Awoo.

Which Comic Characters Would You Like to See in a Sonic Game?

Space Ghost

I'm going to agree with a few people here and go with Scrouge.

No, I haven't read the comics myself, but he seems like an interesting person to be a rival of Sonic as it is.

Chances are if he ever showed up (and it also depends on if hes green or not), we'll go through the whole "OMG ITS SONIC!!!!!!" thing AGAIN. (Shadow and Silver anyone?)

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SuperLink

• Mega

• Diogenes

• Aquaslash

Top Posters In This Topic

That's the point though, unlike Julie Su, Rouge ISN'T an original character, she's an official character wheras Julie Su may as well be a fan character. That's what makes Julie a Mary.
That's the stupidest reason to call a character a Mary Sue that I've ever heard.

I'm going to agree with a few people here and go with Scrouge.

No, I haven't read the comics myself, but he seems like an interesting person to be a rival of Sonic as it is.

Chances are if he ever showed up (and it also depends on if hes green or not), we'll go through the whole "OMG ITS SONIC!!!!!!" thing AGAIN. (Shadow and Silver anyone?)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Also I agree on Scourge. Hopefully he's green in the games if her is ever on one.

Edited by JTW

That's the point though, unlike Julie Su, Rouge ISN'T an original character, she's an official character wheras Julie Su may as well be a fan character.

You're trolling me, aren't you.

Nice one

She's taken Amy's place as Sonic's love interest (making a love interest for THE main character is the most mary-suish technique in the book).

Um. Amy wasn't even introduced in America when SatAM and Archie went into production? Furthermore, Sally in Archie and Sally in SatAM are different.

That's the point though, unlike Julie Su, Rouge ISN'T an original character, she's an official character wheras Julie Su may as well be a fan character.

Wrong. All Sonic characters, regardless of medium, are official, even if they don't exist in the game continuity.

It would be fun to put a couple Archie characters in the background of a cutscene, just to see who notices :) But if they actually made them part of the storyline, there would probably be a backlash.

You know...Sega should really just make a massive multiplayer Sonic game already.

Why? So we can have a billion or so recolors mucking about the place searching for chaos Emeralds to go Super/Hyper/Ultra/Polar/Solar/Uber-Epic/(insert made up and supremely lame transformation)?

NO THANK YOU, GOOD SIR. MMOs is one genre that, like Amy, Sonic needs to avoid like the plague.

Sally, not a mary-sue? Are you kidding me? She may as well be the 2nd main character of the archie universe, after Sonic. She's taken Amy's place as Sonic's love interest (making a love interest for THE main character is the most mary-suish technique in the book).

That and Blaze is definitely more than potent of being the Sonic series' strong female. It may not be Amy, but in Blaze's dimension, she IS the equivalent to Sonic, and that's saying a lot, because Sonic is fucking epic.

A Mari-Su (A billion rings to the first one to get that joke [double for this one]) is usually depicted as "perfect" in every conceivable way. Miss Acorn, as we've seen, ain't even close.

Blaze more or less acts like Sally anyway, albeit with much less sass, so, there you go.

Bah, Rouge is almost as bad as the Archie characters.

And Amy's not a love interest, She's become something all together more annoying and cliche. I don't feel like browsing tropes to find it, though.

How can people say Scourge? With all the flack this fanbase gets for recolor’s, people wanna go and pitch the mother of them all. Geez, I like Scourge but bringing him to the games should be a bad joke and nothing more.

One that note, I wouldn’t want to see any Archie characters in the games outside a “cameo role”. I like the Archieverse and follow it with great interest but there is no way they could fit into the games without drastically changing their characters and/or infringing on the roles of existing ones. Most of the Archie characters feed off Sonic in a specific way that the Sega Sonic cannot provide.

Sega Sonic does not equal Archie Sonic. They are not interchangeable and the Archie characters will not be able to interact with the Sega variant like we know they usually would with the Archie parallel. You’d be diminishing both universes by bringing them together.

I know when I'm beaten, but to me, even Julie-Su's name says it all. It's almost as if they wanted us to think "Julie-Su... Mary-Sue!"

To me, it's like Archie got a checklist and said "Right, who hasn't got a girlfriend yet? Uhm.. Knuckles! *draws a female echidna* Who else? Charmy! *draws a female bee*" etc etc. The typical mindset of a Sonic fancharacter creator on speed, and people actually like Archie's characters compared to Sonic Team's? Why do ST get slandered for making "so many" when compared to Archie the cast seems miniscule?

"Hey boss, SEGA just revealed an official love interest for Sonic!"

"Meh, Sally's better."

"Hey boss, SEGA just revealed an official love interest for Knuckles!"

"Meh, Su's better"

"Hey boss, SEGA just revealed an official love interest for Shadow!"

"Damn, I was just about to make one!"

Oh, and agreed with DogTagz about Scourge. Fan character recolour if I ever saw one.

Edited by SuperLink

None that don't exist in the games, already. Personally, I like to keep the two universes seperate.

I sign this. :D

I'm not a fan of the comics so I don't want any character in the games. Scourge may be kinda cool, but he should stay in the comics. I guess it would just make everything worse.

I'd like to see videos of the development teams working on the games. I always love behind the scenes stuff like that. I get to see what their working environment is like, what the team's faces look like, and how they behave. They did that with secret rings. Wish they'd do more of it.

None that don't exist in the games, already. Personally, I like to keep the two universes separate.

Well put.

The plot lines of the comics and games are too...different. It would require either some stupid twist or a major plot hole to bring them together. Let's save time and keep them apart.

• The title was changed to Which Comic Characters Would You Like to See in a Sonic Game?