Awoo.

[COLLAB] The Sonic Stadium Music Adventure 2012

Jeffhog

Oh no need to change! This is just for the trailer!

I'd rather you keep it as close to the original title than totally something new like the second suggestion. "B-Boys.." could still be just a bit long. :I

Wait, so the shortened title would be for the trailer, and the full title would be on the album?

Also, does that mean you'd prefer it if I got rid of the "B-Boys" part?

Okay, then. Go ahead and use "Grab Your Dreamcast Controllers!"

That's your song? OMG. I love that remix! It's so unique!

Edited by eboni

Well, I'm just doing the arrangement (of the new songs) myself as waiting for Jeff is hard and I think I've got this down. 21 songs out of the 41 I got have been implemented, I still have not done a lot of things and well, yeah, time ain't on my side.

I do promise though, I plan to get this out on Wednesday night and if like really worse come worse, late Thursday so people have like at least 1 day before the stream and to let the video spread. 

(I'd kindly ask that once Vizard uploads it on Youtube, that all of you like/share/comment/publicly favourite it or just do something to let it spread around if it ends up being on Thursday as yeah, that might help the publicity)

A bit of a problem too by the way... I do have a workaround but I'm not sure if it'll work.

So basically, this is how the thing looks like:

JFGyHot.png

You see the monitor? The album cover on it changes every 6/7 songs. So at the moment, the change... it's just there. It's really disturbing.

Now, the change is done via layers. At the picture above, currently, there are 4 layers (music ain't counted). So maybe if I combine the layers wherever necessary... it may be solvable.

I think I'll leave this to one of the final polish parts. I have more important stuff like actually finishing the trailer first.

EDIT: if the pic above is not 16:9 or something, you can view it here: http://i.imgur.com/JFGyHot.png

Edited by Faseeh

Yeah, I was thinking if I should show it or not and stuffs. 

I do hope you guys like how I've arranged some stuff and all. 

I'm sorry if your songs get too little or too much time in your opinion. I tried my best to make everything as equal length as I could without making it sound weird.

Thanks for the nice feedback, Dizzy, anyway!

My only thing would be to make sure the album art actually fits in the monitor for the final product. Otherwise, looks nice so far!

• Thumbs Up 1

Hm, at the moment, not very necessary as I was just playing around with the sizes on all of them to see which is the best...

*compares sizes of album covers*

800 x 800, 800 x 902 (This is Sean's one without the background), 855 x 871 (Dan's... this has the wierdest ratio lol), 850 x 850, 1032 x 1032, 1024 x 1024.

Alright, Soniko! I'm gonna need a monitor that has a screen that is 1024 x 1024. Transparent background and transparent screen. One version will be enough.

Thanks a lot! 

ALSO, THE TRAILER IS DONE (as in everything is implemented, a lot of polish left)

• Thumbs Up 1

JEFF, YOU DIDN'T SEND ME EAR'S COVER.

SORRY EAR.

(AAAH NOW I HAVE TO SPLIT UP THE SONGS AGAIN) 

Okay, ugh, what do I do? Splitting up the songs would mean re-assignment of every layer. ALL 7 OF THEM FOR EVERYONE 1 MINUTE. AAAAAAH.

I hope EAR won't mind if it's not in the trailer... If he does, then do tell. (In that case, EAR/Jeff, could you PM that cover? Thanks.)

ifidothetrailerfornextyearwhichi'dliketoactuallybutyeahit'syourchoicejeffbutcouldihavemoretimelol

Blast Town is in the trailer though!

The trailer is about 40 minutes long. So yeah. :V My computer can barely handle it lol. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Well like DJ EAR has already stated, Album covers need to be the same ratio in both height and width and neither should be bigger or smaller than each other, so we should definitely keep this in mind for NEXT YEAR'S Album.

So what size Monitor do you need Faseeh? It's not going to be a perfect ratio for the screen because i'm not using a perfect square for the monitor since they're more of a rounded cuboid than a straight up cube with corners, so the screen is naturally going to cut off the corners of of the cover, unless you sort of make it slightly smaller than the screen itself and make it hover in the middle of the screen.

so you need a monitor that can fit 1045x1045?

• Thumbs Up 3

JEFF, YOU DIDN'T SEND ME EAR'S COVER.

SORRY EAR.

(AAAH NOW I HAVE TO SPLIT UP THE SONGS AGAIN) 

Okay, ugh, what do I do? Splitting up the songs would mean re-assignment of every layer. ALL 7 OF THEM FOR EVERYONE 1 MINUTE. AAAAAAH.

I hope EAR won't mind if it's not in the trailer... If he does, then do tell. (In that case, EAR/Jeff, could you PM that cover? Thanks.)

ifidothetrailerfornextyearwhichi'dliketoactuallybutyeahit'syourchoicejeffbutcouldihavemoretimelol

Blast Town is in the trailer though!

The trailer is about 40 minutes long. So yeah. :V My computer can barely handle it lol. 

Edit: How about you use his cover as a title card at the beginning of the video? Almost like a title screen

Edited by Jaime Bond

(Jaime Bond (Oh god I thought it was Jamie Bond, I'm so sorry.), you just quoted me lol)

Yeah, gimme some time and if I really need a monitor like that, I'll tell you, I do think with enough tweaks I can make this look good.

EAR, your logo does open up the intro and the whole trailer so that might be why Jeff didn't send over that for me.

Could I suggest that ALL covers next year be 1000 x 1000 and no compromises on that? 

• Thumbs Up 2

(Jaime Bond (Oh god I thought it was Jamie Bond, I'm so sorry.), you just quoted me lol)

Oh I don't know what happened, probably because I'm posting from my phone. What I said is that instead of splitting up the songs for the video again how come you don't use Ear's cover as a title card for the video at the beginning.

The tracklist order is finally organized!

Artists, brace yourselves for incoming PMs! Album covers are now being assigned! Those working on their covers already, prepare yourselves - I'll need to see WIPs so I can get a better idea for arrangements!

EDIT: First things first, I'm freaking sleeping.

• Thumbs Up 8

Guess I shall be the bearer of bad news.

The trailer has been done since yesterday. It's all ready. 

BUT...

after some talking in the Skype chat and with Jeff, it's been decided that the stream will just be announced on TSS and the trailer will be saved for the album itself. 

While this may be not a very nice thing to hear... 

This means, you guys get to hear the mastered versions and stuff JUST LIKE IN THE ALBUM in the trailer!

Also, we now have a Youtube, this is where the trailer and almost everything TSSMA will be on! So go subscribe and share the channel around! 

http://www.youtube.com/user/TSSMATeam

If anyone is not there, send me a link to your YT channel and I'll go add it there!

That should be it on my part!

• Thumbs Up 1

Guess I shall be the bearer of bad news.

The trailer has been done since yesterday. It's all ready. 

BUT...

after some talking in the Skype chat and with Jeff, it's been decided that the stream will just be announced on TSS and the trailer will be saved for the album itself. 

While this may be not a very nice thing to hear... 

This means, you guys get to hear the mastered versions and stuff JUST LIKE IN THE ALBUM in the trailer!

Also, we now have a Youtube, this is where the trailer and almost everything TSSMA will be on! So go subscribe and share the channel around! 

http://www.youtube.com/user/TSSMATeam

If anyone is not there, send me a link to your YT channel and I'll go add it there!

That should be it on my part!

Just sent you mine.

If I may...

*deep breath*

applebloom_panic_by_iks83-d4p8ohm.gif

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA/redacted

Okay, so we're in a teensy bit of an emergency here.

So, after the album has been finalized, I've begun sending out the tracklists to the artists (redhellc, you'll get yours in a bit). 143 songs have been split down into 10 sets, a task that took most of my time over the past few days organizing to make sure it was as balanced as can be.

That being said, I've already begun receiving the final versions from some of the artists, front cover and back cover complete with their issued Act on the front as well as the songs present in the disc on the back.

However, I've received the kind of reply I had dreaded to receive since the project began.

One of the album coverers, who'll remain anonymous for now (if you're reading this, take note that I can't blame you for this and I ain't angry at you - take it easy, bro!), lost his file... as well as the entire hard drive. Yep, his computer went and crashed on him.

Seeing that I'm unable to re-reorganize the entire album with the limited amount of time that's left, as well as having to contact each and every artist to redo their bits, we're officially down one cover/Disc/Act.

Basically, we need one more album cover, and we need it NOW. Otherwise, the album might not make a late February release, and I know that I as well as you don't want this to happen. This is a big community project on its second year, and I'd very much like to keep my promise of getting this thing out there before the month is done.

Seriously, this week we already lost the fan game MLP: Fighting is Magic, and Ubisoft more than royally fucked over Rayman Legends - I don't want to end up doing the same when the album is nearing completion, so this is a task that needs to be completed as soon as possible. 

The Disc in question is Act 5 (5 out of 10, so halfway through) to give you a better idea for a cover. Artists who are up to the task, please let me know you're interested and post here in the thread. I know that the SSMB is teeming with fucking fantastic art folk, so I have confidence that we can still get this done.

In the meantime, I'll be hyperventilating and panicking my ass off in the corner.

EDIT: I've been asked about the cover size - nothing unrealistically small or freakishly huge (so keep it between 450x450 to 1000x1000 as long as it's square). ;A;

Uh, can it be not related to music? Or is that a must? Because if it's not music related I had an idea in my mind and I'm willing to do it on GIMP.