Awoo.

Unpopular Sonic opinions!

Alice Twilight

Unpopular opinions, eh?

Shadow should've died at the end of SA2.

Bringing him back made him lose some of his charm, in my opinion.

• Thumbs Up 3

Unpopular opinions, eh?

Shadow should've died at the end of SA2.

Bringing him back made him lose some of his charm, in my opinion.

Nah, it needs to be Sonic X Shadow, that's the new rad thing as seen in Street Fighter X Tekken or Project X Zone.

First off, fuck all of you that keep saying Adventure 2 is shit, seriously.

Unpopular opinions:

-I want SA3.

-Sonic Advance 2 is the best 2d sonic game.

-I prefer the american design of classic sonic over the japanese boxart.

-Can't stand the Unleashed Human designs

-Not a fan of sonic's Unleashed model.

-Love the way sonic looks on the Sonic 06 boxart front cover.

-Loved the story in ShtH.

-Don't mind Elise at all.

-Sonic's sprite in Sonic 3 is stupid.

-Ep 1 & 2 look really cheaply made.

-concept of werehog was good.

• Thumbs Up 1

That title is possibly the worst possible thing to use.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's Sonic Team's weird philosophy that "If it doesn't involve the Master Emerald, Knuckles should have no part in the game" that I don't like.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

A bigger progression and evolution of SA2. Free roaming, deeper gameplay, new hip genre music, deeper story, awesome multiplayer, cooler character designs, soap shoes

• Thumbs Up 1

It was only starting with Unleashed when they began applying that somewhat because before then they've been throwing him in when they could.

And honestly, I happen to like it if only because it puts Knuckles on the same leash that others want Shadow to be on just to limit his appearance. After all, where's the fairness in restricting one character but letting someone else go free when they have problems keeping them from appearing?

I think the SOAP shoes are overrated. They were just one of many sponsorships present in the game, only being given the excuse of being required for Sonic to grind (which would obviously be invalidated once the sponsorship ended). I think they made Sonic's running look awkward and puppet like as opposed to the more natural running motion he had in Adventure 1 with his normal shoes on.

• Thumbs Up 6

I think the SOAP shoes are overrated. They were just one of many sponsorships present in the game, only being given the excuse of being required for Sonic to grind (which would obviously be invalidated once the sponsorship ended). I think they made Sonic's running look awkward and puppet like as opposed to the more natural running motion he had in Adventure 1 with his normal shoes on.

Possibly because Knuckles hasn't had a major role in over 10 years, meanwhile Shadow's had more plot focus, and his own game in that same amount of time. Its not surprising people want Shadow on the back burner, and for Knuckles to come back.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

I want to see Mario & Sonic together... In fact, I have this crazy plot in my head:

Eggman invades Mushroom Kingdom, tells Bowser to go to Sonic's World and take over since no one knows how to deal with him; because of a mistake in the world teleporting machine, Sonic and Mario also get switched up.

You have 2 storylines, not unlike Sonic Adventure:

1 - Sonic's Story: He learns he needs to control his speed a little and learns to use Mario's power ups in Mario's world, fighting robotic versions of Bowser's enemies (RoboGoombas and the such). As he moves through each world, one of Mario's friends is saved and helps Sonic on his journey (collecting Chaos Stars?). Minigames include racing against Yoshi, platform jumping against Luigi, etc.

2 - Mario's Story: He has trouble communicating at first, and realizes he needs speed to succeed in Sonic's world; he gets gradual upgrades that allow him to be fast enough (Chaos Emeralds?), with Sonic's friends progressing the story through the zones and giving him said upgrades (no Flowers, no Mushrooms, no Stars). Minigames include racing against Tails, treasure hunting against Knuckles.

3 - Last Story: Bowser & Eggman team up, with Eggman creating a giant mech for Bowser to control with Eggman as support. Mario & Sonic become... Super Sonic & Super Mario! They fight, they win, they go their ways.

Of course, this is as rough as you can get. And I expect, VERY UNPOPULAR.

I want to see Mario & Sonic together... In fact, I have this crazy plot in my head:

Eggman invades Mushroom Kingdom, tells Bowser to go to Sonic's World and take over since no one knows how to deal with him; because of a mistake in the world teleporting machine, Sonic and Mario also get switched up.

1 - Sonic's Story: He learns he needs to control his speed a little and learns to use Mario's power ups in Mario's world, fighting robotic versions of Bowser's enemies (RoboGoombas and the such). As he moves through each world, one of Mario's friends is saved and helps Sonic on his journey (collecting Chaos Stars?). Minigames include racing against Yoshi, platform jumping against Luigi, etc.

2 - Mario's Story: He has trouble communicating at first, and realizes he needs speed to succeed in Sonic's world; he gets gradual upgrades that allow him to be fast enough (Chaos Emeralds?), with Sonic's friends progressing the story through the zones and giving him said upgrades (no Flowers, no Mushrooms, no Stars). Minigames include racing against Tails, treasure hunting against Knuckles.

3 - Last Story: Bowser & Eggman team up, with Eggman creating a giant mech for Bowser to control with Eggman as support. Mario & Sonic become... Super Sonic & Super Mario! They fight, they win, they go their ways.

This is one of the reasons I don't think a team-up is gonna work, this doesn't sound good (to me) but it sounds like what might happen if they tried.

Yeah, I can understand that if that's what people actually said instead of echoing how Shadow's not a Classic character and doesn't deserve any spotlight while Knuckles is a Classic character who can be present as much as he wants. And I've been hearing this very sentiment so much that I doubt what you're saying is even the case.

- Sonic 3 & Knuckles was not the last good Sonic game. Anybody who says that doesn't know what they're talking about.

- Sonic Adventure 2 is better than Sonic Adventure.

- Why does everyone want them to get rid of Shadow and Rouge. Shadow's badass, and as long as he's not running around wielding guns theres no reason for him to leave. I love Rouge and the chemistry she has with Knuckles and Shadow, and I want to see more of that but with as bare bones as the stories have been in the games lately it isn't gonna happen. Rouge is as the theme for Wild Canyon says; "Sexy and Smooth". Deny all you want but Rouge is hot, and I ain't no furry.

- Shadow's game wasn't exactly awesome, but it certainly wasn't terrible.

- SonicTeam needs to step up in the story department for the again and stop pandering to the small minority that say Sonic games don't need a story. I not only play Sonic games for a high speed adrenaline rush, I also play it because I like seeing these awesome characters interact with each other in the stories.

I'm tired of the bare bones stories like Colors and Generations, you could even throw Unleashed in there.

- SonicTeam needs to start getting the supporting cast involved again. I don't even mean playable I just want them featured in the story. The only other characters I wanna play again is Knuckles, Tails, and Shadow.

- Generations is great and all, but I don't get the same adrenaline rush that I do while playing Unleashed.

- Jaleel White is the voice of Classic Sonic, period.

- Most of the 4Kids voices were a thousand times better than the cast before, and got better over time. Aside from a few like Rouge, Cream, Vector, and Big, I never had problem with them. I wish we still had them but mostly for the sake of character consistency.

- Don't agree with those who say Sonic and co should be mute. So basically you want them to have no personality like the Mario characters? Sonic was obviously always meant to have a voice.

- I hated AoStH, just could never get into it. Other than Robotnik I don't see the appeal.

- Sonic satAM was an awesome show for what it was. Even if it was different from the source material.

- Boost to win! What? Boost alone will not get you the goal ring.

- Don't understand whats so funny about Orbot and Cubot (what ever his name is).

- Hate the Pixar styled humans from Unleashed.

- I like the Riders games.

- Love the idea of Sonic wielding a sword for a game, the idea was just executed wrong.

- Don't see why anyone wants ugly characters like Mighty, Bean, Bark, or Ray to come back.

- The only lost old school character I want to return is Fang.

- What is this Sonic's shitty friends nonsense?

I have more but I can't think of them right now.

Edited by Kamina
  • Thumbs Up 2

couple more I like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLgG8NVH1MQ&feature=player_embedded#! More than stardust speedway, I couldn't get into adventure 2 even though it's awesome, I like adventure 1 more, sonic colors I find to be the second best 3d sonic ever made besides generations, love the Archie comics and satam, metal sonic is my favorite sonic character, sonic 4 episode 2 7th special stage I find to be the hardest than any sonic games, werehog wasn't that bad, I like the graphics in sonic 4 episode 1, sonic labyrinth is enjoyable, I love the game gear titles even sonic 2, sonic 1 felt a bit slow for my tastes, I've never beaten labyrinth zone but used level elect to play the others, sonic rush rush adventure and colours ds were awesome and very fun, advance 1 over advance 2, that's the end for now

We need a good Sonic game with dinosaurs

I want a haunted house one starring Ghost Girl as your guide before that.

- Sonic 3 & Knuckles was not the last good Sonic game. Anybody who says that doesn't know what they're talking about.

- Sonic Adventure 2 is better than Sonic Adventure.

- Why does everyone want them to get rid of Shadow and Rouge. Shadow's badass, and as long as he's not running around wielding guns theres no reason for him to leave. I love Rouge and the chemistry she has with Knuckles and Shadow, and I want to see more of that but with as bare bones as the stories have been in the games lately it isn't gonna happen. Rouge is as the theme for Wild Canyon says; "Sexy and Smooth". Deny all you want but Rouge is hot, and I ain't no furry.

- Shadow's game wasn't exactly awesome, but it certainly wasn't terrible.

- SonicTeam needs to step up in the story department for the again and stop pandering to the small minority that say Sonic games don't need a story. I not only play Sonic games for a high speed adrenaline rush, I also play it because I like seeing these awesome characters interact with each other in the stories.

I'm tired of the bare bones stories like Colors and Generations, you could even throw Unleashed in there.

- SonicTeam needs to start getting the supporting cast involved again. I don't even mean playable I just want them featured in the story. The only other characters I wanna play again is Knuckles, Tails, and Shadow.

- Generations is great and all, but I don't get the same adrenaline rush that I do while playing Unleashed.

- Jaleel White is the voice of Classic Sonic, period.

- Most of the 4Kids voices were a thousand times better than the cast before, and got better over time. Aside from a few like Rouge, Cream, Vector, and Big, I never had problem with them. I wish we still had them but mostly for the sake of character consistency.

- Don't agree with those who say Sonic and co should be mute. So basically you want them to have no personality like the Mario characters? Sonic was obviously always meant to have a voice.

- I hated AoStH, just could never get into it. Other than Robotnik I don't see the appeal.

- Sonic satAM was an awesome show for what it was. Even if it was different from the source material.

- Boost to win! What? Boost alone will not get you the goal ring.

- Don't understand whats so funny about Orbot and Cubot (what ever his name is).

- Hate the Pixar styled humans from Unleashed.

- I like the Riders games.

- Love the idea of Sonic wielding a sword for a game, the idea was just executed wrong.

- Don't see why anyone wants ugly characters like Mighty, Bean, Bark, or Ray to come back.

- The only lost old school character I want to return is Fang.

- What is this Sonic's shitty friends nonsense?

I have more but I can't think of them right now.

I like you.

Edit: Got another (and I think I'll just watch the thread after this)

Sonic 4 was a decent game. I enjoyed it.

Sonic moves too slow?

Well yeah he does. I'll admit that, but you can work around it with the Spin dash and air attack.

He easn't exactly quick on his feet in Sonic 1

Mad Gear act 3 and Lost Labyrith act 1 were the best tracks in the game.

Edited by Alice Twilight

Well it is for me at least, I love Shadow and all, but I've had my fill of him for the most part. And I'd get sick of Knuckles if the roles were reversed.

I doubt others would feel the same. But at any rate...

The series has over 20 recurring characters, and I think everyone agrees that trying to stuff them all in one game is a big "no-no". Some characters are going to be pushed back so others can get focus, its the job of the writers to make sure that doesn't happen that often.

Well the moment they plan to make use of the other characters is sketchy at best, and I can highly assume that they won't get a major role anytime soon outside the spin-offs and Storybooks. One can only hope the writers are reading these message boards and get a feel of what we want.