Awoo.

PlayStation 4 Discussion

Detective Shadzter

I'm kinda curious about what Valve's up to concerning a new controller design - Gabe Newell has said that they're working on trying to design a controller that has the best bits of regular controllers and the good old mouse+keyboard setup for PCs. I really hope they succeed, it would basically render dual-stick controllers irrelevant if they did.

I am going to spam the shit out of Facebook with my crappy videos, and wonder why nobody replies to them. Then I'll begin to suspect that people have been blocking me, one by one. Then I'll have a breakdown and kill myself.

Thanks, Sony.

but you never had any friends to begin with

miGpVAJ.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

I am going to spam the shit out of Facebook with my crappy videos, and wonder why nobody replies to them. Then I'll begin to suspect that people have been blocking me, one by one. Then I'll have a breakdown and kill myself.

Thanks, Sony.

Just make sure you buy a PS4 first. Otherwise their effort will be for naught.

Edited by Tornado

The Motion+ controls are reliable, accurate and creates far, far more depth than any combat system in a Zelda game to date. You simply cannot recreate that kind of control on a traditional gamepad without both severely limiting what you can do with it and making it extremely awkward. Even mouse-based sword controls in Mount and Blade and War of the Roses can't hold a handle to Skyward Sword.

The way you phrased this part you seriously act like you can't have an in depth combo system using just buttons which I find absolutely fucking ridiculous. Yeah okay Skyward Sword's combat system is deep for a Zelda game but that's it really.

I've always found motion control to be bothersome because it always tends to replace what could be perfectly suited to a button press with an arbitrary motion.

Edited by Chooch

Sony: It's a disc based future.

Theres a very interesting point in the article as to why. The Blu-Ray discs are 50GB.  Whats the largest game size you've ever downloaded? For me, it's around 11GB, but I have one on my backlog thats 15GB. I know it's going to take several hours for that one to download.

Yet we're moving to another generation. More impressive visuals, bigger games... so more data, more numbers more GB's...

But Broadband speeds are not upgrading as fast as people want, well depending where you live, and even then theres a huge cost for fibre optic broadband depending where you live (if you can get it). The article says that they can see some PS4 games being as big as 45GB (probably an exaggeration), whilst it'll take some time for games to be that big, the games will definately be larger than the sizes we've got right now, so unless we have fibre optic broadband rolled out worldwide and at an affordable cost, the disc is never going to die because whilst the companies will want to go digital as it saves them a bloody fortune, the consumer isn't going to be priced out of the market as much as they're going to be left behind from a technical standpoint, even if they have the system good enough to play it.

• Thumbs Up 5

As someone who's always vastly preferred physical games to digital ones (though I can see the perks of digi) it's really nice to hear Sony say that.

It's also relieving, I was worried that Sony were gonna go as digital as possible after the PSPGo, and I'm very glad to see that isn't the case.

Smartphone gaming ain't my kind of gaming B)

The article says that they can see some PS4 games being as big as 45GB (probably an exaggeration)

Fun Fact: High quality videos stored on the discs tend to be the biggest space eater.

See: FFXIII

Can't wait to see FFXV eat up the disc.

Fun Fact: High quality videos stored on the discs tend to be the biggest space eater.

Considering whats happened to Square Enix in the last 2 years... would this suprise anyone if they did actually give half the disc space to FMVs and cut scenes?

• Thumbs Up 2

Yep, that game is 3 DISKS on the 360! There were a hell of a lot of CGI cutscenes in that game.

Edited by KrazyBean

The more they don't confirm the region locking issue, the more I assume it is region locked... and the sadder my sad panda face gets... look.. sad... =(

• Thumbs Up 2

To me, region locking has never been an issue. I don't import games as I find most of the ones I want are already here or ridiculously expensive to import.

I'm wondering if this means you can't make a UK/US PSN account to play games.

Sony: It's a disc based future.

Theres a very interesting point in the article as to why.

Uhh... what article? Did you just link to your own post? O.o

EDIT: Acutally looking at it closer, you didn't even specify a URL. Whoopsie. =V

Edited by The Cheese

10 posts late Autosaver

Was there.. 10 invisible posts between the time The Cheese posted and I posted?

Considering whats happened to Square Enix in the last 2 years... would this suprise anyone if they did actually give half the disc space to FMVs and cut scenes?

I'm expecting Square to use FMVs for every cutscene and claim it's running on the ingame engine but let the ingame tech fall really lazily in many areas and kinda pale compared to other games running on the same hardware (FFXIII)

The way you phrased this part you seriously act like you can't have an in depth combo system using just buttons which I find absolutely fucking ridiculous. Yeah okay Skyward Sword's combat system is deep for a Zelda game but that's it really.

I've always found motion control to be bothersome because it always tends to replace what could be perfectly suited to a button press with an arbitrary motion.

Let me make it clear, I don't see motion controls being any good for stuff like Devil May Cry or Bayonetta by any means.

But for realistic combat and swordplay? Traditional controls have nothing on Skyward Sword.

• Thumbs Up 1

Let me make it clear, I don't see motion controls being any good for stuff like Devil May Cry or Bayonetta by any means.

But for realistic combat and swordplay? Traditional controls have nothing on Skyward Sword.

Since when has Zelda been realistic? And for that matter, who said it has to be?

Since when has Zelda been realistic? And for that matter, who said it has to be?

Zelda isn't combo-orientated or hack and slash like Bayonetta and Devil May Cry. I guess what Masaru is trying to get across is that games like Zelda take a more realistic approach at sword fighting. Motion controls get this across much more than a traditional controller will ever be able to. The motion controls make you feel as if you are playing as Link, and not just tapping buttons for him to swing in 3 automated directions.

...I like both but I do prefer motion controls.

Zelda isn't combo-orientated or hack and slash like Bayonetta and Devil May Cry. I guess what Masaru is trying to get across is that games like Zelda take a more realistic approach at sword fighting. Motion controls get this across much more than a traditional controller will ever be able to. The motion controls make you feel as if you are playing as Link, and not just tapping buttons for him to swing in 3 automated directions.

...I like both but I do prefer motion controls.

My thoughts exactly. As I said, trying to do realistic swordplay with traditional controls just comes off as extremely awkward, even with mouse and keyboard.

Edited by Masaru Daimon

Just a question but how long do you think Sony will support the PS3 PSN before they pull the plug? mellow.png

Surely it will be a good few years before they get rid of that. I mean as long as Sony is making good money from digital downloads and online play. 

Edited by -Bender-