didnt Disney remember that this show was canceled? huh.png

I mean really?Sonic saves the world with his magical guitar.

What if some kid ends up getting introduced to the series through this PIECE OF CRAP!

I mean I get it Disney realize that Sonics growing back in popularity

and they wanna see if they can get some money out of it

but why this show?

Theres a big selection of shows for sonic BUT NOT THIS ONE

JUST NO!!

They could have tried all the other shows.

Sonic X probably would have been the best choice Because it gos well with the game series so kids wont get confused that much unlike shows SatAM and Underground.

This is really dumb. Why not Adventures of Sonic? That's the best Sonic cartoon to date... oh well.

Out of all 4 and a half Sonic TV Shows they could have possibly aired, they chose the absolute shittiest one. Is it to spite me DisneyXD? Is it just out of hatred of me? I liked TRON: Uprising! Why would you do this to me?

I mean, if there's any way to shed an even more negative light onto Sonic, this is it. I couldn't have thought of a worse way. Surely SEGA haven't approved this. They have to know that this creates negative PR.

GG, ya fuckin' lunatics.

Edited by Lobotomy

Of all the Sonic shows to air, why Sonic Underground? I mean, at least Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog and Sonic the Hedgehog (SatAM) were somewhat good shows; who actually genuinely likes this show?

I do. It kinda spawned my favorite series character.ph34r.png

Also I second Sonic X being a complete disaster.

Edited by Aquaslash
  • Thumbs Up 1

I do...........

I mean it's not my favorite Sonic cartoon, but it's the one I grew up watching. I only had a couple VHS tapes of SatAM and AoStH so Underground has a special place in my heart for that.

Edited by StarwaveImpulse
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm not gonna argue that Underground was the worst, I personally found it to be less offensive than SatAM.

I think they should have gone with AoStH, being the only Sonic series that's even remotely entertaining.

Maybe Underground had the cheapest syndicate price? They have to pay to be able to show these.

Actually AOSTH did air for several months on TV in the US a little over a year ago. It was on a station called ThisTv. Strangely enough, when you went to look at info on your TV about the show, it always gave SATAM episode names. Sadly though it has been taken off for quite awhile though.

On the subject of DisneyXD, I wish they would air the really good cartoon shows Disney use to make... like Ducktales, Talespin, Darkwing Duck, etc. I know Gargolyes still airs on one of those Disney channels at some ungodly hour (and I think that Mighty Ducks show does air occasionally, too) ... but bring back more of THOSE classics.

Hell bring back Toon Disney. It aired AOSTH and still showed the GOOD Disney cartoons at least. I think. Kinda sorta.

Aosth, bleh wish I never saw it.

They should've got Sonic X or SatAM infact why haven't they remastered that series yet? It's great.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic Underground isn't irredeemably terrible, as a bunch of you seems to think. It's just extremely "meh" in every way. It's a bit better if you look at it as an original show, rather than having anything to do with Sonic.

I am amused, though, by the amount of people saying stuff along the lines of "Wasn't this crap cancelled?" considering that SatAM was cancelled too, and Underground went on for a fair bit longer than SatAM did before meeting its doom.

(If for no other reason, Sonic Underground is a good show to watch just so you can understand this great fic. It's pretty much the only reason I personally don't regret watching the show. =P)

I am amused, though, by the amount of people saying stuff along the lines of "Wasn't this crap cancelled?" considering that SatAM was cancelled too, and Underground went on for a fair bit longer than SatAM did before meeting its doom.

Thats not exactly fair to say, since Undergound only has its high episode count because it was already setup to have them right out of the gate. Not because of its popularity.

Edited by Kamina

Personally, I think the games themselves have created far worse follies than anything Underground could ever dredge up. Underground's biggest offense is the music videos in every episode, but yet, every single one of those song is leagues better than the drivel that is "Believe in Myself (SA2)", "Reach For the Stars" and worst of all, "We Can". The latter is offensive on so many levels it's not even funny.

However, with all Underground may have done, it at least had the common decency to not involve Sonic in a love affair with a human, or turn him into a werewolf, or *insert every awful thing about the storybook series here*.

Edited by Aquaslash