Awoo.

What do you want for the next Sonic game?

I'd love a 3D Sonic game that is less of a tunnel platformer and more like the Adventure formula.

I really don't like the Adventure games, but that's because they were poorly built. The concept behind Adventure is a good concept it just needs to be properly executed. I think it's finally possible on current and next-gen systems to build a 3D Sonic game that truly gives the player freedom to explore.

I honestly don't care what the next Sonic game is like, as long as it's fun.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'd love a 3D Sonic game that is less of a tunnel platformer and more like the Adventure formula.

I really don't like the Adventure games, but that's because they were poorly built. The concept behind Adventure is a good concept it just needs to be properly executed. I think it's finally possible on current and next-gen systems to build a 3D Sonic game that truly gives the player freedom to explore.

So.. Sonic Adventure 3? =U

It can really be called anything. The name doesn't change the formula. Plus SA3 has already been made. LIKE 4 TIMES.XD Sonic_____ would be fine. If it has polished gameplay, Good music, a cool/funny/epic story then i'll be fine.

I see your point.. =o Somehow, Heroes, felt.. rushed.

I wouldn't really say rushed, I would just say...badly executed. I like the game, but I feel that certain parts of it such as the badniks with health bars kind of felt like a way for the Power characters to feel relevant to the gameplay (to me at least), and the Flying characters aren't used that well. And then there's things like bosses later in the game such as Robot Storm and Egg Emperor that pretty much ended up with spamming the Thunder Shoot. I like the idea behind the whole 'team' gameplay, but I don't think it's been executed well.

I wouldn't really say rushed, I would just say...badly executed. I like the game, but I feel that certain parts of it such as the badniks with health bars kind of felt like a way for the Power characters to feel relevant to the gameplay (to me at least), and the Flying characters aren't used that well. And then there's things like bosses later in the game such as Robot Storm and Egg Emperor that pretty much ended up with spamming the Thunder Shoot. I like the idea behind the whole 'team' gameplay, but I don't think it's been executed well.

I agree. The team gimmick could have been a great idea, but just came out weird and broken.

It would also be cool to have a Rush-styled game in 3d, with the air tricks (As a focus to maintain speed and gain boost) and unique platforming gimmicks. So take Modern gameplay, and add those things.

Not really, the name just seems to be associated with the gameplay style. It isn't Sonic Adventure 3 just because it's fully 3D. It's just a name, really.

Modern gameplay's original concept was to essentially take rush and put it in 3d if i remember correctly. Correct me if i'm wrong. I mean with what you described it sounds a lot like modern gameplay.

Edited by The Amazing Spiderman

At this point, I'd say expand the stages to be more open and expansive. I want vast areas I can explore at the Speed of Sound.

Give the Boost a little nerf so it's an accessible power up for all the characters. Give those said characters unique special abilities that differ them to the rest. Keep the story interesting and fun to follow all the way through as incentive to finish the game as well. The characters relevant to the story should actually be relevant.

• Thumbs Up 2

Modern gameplay's original concept was to essentially take rush and put it in 3d if i remember correctly. Correct me if i'm wrong. I mean with what you described it sounds a lot like modern gameplay.

I know it's pretty close, but I would just like to see the trick system in 3d.

I know it's pretty close, but I would just like to see the trick system in 3d.

But didn't we get that in Generations? Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm not too familiar with the Rush series.

But didn't we get that in Generations? Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm not too familiar with the Rush series.

In Rush you can do tricks at almost anytime in the air, and they fill your boost. You also have a forward and up trick ala Advance 2. It added a good dynamic.

No.

The Adventure formula can be a basis for the gameplay, but it should be expanded on. The tone of the game shouldn't be anything like the Adventure games. Also, I'd like to see some more cartoonish environments like those from Heroes as opposed to the more realistic stages like Emerald Coast.

• Thumbs Up 1

In Rush you can do tricks at almost anytime in the air, and they fill your boost. You also have a forward and up trick ala Advance 2. It added a good dynamic.

Ah, so you want to expand upon the current trick system. I got it.

No.

The Adventure formula can be a basis for the gameplay, but it should be expanded on. The tone of the game shouldn't be anything like the Adventure games. Also, I'd like to see some more cartoonish environments like those from Heroes as opposed to the more realistic stages like Emerald Coast.

well the concept of emerald coast was good. Just in a more cartoonish way would be better. Edited by The Amazing Spiderman

As for what I'd like to see for the next Sonic game, I think Chaos Warp stated pretty much everything I'd like to see in terms of gameplay. Although I like the idea for the Advance 2 style boost, I'd just want it to be optional (when you hit top speed for a while, a button appears if you want to use the boost, but then the boost is gone once you slow down or get hit, or die).

• Thumbs Up 1

Next Sonic I hope will improve the Unleashed/Generations Formula with more platforming(not like Planet Wisp) and offer larger areas like City Escape. For larger areas though, maybe Sonic's movement physics can change for certain areas to allow easier movement and then change back to normal for the Long trails to boost through.

Speaking of tricks, I'd like for it to reward points rather than boost energy. I think Sonic should only gain boost energy for collecting Rings, and only give a very small amount of energy for every one Ring. If you're not going to nerf (or completely remove) the boost, than at least make it less easy to get energy for it. It'd probably be best to have the meter at 0% at the beginning of every act and boss.

Anyhow...what do I want from the next Sonic game? For it to be fun, mostly. I'm hoping against all logical thought that we'll see actual effort put into the next game's story, but something tells me they'll continue to play it safe.

Other playable characters is something I'd love to see, as long as they play similar to Sonic but with something unique about them (i.e. the Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles set-up in S3&K, where they all have similar gameplay and same basic moves, just different special abilities). Sonic can BOOOOOOOOOSH move faster than other characters, use the homing-attack, and so on; Tails can fly to areas Sonic can't reach and fly right through platforming sections (lol fly2win); Knuckles can glide/climb and break objects the other two can't; etc. They would all be able to attack during a spin-jump--it's basically the signature attack of the entire series after all--and likely the spin dash as well.

Oh, and if Super Sonic is once again playable in-game, I want him to be 1) playable during bosses and 2) not nerfed. Seriously, he was fine in Colours (minus not being able to use Wisps, and even then, it was still kinda fun).

Edited by ElementofChaos7
  • Thumbs Up 3

Long trails to boost through.
Why is this even A Thing.

Seriously, [super Sonic] was fine in Colours
No, he really wasn't. Using Super Sonic meant removing one of the most important aspects of the gameplay, leaving you with subpar level design, most of which you can't even access. It's crap. Edited by Diogenes
  • Thumbs Up 1

Okay so you know those videos of Classic Sonic in Modern Sonic levels, basically I want that. Obviously with tweaked/fixed up physics, no boost, no homing attack, and lots of platforming. Basically so far those videos are what have come closest to the vision in my head. I'd also hope they remove those stupid orange rings from levels, I really don't like them. They aren't really needed, we already have springs.

So basically I just want a good translation of Classic Sonic stuff into 3D, complete with his little roly poly model. Of course I realize that this is never going to happen but since this topic is about what I want , that would be it. Oh, and more Knuckles, always more Knuckles.

Okay so you know those videos of Classic Sonic in Modern Sonic levels, basically I want that. Obviously with tweaked/fixed up physics, no boost, no homing attack, and lots of platforming. Basically so far those videos are what have come closest to the vision in my head. I'd also hope they remove those stupid orange rings from levels, I really don't like them. They aren't really needed, we already have springs.

So basically I just want a good translation of Classic Sonic stuff into 3D, complete with his little roly poly model. Of course I realize that this is never going to happen but since this topic is about what I want , that would be it. Oh, and more Knuckles, always more Knuckles.

``no homing attack``

How would that work? Jumping on enemies is very hard in 3d with Sonic's speed. You could make the homing attack more momentum-based if you wanted to do something like this, but not there at all? Not working well.

• Thumbs Up 2

More Knuckles would be nice. I know dude has to watch the Master Emerald but like for one game can we just forget the oversized jewel and let him stretch his legs and run with Sonic and Tails on one adventure?

• Thumbs Up 1

More Knuckles would be nice. I know dude has to watch the Master Emerald but like for one game can we just forget the oversized jewel and let him stretch his legs and run with Sonic and Tails on one adventure?

How about a game where the alternative dimension that hosts the 'Special Stages' is explored in more detail? I've mentioned the idea before, but it's relevant enough for Knuckles to tag along, without dragging out the Echidna story further (since presumably, the Special Stages far predate the Echidna/Chaos era of the Sonic world).