Awoo.

Sonic Underground coming to Disney XD!

Arcade Racer CC14

However, with all Underground may have done, it at least had the common decency to not involve Sonic in a love affair with a human, or turn him into a werewolf, or *insert every awful thing about the storybook series here*.

Sonic was actually meant to have a human female love interest from the start like picture related.

14ij5w3.jpg

And the werehog isn't even as bad as people make it out to be. It's supposed to be a silly reference to B-Class horror movies.

Please elaborate on how the story book games are bad. I think they fall into the same class as the werehog, they're just silly and fun to think about. Sounds like you're just parroting what everyone else says.

On the topic of Underground I thought it was okay. I liked Robotniks two henchmen especially Dingo I think his name was? The smart one. He was my favorite character in the show I doubt Underground will air on Disney here. Since it's already airing on another channel

Personally, I think the games themselves have created far worse follies than anything Underground could ever dredge up. Underground's biggest offense is the music videos in every episode, but yet, every single one of those song is leagues better than the drivel that is "Believe in Myself (SA2)", "Reach For the Stars" and worst of all, "We Can". The latter is offensive on so many levels it's not even funny.

The latter songs are songs in games made for children. So the lyrics are going to be light hearted. They may not be that great. But offensive? No way.

Edited by Alice Twilight
  • Thumbs Up 2

Woah wait... Disney XD is an actual channel? At first I thought you guys were just being tools and putting XD smiley faces everywhere.

Sonic was actually meant to have a human female love interest from the start like picture related.

14ij5w3.jpg

Well I didn't really find that too offensive because it didn't seem to be played serious at all. It was like Roger Rabbit and Jessica Rabbit.

roger-rabbit-and-jessica-rabbit.jpg

It's completely absurd. Sonic 06's mistake was having this absurd relationship and not realizing what's wrong with it. When it's comical, it really doesn't bother me.

But no. I don't think even that was as bad as Sonic Underground. The Werehog was a silly concept but it was appropriate for something as cartoony as Sonic, and it really only fell flat because of gameplay execution.

Sonic Underground is just pure, unmitigated poopy from beginning to end. I mean, Jaleel White plays all 3 main characters. One of which is a girl, and the only thing he does for her voice to make it different is up the pitch. And the songs are awful. And there's one in every episode. What the actual fuck.

Sonic Underground is just pure, unmitigated poopy from beginning to end. I mean, Jaleel White plays all 3 main characters. One of which is a girl, and the only thing he does for her voice to make it different is up the pitch. And the songs are awful. And there's one in every episode. What the actual fuck.

-Song plays

-Parents walk in

-CHANGE CHANNEL

It wasn't a guilty pleasure I hated them. And I didn't want my parents to see..well that!

I've not seen every episode of Underground so I'm sure it's not all bad. There it gets the benefit of doubt.

how can you have a Sonic cartoon, let alone a Sonic anything without Tails?!

Uh, because the series is called Sonic? Not Sonic and Tails?

I have nothing against this, I'm sure a lot of kids in this generation have already seen it on POP, Kix or whatever. So they'll probably be getting a limited amount of new viewers while stealing away the regular Sonic Underground viewers of those other channels. I have both the boxsets of SatAM and AoSTH so I don't really care.

But FUCK all of that, and put on Archie's weird mysteries, one of Dic's best IMO :D

• Thumbs Up 1

Only watched 1 episode. Never watched Underground again. I avoid anything to do with it at all costs.

I even struggled watching through that episode as well. Their godawful singing with cheesy lyrics has put me off entirely from that show. I wouldn't even call this show mediocre, it's below mediocre, it's a piece of shit.

Give me The Book of Pooh or Wizards of Waverly Place. I would rather watch those then this.

But FUCK all of that, and put on Archie's weird mysteries, one of Dic's best IMO biggrin.png

If we're gonna put on DiC shows willy nilly, we need STREET SHARKS up in this piece. That show doesn't get nearly enough love from them.

• Thumbs Up 1

That doesn't mean that Tails can't show up at all since it's a known fact that he's Sonic's bestfriend and sidekick and he appears in every cartoon and other media with Sonic.

When I saw Knuckles appear in the show, I'd had high hopes that Tails is going to show up later and I've watched the whole entire series hoping that there's an episode where Sonic and Tails will meet each other but they never did. I'm guessing that Tails don't exist in SU.

It's a huge disappointment for me back then cause that's what I was really looking forward to when I hear about a new Sonic cartoon. That's the reason why AoStH will always be one of my favorite Sonic shows.

Edited by sonfan1984
  • Thumbs Up 1

Guys.

You're acting like the fact that a crappy 90's show that no one cared about is coming to Disney Freaking XD is still worth discussing. :U

In all seriousness, though, I may watch a couple of episodes for nostalgia's sake...

I'm not exactly sure what your point is but I'll take a guess. If I am following your reasoning correctly then Sonia and Manic shouldn't of been in the show, as well as the other characters across the Sonic series because their names aren't within the series' title.

That doesn't mean that Tails can't show up at all since it's a known fact that he's Sonic's bestfriend and sidekick and he appears in every cartoon and other media with Sonic.

Exactly. This was going to be my point to reply to what Scott said. With the exception of Sonic 1 and Sonic 4 Episode 1 (if I am forgetting any other game excuse me as I'm thinking off the top of my head) Tails has pretty much been present in every Sonic game, along with being present in the 3 other Sonic cartoons and the OVA too. Point being with Tails as Sonic's best friend one would expect him to be present whenever Sonic is, as they usually are together, whether it be in the games or any other form of media. Sonic Underground being the exception to that with Tails not being present was surprising, unexpected and extremely disappointing. sad.png

Hmm, what's worse, Sonic '06 with all its problems, mainly due to lack of time to properly develop, or a fully adapted show that's adapted to be shit?

Give me Elise's kiss over any episode from this turd.

Eh....I would of preffered if they picked SATam, Sonic X or AOSTH as I found those shows more enjoyable, POP used to show all three shows sometime ago (AOSTH, SATam and Underground) then a few years ago they stopped, that channel used to be so good:(, shame they picked Underground oh well...I don't have Disney XD anyway so I guess that's a good thing.

• Thumbs Up 1

Holy coincidence, Batman!

This airs on my birthday!

Aw, come on! It wasn't that bad! It's just been dumbed down a bit so younger kids can follow it better. I mean, really, how is a 6 year old gonna watch SatAM without getting confused and only wanting to watch it because Sonic's in it?

• Thumbs Up 1

Manic & Sonia are far worse than Chris - plus they are every complaint leveled at Shadow for being a recolor x 2; the making of the Sonic trio into royal family is hair ripping stupidity; and the music gimmick is unforgivable. If Disney could only choose between DiC Sonic cartoons, they chose the worst.

Edited by Darth InVaders

Manic & Sonia are far worse than Chris - plus they are every complaint leveled at Shadow for being a recolor x 2

• Thumbs Up 1

I wish Sega could make a cartoon/anime whatever based on the archie comics.

That's animation material right. That or they can just put Sonic X back on TV...It doesn't air anymore here in Australia.

• Thumbs Up 2

I wish Sega could make a cartoon/anime whatever based on the archie comics.

That's animation material right. That or they can just put Sonic X back on TV...It doesn't air anymore here in Australia.

But isn't the Archie Comics based off of SatAM?

Based off of the show in question, yes. However, at this point, it's pretty much its own thing, with but a scant few references to said show

They were both built off of the same initial concepts and ideas, but even real early on Archie did things differently than SatAM did; nevermind how things are today.

Early Archie was more like AOSTH then Satam. Later on it became more like Satam probably because the writers realized that in order for the book to last it needed to have more of a story.

Sonic Underground isn't THAT bad. The whole thing feels like a spiritual successor to SatAM and the royalty things makes more sense if you look at it like that. SatAM had this whole disposed royalty fighting for their kingdom back and trying to restore the monarch thing. what Underground did was basically attach that backstory to the main character rather than a supporting character.

The lack of Tails isn't so groundbreaking. At the time there were games starring only Sonic and Knuckles with barely any Tails such as Sonic and Knuckles or Sonic Blast. Plus with Knuckles' own comic series going on at the time and his own game I can see how Knuckles could be more prominent than Tails.

Also the whole music thing has a lot of history in the Sonic series, its not completely out of the blue.

What advantages Underground has it that compared to the other Sonic shows at the time Sonic would directly attack the robots. Plus it had them visiting a lot of cool middle eastern environments, which is more rare in kids shows than the usual forest environments.

• Thumbs Up 1

Much as this is good news a classic Sonic show is returning to the channel that once was Toon Disney, I'd rather want AOSTH (though that could work on The Hub).