Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

Game companies? Wanting to make MONEY for the work they do?!

It's more likely than you think.

• Thumbs Up 9

Be thankful there's no Burning Depths BOAT ring challenge!

I hate that stage with a passion (luckily the music calms my nerves). that stage is already a pain as it is with all those sharp turns, I REALLY don't need a boost challege their.

I'm sorry, but this game is frustratingly hard. I have to agree with others who have felt the same, it's to the point where it's not even fun.

Yeah doing the A-Class missions and/or races can be pretty tough and brutal for skilled players and I'm still having a hard time on Traffic Attack too but I'm not going to quit and give up. Then you have some people like the guy who've reviewed the game over at Kotaku who complains about the B-Class being hard when it's basically just the normal mode in the game. If he thinks the B-Class is so hard then A-Class is going to make him cry.

Edited by sonfan1984
  • Thumbs Up 1

110% completion?

Oh boy, that takes me back to the Crash Team Racing and Crash 3 times happy.png Kudos to you if that's was some kind of reference, Sumo.

About the characters had been selected thinking about future easy profits, well... it does makes sense, but I can't blame Sega tongue.png But with these great scores, I believe the game will sell a lot, and maybe Sumo and Sega really do the DLC characters we are so much asking for.

Edited by Jango

A Class is completely kicking my ass in all manners.

No matter what I do, even characters with one stat in speed like Amigo can catch up and zoom right past me, with no boost animation, so I know it's not that.

I can't keep up with whoever's in front, seeing as how they get miles ahead of everyone else, and with no hope of catching up.

On the rare occasion I do find myself in the lead, four or five racers suddenly decide they're ten times faster than me and race past me as if I were standing still.

Or I get hit by three items, one after the other, so I'm just sitting there getting pelted.

Or the game glitches and decides instead of letting me jump a ramp and do a trick for a boost, instead I'm slowly going to fall down out of the racing bounds, and wait fifteen seconds before the game decides to regenerate me on the track, leaving me back in seventh or eighth place.

It doesn't feel like I'm in a race, it feels like it's me versus a team of nine AI characters.

Edited by Toby Barrett
  • Thumbs Up 2

A-class and above is a pain but, B class is something you can come to grips with pretty easily. It depends on the character too, though. You can really put the CPU to shame if you get well at racing as characters like Ralph and Dr. Eggman.

Everyone who complains about B-class being too hard is literally a big blubbering vagina.

From the very first mission I played through A-Class until I unlocked S-Class. Honestly I can't decide whether to laugh or vomit in regards to the pussies who complain about B-Class being too hard.

Edited by PsychoJosh

About being overtaken by "slow" characters, S0L has said before that the AI can use mods.

I still think the AI can be a cheating bastard sometimes though, especially in boost races.

I think the thing that really points that out is not them getting ahead like that, it's how getting hit by any sort of item seems to do absolutely nothing to them. I've played as high accel characters, and even they get taken back a bit.

• Thumbs Up 1

Was the Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed roster chosen for the fans, or for the funds?

http://www.nintendo-...-for-the-funds/

tumblr_ltwicbTbgN1qe9u48o1_500.gif

I've been over there and attempted to correct that interesting conclusion they've come too. Although their site does some horrible thing to formatting comments!

Nice they like the game enough to think so hard about why we chose the roster. Even if they're wrong :P

---

S0L

---

Everyone who complains about B-class being too hard is literally a big blubbering vagina.

From the very first mission I played through A-Class until I unlocked S-Class. Honestly I can't decide whether to laugh or vomit in regards to the pussies who complain about B-Class being too hard.

You remind me of any hardcore player in any game ever that can't open their eyes wide enough to see that there's a larger group of people who play video games. Granted I'm sure it's pretty clever to use a sexual organ as an insult, yeah? Let's not make that a habit.

tumblr_ltwicbTbgN1qe9u48o1_500.gif

Oh my god, Shadzter. This GIF just made my day.

Edit: More on topic, where's the Steam release? The first game had one. D:

MOAR EDITS: DECEMBER 11TH? AW MAN.

Edited by Chris
  • Thumbs Up 3

Hey S0L..... I beat your game...

asrtplatinum.png

Due to the clock bug my PS3 has, I actually got that an hour earlier than shown.

Yes, I got platinum about half an hour ago. If anyone is going for platinum... License stats are as follows.

Game completion 100%

World Tour Stars: 232

Characters unlocked: 23

GP wins: 10/10

Staff ghosts beaten: 160/168

Stickers collected: 97/120

Mods earned: 59/138.

Now I am going to say this with regards to difficulty... S0L... I think theres a problem with some of the staff ghosts... that being, they're far too hard. On the tracks from the original ASR especially (big exception goes to the jet set radio one, that is amazingly simple to beat). specifically Death Egg and Roulette road, they're far too hard. I've tried several racers with different mods and I can't come close to them. On roulette road, I'm convinced that at one point the ghost boosts twice (once on the green table, second near the end) even though they're not coming out of a drift.

I think the classic samba, death egg and roulette road need looking at, because they're far too difficult. I only just beat samba and even I'll admit I got very lucky on that one.

• Thumbs Up 1

Game Completion 100%? Stickers 97/120? You have not beat the game tongue.png

Those ghosts are doable, for a start all Ghosts are done with no mods whatsoever. Try Shadow with his console mod, watch them fall..

lol well the one I found that worked amazingly well on just about all the stages was Metal Sonic + His Genesis Mod.

I wasn't sure what the boost stat actually meant, if it was 'boost lasts longer' or 'boost charges quicker.' So since that mod gives metal max speed and boost I don't need to worry too much about handling unless theres some really tricky courses. Most of the track hazards are removed and theres no enemies. That combination works amazing on just about every stage.

However, I did need to switch to Sonic for Sky Santurary (those final bends), Burning Rangers (Sonic + speed mod = you win!). Otherwise, I think I just stuck with metal sonic for the whole thing.

I see no problem with the challenge but, I can see why he's getting upset, it was really getting on my nerves a few days ago too. It's not that the game is hard but, that it forces you to put up with those harder challenges just to be able to access all the content. I can assume this is why some games these days just completely do away with unlocks but, more often than not they just offer alternatives. Usually, putting up with the BS is the "fastest" but, the other methods allow anyone to unlock the things they want.

• Thumbs Up 4

^ I pretty much agree with King Of Awesome. Some missions can be frustratingly hard on the A and S classes, and while this isn't a problem in itself (a nice challenge can be fun at times), I can see why people who simply want to play as X character wouldn't be too fond of it. I think Super Smash Bros. tackles this nicely, offering quicker, more traditional ways of unlocking characters, as well as the easier and simpler, but longer, "play versus mode enough times".

Anyway, speaking of unlocks, I just unlocked the super secret character

Oh man, I am so glad I didn't spoil this for myself. What a great throwback character. It was awesome seeing him change into a Dreamcast controller for the first time, complete with the *BEEP* sound a VMU with a dead battery makes when you turned on the DC and the loud disc drive noise. XD

Also, going back a few pages, it was great hearing your vocal talents as Avatar, S0L. XD

• Thumbs Up 1

Also, I know it's an arcade racer...but having famous characters and stages means people who aren't hardcore racers will pick this up. This doesn't mean you cater to people who can't play racers at all, that ruins the game. But it does mean unlocking characters in a game like this is more important than unlocking a new car in Gran Turismo.

The stickers and World Tour present a challenge in and of themselves, hardcore completionists will go for 232/232 and 120/120. Others just want some characters they can race their friends with.

I can't play everyday, I work to support my family. I have roughly 100 stars right now and I'm optimistic I can get to at least 165 eventually for all the characters. I don't care enough for completion's sake to go for 232. My brother however loved the first game, he unlocked everything faster than me and loved it. He's just completely given up on this game.

Haha I suck at this game so much...

I can barely do any of the A-Class missions, (I could only do them all on the first section of World Tour) The most I've done is all of the B-Class stuff.

Sometimes it just feels like the AI is just straight up cheating at times. For example on A-Class races the AI in first place feels like he's miles and miles away and I'm not getting closer and I could be boosting to oblivion. I know they can use mods but it's very irritating at times.

Also, the AI seems to totally ignore getting hit with items most of the time. I mean if you get hit with a rocket you'll spaz out and whatnot, and especially that fucking tornado. The AI seems to just take it as reverse mode and plays as normal anyway.

I love the game but sometimes...agh.

• Thumbs Up 1

I can't say I've heard this one before.

But yeah, this game is pretty hard on casual players. It isn't as open and it doesn't sound like it will be a blast at parties unfortunately. Explaining this to Grandma will be too hard.

The only thing I can suggest is playing on C class, as the AI are much much easier. My only complaint is that the AI are a little too easy. I like B rank but A rank is just.. brutal.

I haven't posted here because like everyone here, I've been playing ASRT and I've had a blast so far. Haven't used anyone other than Ralph, which makes me sad because Shadow was my main character in the previous game, now he's been replaced lol Also, I think that Sonic Racing song everyone is talking about that people are claiming isn't in the game, go to the first stage, listen closely and you can hear it. Not sure if it's the song but listen to it later on, it sounds like Super Sonic Racing.

Yes, I got platinum about half an hour ago. If anyone is going for platinum... License stats are as follows.

Game completion 100%

World Tour Stars: 232

Characters unlocked: 23

GP wins: 10/10

Staff ghosts beaten: 160/168

Stickers collected: 97/120

Mods earned: 59/138.

So when did the Triple-star licence unlock? after you did Time attack?

I'm trying to plat this, just Time attack is standing in my way. I've been using Shadow with his console mod but since you used Metal with his Genesis mod for nearly all of them I guess I could try that as I'm having trouble with some tracks as Shadow.

Edited by Zone Seeker