Awoo.

What Events Made You Proud to Be a Sonic Fan?

Sapphire the Hedgehog

I'd have to say the release of Sonic 2006 was the day I was the most proud to be a Sonic fan, it was the next generation of Sonic the Hedgehog, and boy did he come out with a bang.

When this image got made.

the_sonic_cycle_is_broken_display.png

The Colors hype was glorious. It was like "They got this time! They really got it this time!" And when the game came out, they really did. (I think so anyway)

• Thumbs Up 3

Summer of Sonic :). It's by far the time I feel most proud to be a Sonic fan, it's always such a fantastic experience. To see so many people gathered in one place who have traveled, sometimes thousands of miles to be there for one day to celebrate Sonic amongst other fans. The atmosphere is electrifying.

It's perhaps the day I look forward to the most year after year.

I met my best friend 15 years ago because he loved Sonic. Me and him would spend hours playing Sonic 2. We would swap remotes every fifteen minutes so we both got to play as Sonic.

I'm really proud of the fact that I met my best friend over Sonic.

That moment when the Chaotix were set to return in Sonic Heroes. ...Leave me alone. :<

You all know who I am from my profile pic, so now I shall reveal my greatest moment of the blue one, but my past will lead up to it.

I was four or five when I played a Genesis with Sonic 2 or 3. It was so cool, I wanted to run as fast as Sonic in real life. Eventually, I was given that Genesis as a gift. All was good until I was bullied, realized that my dream was impossible and the Genesis mysteriously broke. I and I was diagnosed with... Asperger's Syndrome.

Eventually I got a GC with Mega Collection, my memories of joy returned and I bought the modern titles when they came out. The stereotypes of autism were harsh. Shortly after high school, I saw the movie King of Kong: a Fistful of Quarters and since my dream was recollected, I thought, "if MY legs aren't enough, I will use my childhood hero's instead to be come the fastest!"

With new found willpower, I joined Twin Galaxies put runs on VHS and shipped them.

They are all on the TG website, but those three got Guinnessed. I was given that proof of being worth respect in the book for my20th birthday present.

Thus my impossible dream came true in a different manner, I proved stereotypes wrong about people with Asperger's Syndrome and became mildly famous. My love of the series made this all possible.

Edited by MisterZiese

1. Sonic Adventure. 9/9/99. Nuff said.

2. Being the only Sonic main in Brawl in my dorm and getting into the tournament finals. Represent.

3.Sonic Colors destroying the Sonic Cycle and hearing former haters and FPS nuts claim it was a respectable game.

4. Having people watch me speedrun Sonic Generations and drawing decent crowds in my dorm. I made some people play Sonic that haven't played since the Genesis days. I prefer Colors as a game by a landslide, but this may have been my proudest Sonic moment. Sonic was cool again.

Edited by thatguyfrom03