Awoo.

Sonic 4: Episode 2 Screens & Media Topic

Agent York

Unlike uncurling though, that's just an aesthetic. It makes no difference to gameplay whatsoever. Honestly I don't mind, since frankly it's just a legacy of old simplified sprite animations anyway.

Really don't see what people have against that Sonic and Tails render, looks pretty fucking awesome to me. Absolutely love it.

Ahahahahahaha! Oh wow. I was only joking when I said the Sonic 4 renders were staying true to the original American classic renders. I guess my theory was spot on.

Really don't see what people have against that Sonic and Tails render, looks pretty fucking awesome to me. Absolutely love it.

It's Sonic's mouth I take issue with. It looks like he ate something really bitter.

I too don't get why Sonic Team keep giving Sonic that screwy mouth in their artwork in recent years. It looks silly and somewhat ruins his character/personality.

And what if you don't really like Sonic 2 for that exact reason, and have been saying as much for years?

Then fair enough! Sonic 2 is actually my least favourite classic game too, though I can never accurately pinpoint why. Which is odd because I love the twitch gameplay of Unleashed. Maybe the 3D perspective is just more accomodating for it because you can see further than 1 second ahead of you.

Apart from the fact that Sonic still has that stupid, soulless expression in that render (seriously, why does his expression look EXACTLY THE SAME in all these renders despite the poses being different), the composition of it is nice. Tails always looks nice at least in these renders.

I keep thinking oh this whenever I see that Sonic render:

chris-hansen.jpg

It's rather distracting.

Edited by Gilda
  • Thumbs Up 2

...Nope, still not seeing it. Looks like a regular Sonic smile to me. It might actually be my favourite render for quite a while, it's not often we get to see two characters actually interacting with each other in artwork. 9/10 times it's just two images stuck next to each other.

He keeps having that smile because they keep using renders of the same model for those promotional/title shots. Mystery solved. Now let's get crackin' on Stonehenge.

You only see the smile for about 5 seconds and then you never see it again until you reboot the game up/go back to the title screen :\

Someone just needs to hack into this game when it's released and photoshop the dimples off of his face in every bit of artwork. It's the only way to live life without regrets.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, I like the render. I don't see what's wrong with it,

Heard you the first time.

you guys are getting your shit in a tizzy over a fucking smile.

> People are asked what problems they have with the render.

> Said people calmly explain why and jokingly compare it to other things

> "You guys are being ridiculous"

Yeah. We're the ones getting our "shit in a tizzy."

Edited by Gilda
  • Thumbs Up 4

New art from the gameplay video.

94021638.jpg

That pic of Metal Sonic reminded me of this:

aac4dc.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

Well, the level design itself looks really good.

The only problem is the goddamned object placement. Though I only saw 2 boosters, there weren't really needed there.

That and the guy was playing really poorly. Its not that hard to jump on a platform, even with Episode 1's physics, its not that hard to jump on a platform. I mean come on!

But in any case, I need to see more. And by I more, I really mean less. Less objects at least, because they're ruining what looks to be really good level design.

• Thumbs Up 3

The only problem is the goddamned object placement. Though I only saw 2 boosters, there weren't really needed there.

That and the guy was playing really poorly. Its not that hard to jump on a platform, even with Episode 1's physics, its not that hard to jump on a platform. I mean come on!

It seems like they don't play platformers often. By the looks of things they were tapping A to jump instead of holding it down for full height - something that of course comes utterly naturally to veterans of... well, most games. Hell maybe they were there just for the Nvidia stuff.

That pic of Metal Sonic reminded me of this:

*japan commercial render*

Looks like a Modern version of this render metal-sonic-sonic-generations.jpg