Awoo.

The Official Sonic 4 Mods Topic

goku262002

The only things you can do atm for Sonic 4 are model, texture, sfx, and music swaps. any sort of level editing or physics tweaking is impossible.

I don't think there is any sort of real memorable swaps atm save for a Spindash<->roll sfx fix.

Edited by goku262002

• 2 weeks later...

The only things you can do atm for Sonic 4 are model, texture, sfx, and music swaps. any sort of level editing or physics tweaking is impossible.

I don't think there is any sort of real memorable swaps atm save for a Spindash<->roll sfx fix.

It's not that it's impossible, it's just way too much work for what it's worth, doing level editing involves hex editing and alot of trial and error.

This is the last thing I managed to do before giving up on editing stuff for Sonic 4.

Ugh, I wouldn't be surprised if Sega intentionally made this game extremely hard to hack for the most part just so that we wouldn't be able to -oh, I don't know- try making the game actually closer to the classics than it currently "is." >_>

Sounds like conspiracy, I know, but the fact that this game is as of the moment so complex to work with it can be considered by some to be unhackable just seemed like an intentional insult added to the already done injury.

-reads first few pages, sees some pretty cool mods-

-skips to last page, everyone is screaming at each other-

thatescalated.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

• 8 months later...

So, nothing in the rules seems to be against 'reviving' this old thread, well I hope there isn't, because I think it might be worth it.

I've been working for a while on a modification...

ModifiTex.jpg

This was the first successful edit, well I didn't like it, wasn't... Bright enough.

There's a lot of new changes that happened after this picture, well, expect a video in the next few days.

Temporarily I'm calling it Evil Red Sonic, it will stay this way unless I find a better name.

That's the first story... The second story is...

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Shift just got real! Behold!

Silver Sonic MK II!

ShiftGotReal.jpg

Note that I intentionally made it as small and unclear as possible, because well... It's a surprise!

Don't worry, the original files are included, if you don't like the mod, use them to undo it:

Silver Sonic MK II download link

It still needs some work, but it's done for me, if I ever find time after finishing 'Evil Red Sonic', I might just make it perfect. What it needs is minor changes like the lives icon, the blue train, titles and names, nothing big.

Also, notice (before you download) that this mod is for Sonic the Hedgehog Episode II... Actually, it's for Episode Metal, yes, it's a Metal Sonic mod, this means it requires both episodes on PC with Episode Metal unlocked.

I thought it would be better to play with this dude in 4 different acts than to fight it in 4 different acts.

If you want me to do one for Episode II Metal Sonic, I'm ready for it. Just let me now.

Edit: Video is ready:

Edit: New download link for Silver Sonic MK II:

http://www.mediafire.com/?dokxoddd5ugzfxy

Edited by Mysterious X

I just saw on the model resource site a metal sonic model from sonic 4 eps 2 pc i downloaded it and i saw a txt file opend it and it sayes 

This model was manually rigged, using the bone structure extracted from the original ZNO model file 

extracted from the original ZNO model file  so if anyone can find out how did he do it we could get a model hack

First things first, you need a zno extractor (if zno is archive file type) if not then we need a plug-in that opens zno model files in model editors.

@hellofahedgehog can you tell me what are the files for 1 the color of the h.a stream 2 the color for the spin dash 3 color for the jump

i made a dark super sonic mod and i want to change them into black and i forget to ask about the chaos emeralds color i want to make them nerly black

I'm not sure if hellofahedgehog has an account in this forum, haven't seen him around.

But I can help, it's not very hard if you ask me, since PLY stands for player (I think) then EFF stands for effect.

Go to the game's directory, G_COM folder --> EFF folder --> EP2_EFF_CMN.AMB --> EFF_CMN_TEX.AMB.

You'll find them under the name SPINsomething, both normal and super.

I don't think I'll help out more than this, I don't give up my effort and time of searching just so easily, but I want to see more mods where the modified Sonic's Spin isn't always blue!

I see you did a good job, the eyes look perfect, the spin is nice.

But if you ask me, Dark Sonic should be dark blue, really dark blue that is hard to notice.

Edited by Mysterious X

Thanks Your Mod Is Really Cool But If You Want My Opinion I Think You Should Make Sonic's Eye Red So It Looks Like a Real Evil Sonic

I was thinking that Evil Sonic was a robot created by Eggman who turned against him and against everyone else in the end, so I didn't want any change other than the skin color, Super Evil Sonic has red eyes.

Oh and, you're welcome, if you need some tips I'll try my best to help.

By the way did you try the Silver Sonic MK II mod?

Oh In That case Ok and No Actually Not Yet I'm Downloading it right Now 

By the way I recommend you to use Mediafire.com its Better than 4shared (in my opinion)

Edit: Just Finished testing it Its Perfect But Just One Thing If you Could Make The Eye Completely yellow Instaed  of Coloring the Eye With the lines around details so if you made it completely White And Colored It yellow it will look better but the Size Will be Not the same so if you'er Using Paint(dot)net to Edit the dds Files you Can Change the Settings in the window that pops up when you are about to save so it stays the same size like i did in Dark Super Sonic Mod (just an opinion Not an Orderhappy.png

Edited by ETHEHEDGEHOG

They were all yellow at first, but they looked so bright and yellowish, just not realistic. Also, I tried to make his eyes striped but it was almost impossible, because since his eyeballs were black, the eyeball texture was too small, really tiny, so I found that this was the best result.

I don't like to edit textures with Paint.NET, but I use it to save them to the right size, I use DarkspineSilver1's tutorial in the previous page.

Since I already have GIMP and love it so much.

And about 4shared, last year or even earlier it required having an account to download files, so I signed up, that's why I uploaded it to 4shared temporarily, I personally prefer MediaFire too, I actually created an account yesterday and later I'll be adding my files to it. x)

Anyway, I hope you like what I did to the life monitor and the goal panel! xP

Edited by Mysterious X

I was just wondering ; are you able to swap around the music for Episode 2 on Android in the same way you could for Episode 1?

I haven't tried swapping sound files yet so I can't help.

Everyone seems to have abandoned this topic, so if you know someone who can help you with this, send them a private message.

I would appreciate if anyone would make these flares invisible (I already got invisible character and capsule models). That's the only thing left and then I will capture that cutscene to use for GMV making.

sonic2012102617173742mp.jpg

Edited by ArtFenix

Seems like a good idea to add mods into sonic 4. It does improve on how people don't like it so far and to change their minds or something which is like that

Thank you very much man! I'll check if it removed the things I mentioned. If everything is indeed removed, that will make it one awesome cutscene to use in my works! I'll say if it works later.

Oookay, take your time.

There's actually some slight smoke that I couldn't remove in the pod's trail, but it's very slight that it won't mess up your video (it may look like some spacial gases), actually if you reduce the video quality it could be hardly noticeably. As for the flares that you mentioned, the pod's jet fire trail, I got it done. (Along with Metal Sonic's jet pack trail as well.)

Good luck with your videos. happy.png

Edited by Mysterious X
  • Thumbs Up 1