Awoo.

That Guy With The Glasses.Com

Stacy

The Digimon movie is better when you watch the shorts seperately, but even when seperated they're pretty bad.

The OVA is just such an obvious pilot and is nothing but pointlessness until the end. All it establishes is that Tai and Kairi meet Koromon.

The first movie blows in Japanese. Diablomon is just a random virus that says, "I'm hungry." In a loud pitched voice, and isn't even that threatening. There is very little weight during the 40 minutes the thing runs for.

The second movie is the best one, but it's just one big plot hole.

This review got many of my complaints of this mashup, so I agree with it. I also like how the NC jokes were pretty toned down for this review.

Edited by VisionaryBlur

Absolutely hilarious review. I loved that they kept the stupid Angela Anaconda part of the film in the review, the joke about them playing random 90's music bingo, Izzy's obvious statement, the clever segway to commercial with the Matt/Sora thing, and a couple of other jokes I may be forgetting. I was apprehensive at the Critic taking this on because of his lack of experience, but recruiting JesuOtaku to provide knowledge as a fan of the show was brilliant. Easily one of the best NCs in a while.

(I also highly recommend watching Digimon Tamers, buuut... I know some people don't care for it.)

Whoever these people are, they have no taste in storytelling. wink.png

You know, I didn't think of it that way. Your points about Our War Game and the OVA (not to mention Hurricane Touchdown) are all pretty true. I think the Tamers movies were all right, but they were still a little on the slow side, if I remember correctly. They're all really short, too, except for Hurricane/Golden Digimentals, which is slow as molasses.

If there's one thing I'll give Pokémon over the Digimon series... at least their movies felt like actual movies. I still enjoy watching some of the Digimon movies all the same. At least Our War Game, because Omegamon's pretty hardcore.

Edited by Mega

One thing I'll say this combined effort had better for me, is that it's soundtrack (not the crappy pop songs) rocked in dub form. The booming instrumentals, and awesome orchestra just rocked.

Loading the review up and about to watch it. I don't remember much about the movie except that the animation was pretty nice, and that I happened to like it.

oh gosh, I totally forgot it opened up with Angela Anaconda. This is gonna be good.

I forgot how terribad that Angela Anaconda short was, *Ugh* my childhood wasn't perfect I can see that.

A bit late on this, but I'm not too bothered by Spoony being fired. Ever since he broke up with his girlfriend his videos have gotten worse and worse. =/ What I don't like though is that Lupa did bring up something (the rape tweet) a MONTH after he said it, which started the drama and got him fired. Also, when is Doug going to comment on the matter, since he was on his honeymoon with Mrs Critic when it happened? Never? I wanted to hear his opinion...

This is going to make the Anniversary movie very different tho, since Spoony is in it. .__.

Jeez, the opening to the film rememinded me of the Angela Anaconda cartoon. I was maybe 4or 5 when I last saw it...I don't think I liked the show, namely because of it's animation, which was kinda creepy. o_0

Have you guys seen the new episode of Nostalgia Critic? It was pretty meh imo, the only funny thing was the Mr. Monkey joke (and even that joke wasn't especially good) and the "Music! Music! MUSIC MUUUUUUUUSIIIIIIIIIIIIIIC" scream annoyed the shit out of me. >__>

^ The MUSIC! and the FUCK YEAH! gags should had a one-time thing, and overstayed their welcome after the third time he did them. I kinda did like the monkey gag though. I did like some of the choices he had for the countdown, although I think he could have went more into detail with them.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah I thought it was a good list but the jokes just weren't funny I get what he meant but yeah personally I felt they were pretty flat and they didn't seem natural. I think he should keep jokes like that out of top 11 reviews, they are not really needed to make those types of reviews entertaining.

Once again the comment section is full of suck ups, people are entitled to criticize reviews constructively is that a crime on there? huh.png

• Thumbs Up 1

I call bullshit on the top 11 music list due to the fact that the freakin STAR WARS theme did not make it.

Now I know he said these were in-movie moments and not opening credits, but he is 100% wrong in saying that the Star Wars theme does not appear in the films outside of the title reveal. Really??? Swinging across the pit in A New Hope, the Death Star trench run, Return of the Jedi when Artoo shoots Luke his saber. That last one is a BIG fuck yeah moment, because it's the first time you see Luke kicking ass as a jedi with his green saber. There are a number of other moments in the OT and PT where the Star Wars theme plays.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvUtXFg65Cs#t=1m11s

And yet the Terminator 2 theme is chosen, despite hardly (if ever) being in the movie itself?

Sometimes I think Doug cranks these videos out to quickly, leading to stupid mistakes like this. Why not an every other week video so he can refine his stuff and get his facts straight? Would mean less "top 11 fuck ups" videos and less work on his part. I mean, the site has more than enough content to keep people entertained in his off weeks.

The list was good (Bonus points for including some less well known choices), but a lot of the gags kind of fell flat. Liked the use of the "MORTAL KOMBAT!" scream, though.

I call bullshit on the top 11 music list due to the fact that the freakin STAR WARS theme did not make it.

Now I know he said these were in-movie moments and not opening credits, but he is 100% wrong in saying that the Star Wars theme does not appear in the films outside of the title reveal. Really???

I doubt he was ever in a Star Wars audience then, because Star Wars premieres (even the prequels) can be very boisterous, especially during the moments I mentioned. I remember seeing the Special Edition of ROTJ and people were goin nuts at the Sarlacc scene.

Anyway, I foresee this making a Fuck Ups video, you just know it'll happen. :P

Still, not an awful list. Just needed more thought and research.

I find that this year the Nostalgia Critic videos have been hit and miss when it comes to humour and stuff. For example I loved his review of Patch Adams, but I thought his Star Trek month reviews were very meh. I used to watch a new video every week, but now it's only every so often. =/ even FilmBrain and MarzGurl are more interesting now!

Also, am I the only one who REALLY wants him to travel to some UK conventions like MCM Expo? ;-;

Edited by Gabz Girl

So this countdown had some complaints?

Oh great... I can see Doug making a joke out of this in his next reviews and abusing them. Nothing against Doug or any of his reviews, it's just seems whenever he does something to annoy the fans, he tends joke about it. Admirable to acknowledge your mistakes sure, but he tends to abuse those jokes after a while.

I find that this year the Nostalgia Critic videos have been hit and miss when it comes to humour and stuff. For example I loved his review of Patch Adams, but I thought his Star Trek month reviews were very meh. I used to watch a new video every week, but now it's only every so often. =/ even FilmBrain and MarzGurl

Agreed, I used to tune in every update, but now I just can't bring myself to see every new video, especially when its a movie I don't really care about or liked too much. My least favorite so far was his Buddy review, which only had him complaining about how nothing in the movie was funny.

Edited by Lyra Heartstrings
  • Thumbs Up 2

I couldn't sit through his Child's Play reviews, because I love those movies. Any downfalls or complainy moments from the movies are what make them so fun.

Also, when he does commentaries for old shows I never ever watch them. They're just too rehashy and lazy, imo.

I continue to be frustrated by Doug's dismissive attitude towards Conan the Barbarian.

Didn't he say it was a fun movie?

Edited by The Noodle

Didn't he say it was a fun movie?

Liked the first, hated the sequel.

The second one doesn't really seem worth it to bother with. I do, however, think the first one goes far beyond an ordinary "fun" movie, having deep themes running through it (the riddle of steel, for example), is masterfully shot, and has some fight scenes that don't look like power rangers jumping around.

A lot of people don't seem to realize this, but the "dumb 80's movies" that people still care about were not dumb. Robocop, Predator, even First Blood had something they wanted to tell.

Edited by Phos
  • Thumbs Up 4

I find that this year the Nostalgia Critic videos have been hit and miss when it comes to humour and stuff. For example I loved his review of Patch Adams, but I thought his Star Trek month reviews were very meh. I used to watch a new video every week, but now it's only every so often. =/ even FilmBrain and MarzGurl are more interesting now!

I agree, this lastest videos hasn't been as funny as some of the earlier ones. There's been a few good ones though including his top tne Simpsons episodes and top ten movie themes, but the rest have either been good or meh.

• Thumbs Up 2

The second one doesn't really seem worth it to bother with. I do, however, think the first one goes far beyond an ordinary "fun" movie, having deep themes running through it (the riddle of steel, for example), is masterfully shot, and has some fight scenes that don't look like power rangers jumping around.

A lot of people don't seem to realize this, but the "dumb 80's movies" that people still care about were not dumb. Robocop, Predator, even First Blood had something they wanted to tell.

I concur to that. The 80s had some amazing movies, and was arguable the most diverse when it came to those.

The only thing I thinks are dumb from the 80s are the many cartoons (but not all of them.)

• 3 weeks later...

The new Nostalgia Critic episode is a crossover with Todd! Normally, I don't care about crossovers but it's freaking TODD! :D

Well I just watched Doug's review of Baby Geniuses 2 and I have to say it was pretty meh, it raised a couple of smirks but he just isn't making me laugh like he used to, the funniest part of the review was at the end where they read 50 Shades Of Grey on a king sized Hotel Bed in funny voices, that was the only funny laugh out loud part of the review for me and had nothing do with the review itself.

Come on, Doug. sleep.png

• Thumbs Up 1