Awoo.

Plotholes in the Sonic Series: Try to Solve them once and for all.

King Frosty

Alright. Like I said in the status updates. This is a thread for trying to solve many of the mysteries and plotholes stories throughout all the years have had.

So with that said.

LET'S DO DIS.

So let's start with one of the biggest ones that we've all known well......

Since......Sonic Adventure....2.

THE MOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN.

Sonic-Generations-HD-Shadow-Rival-Battle-1-1024x576-711x400.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

It was only one side of the moon, and the other 'whole side' is very conveniently the only one we see.

Next.

Edited by Wordy
  • Thumbs Up 2

It was only one side of the moon, and the other 'whole side' is very conveniently the only one we see.

Next.

The sky outisde Crimson Crater in SR:ZG shows two moons. Maybe their orbit is different from the real world, hence you most often don't see them at the same time and why it's entirely possible that the intact moon is the second one.

• Thumbs Up 3

I always thought that the force of the Ark's lazer's impact caused the moon to shift on its axis. Seeing as the Moon's rotational period is equal to that of its orbital period, the intact face is what we see, and the destroyed face is what we would consider to be the "Dark side of the moon".

Either that or gravity did its business and the Moon just reformed by recollecting the debris (which is probably how it originally formed)

How is it that in Sonic Rush, Blaze is from another dimension but the same time period but in Sonic 06, Blaze is from a different dimension in the near future?

The moon, like any orbiting body has gravity, the larger the pieces, the stronger the gravity, whilst the moon is broken, it's not destroyed. the pieces break away, but they don't fly off into space... they float quite close by and they're not in a fixed orbit as best we can tell.

gravity.gif

According to what we understand about grabity and objects in space, over time the pieces would have crashed into one another again... therefore fixing the moon.

Why did it happen so fast?

If you look at the stages aboard arc, theres a lot of things that can play with the gravity, if the beam weapon uses a similar energy source, it's possible that this increased the gravitational pull of the moon, thereby fixing it at a much quicker rate.

Blending real world sceince with fiction... are we bored yet?

• Thumbs Up 1

I have some questions,

In SA2, When all the chaos emeralds were put in the cannon's core, The Ark activiated a video showing Gerald's revenge + Execution while it started to fall to the earth. Only thing is,

1. Who recorded the video and put it on the Ark?

2. Who proggrammed the Ark to fall? Obviously this would be Gerald, but his video is also programmed to show when the ark starts falling, which means Gerald would've had to predict his death and record his execution video BEFORE he wanted revenge and such.

3.Why on earth, would G.U.N. seal away Shadow, with the most obvious fucking password in the world. Maria.

Edited by Naked Dog

Sonic took all seven Chaos Emeralds and wished for the moon to be fixed. His wish was granted, but as a consequence the Chaos Emeralds were scattered across the world, forcing him to track them down all over again.

'cuz Chaos Emeralds are like Dragonballs, right?

I have some questions,

In SA2, When all the chaos emeralds were put in the cannon's core, The Ark activiated a video showing Gerald's revenge + Execution while it started to fall to the earth. Only thing is,

2. Who proggrammed the Ark to fall? Obviously this would be Gerald, but his video is also programmed to show when the ark starts falling, which means Gerald would've had to predict his death and record his execution video BEFORE he wanted revenge and such.

3.Why on earth, would G.U.N. seal away Shadow, with the most obvious fucking password in the world. Maria.

I'm quite sure that Gerald had access to Shadow on Prison Island whilst incarcerated. It was said that he altered Shadow's mind in order to create him as an agent to carry out his revenge. It'd make sense that he resealed Shadow in stasis and set the password as "Maria" as well as making it so that only an Emerald could've thawed-out Shadow and revived him.

Then he left his diary amongst military files for Eggman to stumble across. This actually indicates that he had access to a computer to upload the file containing his diary and may even hint towards him altering the programs in the ARK's main computer through that computer.

GUN covered-up the forced shutting down of Project Shadow by claiming that a biohazardous accident had occured on board the ARK caused by Gerald's negligence and issued him the Death Penalty. The video containing Gerald's last words were taken just before he was filled with lead. It was his final "Screw you" to humanity. Considering that Gerald programmed Shadow to carry out his plan, it makes complete sense that he'd spur-on Shadow to locate his execution video after he was dead and upload it to the computer mainframe so it can kick-in once all of the Emeralds are in the Eclipse Cannon.

Basically, Shadow was behind making sure Gerald's final speech was broadcast.

GUN and Shadow, respectively.

Also Shadow.

Remember that Shadow's purpose was to execute Gerald's revenge; that included, but was not limited to, collecting the Chaos Emeralds. Anything that Gerald could not have done due to being dead, we can be reasonably sure was done by Shadow offscreen.

The real question is at what point Gerald was able to implant these orders and this knowledge into Shadow after the ARK incident.

On Knuckles' stage, Meteor Herd, it shows a large machine in the middle of a crater on an unknown area. During the Knuckles/Rouge rival battle, the machine opens up to show molten lava and propels the two combatants upward.

Given that GUN Robots were also there, as well as GUN crates, I always figured GUN sent a team of engineers to fix the moon, and Knuckles' stage took place there.

I have some questions,

1. GUN obviously recorded the video and placed it in their archives. It's best to assume Gerald programmed the ARK to upload the video and broadcast it worldwide. He was funded by GUN at the time so it isn't too farfetched.

2. Gerald did something while he was imprisoned. As to how, I can't really say, but the prison Sonic was in showed all of the calculations Gerald did to predict the Earth's demise. Obviously this means he had access to a computer at some point before his execution.

3. Considering that Shadow was imprisoned for 50 years and GUN had all the secrets, I doubt they cared about the password at the time.

Forgive me for not buying the "they didn't fly off into space, they can reform through gravity" theory.

If you ask me, this version of Earth has more than one moon:

800px-ZG_Twomoons.png

• Thumbs Up 7

How is it that in Sonic Rush, Blaze is from another dimension but the same time period but in Sonic 06, Blaze is from a different dimension in the near future?

Reposting this from the HeadcannonCANONs tumblr

Dimensional Landslide Theory

headcanon1.png

This shoddy image represents a timeline of ONE dimension. The blue line represents Sonic’s lifespan, lavender one represents Blaze’s. This is 200 years in the future.

However, this is the image that represents the relationship between the dimensions:

headcanon2.png

Their timelines are shifted, in some way. Perhaps Blaze’s dimension was created earlier, perhaps was the original dimension when it became copied. Regardless, this means that neither Sonic or Blaze are counterparts. Blaze’s counterpart is herself, from Sonic’s dimension, 200 years into the future, whilst Sonic’s is 200 years into the past of Blaze’s dimension.

SonicMachineLabyrinth.jpg

Explains the existence of Machine Labyrinth from Sonic Rush Adventure. 1800's industrial era technology that looks like Chemical plant in a different dimension? No doubt with all those Steamniks through the level, Inspector Sonic once blasted through there.

But what about the Eggmen? Don’t they know about it? Let’s be blunt: Eggman is getting to become easily fooled by everyone, and Eggman Nega does NOT like to be wrong, so I highly doubt either of them know what’s actually happening, or can embrace the fact that their suspicions are wrong.

tl;dr There is a 200 year gap between dimensions, the Sol Dimension being earlier.

Edited by Mr. Awesomest
  • Thumbs Up 6

If you ask me, this version of Earth has more than one moon:
But neither of those moons have a hole in them.

tl;dr There is a 200 year gap between dimensions, the Sol Dimension being earlier.
Where do the Sol Emeralds fit into this?

Explains the existence of Machine Labyrinth from Sonic Rush Adventure.
This didn't need an explanation. Edited by Diogenes

Blast, speeded by that rambunctuous Diogenes. You win this round!

Edited by Grumpy Old Guy

So, was Knuckles basically like: Fuck the Master Emerald, I'm going to hang with my friends?

Outside of Eggman, the only one who has any interest in taking the Master Emerald is Rouge, and she finds that to be not worth her time unless she feels like pissing off Knuckles. As long as Sonic and others keep an eye on Eggman, Knuckles realistically has nothing to worry about.

• Thumbs Up 1

But neither of those moons have a hole in them.

I said there seems to be more than one. I never said there were only 2.

So where is the third moon hiding, and where have these two moons been hiding in every other game?

Where do the Sol Emeralds fit into this?
They are their dimension's equivelant of the Chaos Emeralds, or rather, the Chaos Emeralds are the duplicates. This didn't need explaining.

This didn't need an explanation.

It didn't, but the closer is to canon, the better.

Edited by Mr. Awesomest