Awoo.

[COMMUNITY PROJECT] "Sonic the Parody" with neon lights everywhere!

Jeffhog

Sonic

The Parody

A Community Proposal

EDIT: PROJECT RESUMED.

Alright! Good whatever-time-of-day-it-is-to-you to you, everyone! How're we feeling?

Well, with the Sonic Stadium Music Album's success as our first TSS community project (and its impending release!), I would like to bring a little something to attention. Don't worry, we'll get started onto the next album thread soon, but, while we bask in the afterglow of Sunday's events and the upcoming release, I would like to start something new.

This is a fan fiction called Sonic the Parody, written by fanfiction.net user Mystery002. Here's a short excerpt of the introduction, including bits of the author's disclaimer.

This has been sitting in my mind for a while now, and I've finally decided to put it down in writing. I've just seen so many horrible stories out there that I've decided to take a shot at all the things that make a story bad. This isn't just a parody of Sonic the Hedgehog; it's a parody of Sonic fan fiction stories. Please, I don't mean to offend anyone. In fact, I make fun of my own stories as well, so please don't write me a flame in all capital letters telling me to go to hell. It's meant to entertain and hopefully make you laugh, so enjoy!

Sonic the Parody

It was a sunny, bright, beautiful day in Station Square. After all, when did a story begin in a city with a grey sky and no birds chirping? That was just unheard of. No, this was a picture-perfect day – like all the other days – even though it seemed a little strange that it never rained in this city. But who was going to break stereotypes? Certainly not this author.

A blue blur zipped though the busy streets of the city, which only held beautiful women and handsome men. The ugly people weren't allowed to come out until eight at night. That blue blur was none other than Sonic the Hedgehog, the world's fastest supersonic hedgehog. Not that there was more than one supersonic hedgehog in existence, but putting the word "fastest" before said phrase only made people ooh and ahh more when they saw him.

Sonic winked at a couple of human fan girls that got little red hearts were their eyes were supposed to be. They idolized him, wanted to ravage him and steal his underwear, even though he didn't wear any and bestiality was considered a little gross in the regular world.

The hero suddenly collided with something and fell to the ground, screaming over-dramatically to add to the tension and mystery of who he bumped into. Could he have dodged said obstacle with his speed? Sure, but how much fun would that be? The plot never would have started without this illogical little event.

Sonic jumped up and came face-to-face with the fangirl of all fangirls: Amy Rose. The little pink hedgehog who had a price on her head from half of the Sonic fandom smiled at her crush.

"Hi Sonic! Sorry I bumped into you, I was on my way to the grocery store." Her tone was so sweet and delicate, like recently poured syrup.

Mmmhhh, syrup. Of course that analogy was completely useless and irrelevant, but who didn't like syrup? Communists, that's who. Case closed.

Sonic's eyes suddenly filled with rage. "I'm not going on a date with you Amy!"

Amy blinked. "But I didn't ask –"

"God, why can't you just leave me alone?" He threw his hands into the air. Despite the ruckus he was making, none of the people on the streets noticed and simply moved on. That was normal, you know. Heroes were allowed to cause domestic disturbances and get away with it. It said so in the handbook.

"But Sonic, I was just going shopping!"

"You mean shopping for a blue hunk of a hedgehog, don't you? I know all about the secret woman-speech code," Sonic screamed.

"Secret what?"

"I hate you Amy!" the hero – who was usually kind but for the purpose of turning this into a ShadAmy fic was being an asshole – screamed at her face. "I wish you'd never been born, I hope you choke on a grape fruit! Kiss my spiny blue ass, Amy! Kiss it!"

Tears welled in the pink hedgehog's eyes, but that wasn't enough for Sonic. In a blur of blue, he was in front of her, raised his hand, and pimp-slapped her.

The fourteen year-old fell to the ground, gashes and bruises all over her body. Although that slap wasn't nearly enough for such an injury, this is my story and I can bloody up Amy all I want. Plus, it adds to the dramatic effect and Shadow eventually patching her up, which in turn will lead them to true love.

Edited by VizardJeffhog
  • Thumbs Up 8

This... would be unfathomably brilliant. I need a new mic of some sort. And perhaps a decent voice to act.

But I think this is a fantastic idea! :)

And now you've mentioned art, I'm even more excited-though that said, I'm not that good an artist. But I COULD give it a shot. :3

I am disappointed that there is no mention of Sonic Goes to the Store in this thread.

I am also disappointed that you have neither read nor heard of said fanfiction.

ANYWAY THIS IS A GREAT IDEA AND WE WILL GO THROUGH WITH IT

• Thumbs Up 5

I am disappointed that there is no mention of Sonic Goes to the Store in this thread.

I am also disappointed that you have neither read nor heard of said fanfiction.

ANYWAY THIS IS A GREAT IDEA AND WE WILL GO THROUGH WITH IT

Because you never mentioned it.

Because you never mentioned it.

'sides, this was something I've discussed with Mystery002, it's been a bit... ^^;

Alright, we also got Blue Wisp interested in this. We need a lot more support if we want to kickstart this though. D:

Hello, I'm Mystery002, the author of this work of fanfiction and it's sequel. I'm very glad that you've displayed interest in my work, and I love the creative dialogue that has already been going on - it's very much in the spirit of the original story, which is deliberate shittiness ala Monty Python or South Park to viciously parody the general shittiness that exists within the Sonic fanfiction community.

I've always dreamed of having one of my fanfictions turned into a larger production, an audio drama of some sort, but I never expected it would be this one. XD I suppose starting with comedy would be good though. I want you all to know that you have my full support on this; if you want to ask me anything about interpretation and creative direction, I'd be more than happy to actively participate with you on that. If you'll have me, I would also love to supply a voice (I personally would love to narrate, but I don't want to steal that away if someone is better.)

I don't know if I'm overstepping my bounds here a little, but I would appreciate it if I could hear the prospective voice actors interpretations before the thing is completely pieced together. I have no doubt it will be of the best worst quality, but I guess I'm just naturally a little nitpicky, so please be patient with me. ^^;

All in all, I'm really excited to work with you all on this ambitious project, and I'd be happy to help in any way required. :)

• Thumbs Up 5

I would've got involved but sadly Im tied up with a stop-motion animation project thats about to go into production. Although I'll certainly be looking into this regulary to see how things are going. Good luck guys.

Edited by liamc5232

Yeah, Willing to lend a hand with this. Especially art! I need practice. Plus, it will allow me to make things shittier.

• Thumbs Up 2

Absolutely! In a way, it's an art form all of it's own; deliberate suckiness for the purposes of satire. It's comedy on two levels: crappiness anybody can get a few chuckles at, but also the subtler, more high-brow humor of social commentary.

I do have to say upfront, whatever happens with narrator or the other voices, I have to do Cream. Don't give me that look... I've done a comedic interpretation of Cream's voice before... I simply have to use it again. XD This is an audio clip of the voice I used, originally it was going to be an introduction to fake outtakes on a project that never made it. Enjoy. biggrin.png

Cream Outtakes Intro (Myz).wav

• Thumbs Up 2

Absolutely! In a way, it's an art form all of it's own; deliberate suckiness for the purposes of satire. It's comedy on two levels: crappiness anybody can get a few chuckles at, but also the subtler, more high-brow humor of social commentary.

I do have to say upfront, whatever happens with narrator or the other voices, I have to do Cream. Don't give me that look... I've done a comedic interpretation of Cream's voice before... I simply have to use it again. XD This is an audio clip of the voice I used, originally it was going to be an introduction to fake outtakes on a project that never made it. Enjoy. biggrin.png

Cream Outtakes Intro (Myz).wav

...what the hell have I just listened to. XD This is the PERFECT Cream for this project!

And Mystery, thanks a bunch for taking the time to come down here. :D Welcome to the Stadium!

• Thumbs Up 2

Hmmm, I think I'd like to take part in this project. In terms of roles, erm, I guess I'd take whatever's available. This could be fun. In terms of voices, I have my standard voice, a limited deep range, and a high range, which I can sorta make sound like a girl or young boy, depending on how I change it up.

Edited by Inferno
  • Thumbs Up 2

Thanks for joining us, Inferno. :) I never imagined there'd be so many people interested in doing this sort of thing!

...what the hell have I just listened to. XD This is the PERFECT Cream for this project!

And Mystery, thanks a bunch for taking the time to come down here. biggrin.png Welcome to the Stadium!

Haha, yeah... it was kind of... spontaneous inspiration, if you will. :XD: But I assure you that I am capable of more than a really f'ed up Cream voice, depending on what's needed.

Thanks for the welcome, Vizard. I've been aware of Sonic Stadium and the various things you guys do, particularly the Sonic Show in its glory days, but I've never really involved myself in a project before. It'll be exciting to finally be involved in a high profile project in one of the fandom's largest online communities. :D

Reading through this now, and I'm having to restrain myself. Laughing out loud at this time of night wouldn't keep the parents happy. It is bloody brilliant, though.

I'm almost tempted to try out for some utter shite artwork spots when you get around to it. Due to general lack of artistic skill, it'd likely be the odd spot here or there (like the "HELL YEAH!" section when Amy muses if her day could get worse). Anything more advanced than that, and I'd really be struggling.

Still, it's a great read. Fantastic stuff ^_^

• Thumbs Up 1

Thanks, Gavvie. It was tremendous fun to write, and it's always nice to hear that somebody enjoyed it as much as I did. :) I hope that you're able to contribute to the video, I personally hope that we feature a wide variety of art from artists at all ranges of skill levels. Actually, inconsistency of art quality may be MORE satirical and hilarious than professional work or non-stop crap. Having one frame be drawn as if it were the Archie comics, and the next be a stick figure could add yet another nuance of satire to it. :D

I just finished readying and I haven't laughed like this in some time. Great job.

I would like to help too, maybe in the artwork slides.

• Thumbs Up 1

Thanks, Redhellc. Go ahead and shoot me for a shameless self-plug, if you enjoyed the first I strongly recommend that you check out the sequel, which you can find on my ffn.net account. It is a bit longer, but if you have the time, I'm quite proud of it.

Happy to see you're thinking of contributing as well. :D