Awoo.

Pokemon Black & White 2 [DS]

PSI Wind

Wait wait wait. So the Kami trio isn't even available in this game?

So... I uh... I guess that's just acceptable... I didn't even like them anywa-

FUCK FUCK FUCK THUNDURUS IS THE ONLY LEGENDARY I STILL DON'T HAVE. I'VE COLLECTED EVERY SINGLE OTHER ONE BY NOW AND I NEEDED THE THUNDURUS GOD DAMMIT

I wonder why they took them out.

You could always just get a copy of White, or Pokesav.

My R4 is being an ass, I want to play this game on my DS dammit, not my computer.

Edited by The Batman

lol, for some reason I figured I'd be the only one with a flash cart. I've got a TTDS, and I've got the patched version working fine (don't really care to play it until it's almost fully translated), but I do wish I had gotten an Acekard all those years ago. :P

I got mine around the time of DS' final years. I still bought the big games but, it's the perfect thing for playing Japanese versions of games or games that are never coming West. I definitely have to buy White 2 because, Black 2 is great so far.

They don't even compare. Acekard has the simply amazing custom firmware, AKAIO, which runs any game I've ever played with 100% compatibility.

• Thumbs Up 2

Should have gotten an Acekard, R4 is ass. Slightly translated Black 2 works perfectly.

Really? For some reason I can't get any of the slightly translated patches to work on my Acekard 2i. Oh well I'm still playing the game just without the partial translation. Pretty fun so far. Loving the availability of Koffing, Growlithe and Elekid before the second gym. Now it's time to track down an Eevee

Guess who got a Riolu in their Nuzlocke of this game, yeah that's right fuck you guys.

• Thumbs Up 2

Guess who got a Riolu in their Nuzlocke of this game, yeah that's right fuck you guys.

And then it gets knocked out....

• Thumbs Up 2

And then it gets knocked out....

Now if this really does happen, Imma have to hunt you down

• Thumbs Up 4

The Shining Charm has been confirmed to slash the odds of finding a Shiny Pokemon by 2/3 of its original value.

It is now a 1 in 2,370 chance. If the Masuda method is used, it's 1 in 1024.

Also, the Shining Charm can be obtained by seeing all the Pokemon in the National Dex. Catching them is not required.

Edited by Dr. Joshua

The Shining Charm has been confirmed to slash the odds of finding a Shiny Pokemon by 2/3 of its original value.

It is now a 1 in 2,370 chance. If the Masuda method is used, it's 1 in 1024.

BW2

sn6NL.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

*Walks in and avoids spoilers*

Thought you guys might be interested in this news, though it's to be expected with a series this popular.

'Pokemon Black and White 2' pre-orders reach 1.16m

http://www.digitalsp...reach-116m.html

I have it pre-ordered online. But, if it releases on a Sunday I'll probably just cancel it and go buy it at Best Buy or GameStop. They never run out of copies anyway, they get like 150.

The preorder bonus is: A free shiny pokemon (Or a plushie of one at least :P)

That'd complete the cycle :P

• Thumbs Up 1

Speaking of pre-orders, I'm holding out to see whether there will be any bonuses. HG/SS had the fantastic Ho-Oh/Lugia figurines which are proudly displayed on my shelf, but B/W had kinda zilch in comparison. I'm not expecting any bonuses, and where I live I can easily walk into Walmart the day they come out and pick up a copy as I please. I'd love to see something great though.

Edited by Mykonos

Black and White 2 has an equivalent to an Achievement Mode.

http://www.serebii.net/black2white2/medals.shtml

There's roughly 200-250 Medals to collect, and they cover a huge range of objectives, from number of battles, to Musicals, to conquering the Elite 4 and Champion with only one Pokemon in your party.

There's no Gamerscore to speak of, but it does amp up the replayability factor some if you have a completionist streak.

Edited by Dr. Joshua

I love how two medals are just "Read signs"

One hopes they have a little joke sign slipped in somewhere for that. XP

I do like this though. They're not all serious. Some are just "yeah thanks for playing our game"

BK/WK moveset related spoilers:

Black Kyurem got REALLY screwed over, metagame-wise. Its signature move, the physical Freeze Shock, is a Solar Beam equivalent, meaning it requires a one-turn charge up, which leaves it open for checks like Cloyster to come in and sponge the hit. White Kyurem's special Ice Burn is the same way, but for WK, it has Ice Beam and accuracy-boosting-Hail + Blizzard to take advantage of it's massive Special stat. BK doesn't get the same treatment, missing out on Icicle Crash and Ice Punch. It doesn't even get Ice Fang. The only thing BK has to take advantage of the 170 Attack is Outrage, a locking move. Such a shame for BK.

BK/WK moveset related spoilers:

Black Kyurem got REALLY screwed over, metagame-wise. Its signature move, the physical Freeze Shock, is a Solar Beam equivalent, meaning it requires a one-turn charge up, which leaves it open for checks like Cloyster to come in and sponge the hit. White Kyurem's special Ice Burn is the same way, but for WK, it has Ice Beam and accuracy-boosting-Hail + Blizzard to take advantage of it's massive Special stat. BK doesn't get the same treatment, missing out on Icicle Crash and Ice Punch. It doesn't even get Ice Fang. The only thing BK has to take advantage of the 170 Attack is Outrage, a locking move. Such a shame for BK.

I would say Power Herb can help BK if it didn't lose its item afterwords. But dang that sucks.

Edited by GraveRobber

I feel sorry for people in Europe. They always get the good stuff later than we do.