Awoo.

Which Comic Characters Would You Like to See in a Sonic Game?

Space Ghost

I'm sure it's been asked before but I never thought about it until now.

Then again maybe I missed a game or two, huh? >>

If you could pick some characters to put in from the comics, who would they be?

Mine:

Julie Su

Bunnie Rabbot

Dr. Finteveous

Sonia The Hedgehog

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SuperLink

• Mega

• Diogenes

• Aquaslash

Top Posters In This Topic

None that don't exist in the games, already. Personally, I like to keep the two universes seperate.

If I had the option, I wouldn't.

To be fair I'm not a fan of the comics and such, so maybe there's someone decent hiding in there that I don't know about. But the characters I do know, I don't want getting anywhere near the games.

I think they could be included for the fun of it, but have no real purpose to the story.

Like, if they finished Unleashed, and it was Perfect, no problems at all, and they still had time until the release, maybe adding some comic characters in for fun would be cool, but, again, they'd serve no real purpose, they'd just be there :P

Maybe not exact characters, but "adaptions" of cartoon/comic characters are fine. SA-55 seems awfully similar to a snarkier Decoe and Bocoe, for instance.

Julie Su = Shade. But the Dark Brotherhood was an obvious reference to the Dark Legion of Archie making. So you kind of have your wish already! I think adding more characters wouldn't help the series at this point. The comics are very plot heavy and can support a story with many personalities. I think the game series would collapse under the sheer amount of furries. Nothing against the fuzzy guys though.

I'd like it if in the games Shadow behaved like he has in Sonic Universe so far. He didn't ave any characterization to speak of before.

Other than that, the Archie characters don't fit the visual style for me.

inb4 Aquaslash lists all/most of them.

I really hate the Archie Universe due to all the fans and stuff liking the Archieverse more than the Segaverse. But there is one character from ArchieI would really like to see:

Scourge. He is the only character from the comics that I like. If I can't have Mephiles back, Then I want Scourge in the games. Sonic's getting too cocky these days and thinks life is just all sunshine and Chili Dogs. What better way to prove him wrong by bringing Scourge in the games, And have him beat the crap out of our favourite blue hedgehog. That and his super form is awesome.

Snivley.

Dr. Eggman needs a little lackey. The robot in unleashed was nice... but I really want Snivley.

I wish we didn't have Eggman Nega... cause I think the old Sega of America Robotnik/Robo Robotnik would make an awesome bizarro Eggman...

I wouldn't mind Mina Mongoose, so long as her role was as small as Marine's.

the old Sega of America Robotnik/Robo Robotnik would make an awesome bizarro Eggman...

Clone of Eggman gone wrong with horrible deformities and big black holes for eyes, perhaps? It'd be a humorous nod to the old SoA concept art.

That said, I like Nega- But throwing SoA Eggman in as a clunky, lumbering "bizarro" character does sound entertaining.

Edited by El Gran Gordo

The only comics character I like is Scourge. Including the others would screw with the canon, but Scourge, or a Scourge-like character, could easily be put into the game continuity. Just like how they sort of put Julie-Su in the games by adding Shade.

Edited by AXB

if they rebooted and got rid of rouge,marine, prolly blaze,big,cream,the babylons,silver,eggman nega,shade, and anyone else besides Sonic,Tails,Knuckles,Amy,Shadow,The Chaotix,Metal Sonic and the good doctor, then yeah sure that'll be good.

As others have said, I'd prefer it if they just kept the universes separate. I personally find that a lot of the Archie characters jut don't seem to 'fit' with the game universe n terms of design. As in thy look more like generic animal characters rather than Sonic characters. I think they'd just look out of place in the game universe, personally.

Edited by Mahzes

Julie-Su = Mary-Sue (Same with Sally)

They are literally no different to fan characters taking the spotlight of other main characters. Original character becoming Knuckles' girlfriend? Typical sign of a mary-sue; and I hate them for it, so no, definitely no.

I've always wondered and wanted to see how Sally would look if she was adapted into modern game CGI/art. Would she be given clothes (more than her jacket and boots) as all current girl characters have, or would she be exempt due to tradition with her?

However, I too would rather keep the universes seperate. I don't think they'd mesh well. The only exception would be if there was a game based ENTIRELY on SatAM and/or Archie which was clearly labeled as not canon to the main series. In that case, I'd love to see Sally and Bunnie kicking butt alongside Sonic and Tails, and Antoine with his sword etc.

No, and I hate it when people beg for this. The comics do not have to be brought into the games, damn it.

I really hate the Archie Universe due to all the fans and stuff liking the Archieverse more than the Segaverse.

And what's wrong with that? People are entitled to their opinions. I love SatAM much more than the games, but I don't hate on any other 'verses. Just dislike bits and pieces.

Julie-Su = Mary-Sue (Same with Sally)

I don't really see how Sal is a Sue, at least, in SatAM. But eh, that's just me.

Anyway, like others, I think it'd be best to keep the two universes separate. Too many characters as is, and a lot of Archie characters really wouldn't fit the game 'verse.

Anyway, like others, I think it'd be best to keep the two universes separate. Too many characters as is, and a lot of Archie characters really wouldn't fit the game 'verse.

To not talk about all the "Why isn't [insert your favourite Archie character who has been rejected from the project] in the game while [insert an Archie character's name who has been accepted] is?????" fights that would eventually show up.

...huh? I just don't think they'd fit the universe at all unless adapted differently, and Sonic Team already has over 9000 characters, many of whom are scrapped or unused for ages.

I'd love to see Sally in the games, she's one of my favourite characters and very underrated, I'm sure she'd get a much bigger fanbase if she was in the games. I think she'd fit in well, but I couldn't see her just wearing a jacket, I imagine SEGA would make her wear more clothes like the other female characters.

Even better I'd like it if she replaced Amy for good, or at least have a bigger role than her, IMO Sally's a much better character, she's less annoying, less girly, less fangirly over Sonic, more of a fighter, etc. she's just an all round better character, she should be the main female in the series, but hey that's never gonna happen -_-

Actually, Sally has a decent-sized fanbase, it's just not in the SEGA 'verse fandom, most of the time. ...and they can be kinda scary at times. D8

I do like Sally more than Amy because, to me, Amy is so ridiculously girly from her pink attire, to the fact that she chases Sonic, etc, and I find those sort of female characters bland and stereotypical. However, replacing Amy would lead to a lot of fan uprorar. >>; Especially with those Sally haters who think that Sonic and Amy are a canon couple. Not that I'm trying to get into a pairing debate, but the Sonic game 'verse doesn't have canon pairings, which is GOOD, IMO.

Edited by Mega

Sally, not a mary-sue? Are you kidding me? She may as well be the 2nd main character of the archie universe, after Sonic. She's taken Amy's place as Sonic's love interest (making a love interest for THE main character is the most mary-suish technique in the book).

That and Blaze is definitely more than potent of being the Sonic series' strong female. It may not be Amy, but in Blaze's dimension, she IS the equivalent to Sonic, and that's saying a lot, because Sonic is fucking epic.

Sally, not a mary-sue? Are you kidding me?

I guess everyone's entitled to their opinion but I just don't see a Mary Sue in Sally, and I see Mary Sue's in everyone.

Amy is so ridiculously girly from her pink attire, to the fact that she chases Sonic, etc, and I find those sort of female characters bland and stereotypical.

Well she probably would have kept her original tomboy form if it weren't for the creators trying to attract a female audience, besides Sally was created by Americans whereas Amy, at least in her current form, was created by the Japanese and almost all Japanese related media (not to generailze) have the stereotypical 'girlie' character. They seem to be popular archetypes.

Personally I prefer Amy over Sally because I never watched SatAM, growing up with Amy rather than Sally. But It would be cool if they made some characters unlockable as a sort of extra, like Bunnie, sort of similar to how Tikal and Chaos were playble in SA2 if you got all A grades.

Edited by CreamyBagel

Original character becoming Knuckles' girlfriend? Typical sign of a mary-sue; and I hate them for it, so no, definitely no.

chara_rouge.gif

Invadin ur topics, invalidatin ur arguments.

In any case, the game writers are completely inept so putting the characters in the storylines would actually tarnish them a great deal.

Downloads, multiplayer characters, and party game fodder on the other hand, the more the merrier! I'll take my 4 player Sonic Riders match between Sonic, Shadow, Scourge, and Jet, along with a 4 player Sonic Battle match with Sally, Julie Su, Amy, and Blaze and enjoy every nanosecond of it.

Actually, come to think of it, Scourge makes the perfect Sonic skin! You don't have to change a thing other than the model and the special effects. You can even leave the VOICE as it is.

Oh man, this is genius. I'm SO looking into hacking one of the games to be this way.

You know...Sega should really just make a massive multiplayer Sonic game already.

That's the point though, unlike Julie Su, Rouge ISN'T an original character, she's an official character wheras Julie Su may as well be a fan character. That's what makes Julie a Mary. Plus Knuckles and Rouge only get shipping, wheras in Archie it really couldn't be more in your face.