Awoo.

30 Days of Video Games

Sami

Last Day: Most Recently Purchased Game

Soul-Calibur-5_thumb.png

Ohhh, what a way to end it, talking about this thing.

I'm kind of a fan of the Soul Calibur games, despite how DUMB and frustrating they can be. I got into it when Link was in Soul Calibur 2 for the Gamecube and it's a pretty fun series. Never been online with this one yet, but I usually only play the local mulitplayer anyway. Sometimes it's really fun to just hit the random button and play a bunch of battles.

In fighting games I usually choose to play characters based on how much I like their design, so in this series I usually pick Yoshimitsu and Dampierre.

350px-4ec2549259f09.jpg300px-Dampierre.jpg

A crazy-ass old masked ninja and a con-man with hidden daggers. I actually got my copy of the game at Best Buy to save money and not have to buy Dampierre later, and let me tell you, he's freaking INSANE. Far as I can tell he's not very good, but he's hard to read and there's a lot of luck to playing him.

Game's not perfect, though. Like all Soul Calibur games it can get kind of button-mashy at points, which is especially frustrating if you've got a character who can't get away with that. And you know how in, say, Street Fighter, it's easy to tell what attacks need to be blocked high and low? That's not always the case here. And fuck the Legendary Souls AI to hell. Cheap input-reading piece of crap.

But overall, I've been having fun with the game. It could use more content, but I got my money out of it.

...Well that's that. I've done all 30 of these. I actually really enjoyed this because it made me really stop and think about the stuff I like, as well as why. That and I had a lot of fun reading these replies. The forums should do stuff like this more often.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm sort of a collector and I'm itching to have a legitimate Dreamcast version of Sonic Adventure... So I ordered this last week:

P1030605.JPG

It's pretty much the final release of Sonic Adventure on a Japanese disc with some extra bugfixes. The ultimate version of the game, pretty much. I can't wait to play.

Last game I purchased that I hadn't already played through beforehand?

ps3_batman_aa_goty_noglasses.png

I got this on Boxing Day. I still haven't really played it at all due to being busy but I'm really excited to play it seeing as I love Batman and I love good video games. I usually get multiplats that aren't 2D on 360 but I wanted to play the exclusive content. I'll probably be getting the Wii U version of the sequel.

I don't know what else to say here, but I really enjoyed this and I'm looking forward to similar events in the future. I'm pretty happy I managed to squeeze in all thirty days.

Day 30: Most Recently Purchased Game

SoulcaliburV.png

Soul Calibur V

Soul Calibur V is one of those fighting games I actually understand, along with Mortal Kombat 9. As in, you aren't always multitasking everything while SHIT FLIES AROUND YOU EVERYWHERE AT 10000 MPH, thank you Marvel vs Capcom. It's smooth and it moves at a pace that I can keep up with, plus, you can legitimately play this game without one of those fancy-shmancy arcade stick gizmo things. So I really like this game for that.

Though, this game is really lacking in single player content, you have a story mode, which isn't all that entertaining. The cutscenes in particular are mostly storyboards, and it didn't last long. I want my Weapons Master Mode from SCII back. Other than that, you have Arcade, and Legendary Souls. Legendary Souls is pretty much just Hard Mode+, while Arcade is your standard "beat 6 opponents" affair. The online is considerably better than Soul Calibur IV, which isn't really saying much at all. You'll still get god-awful laggy as all hell fights every now and then.

I enjoyed the cast of characters for the most part, but some of my favorites from SCIV (like that scythe guy) are missing. Ezio in particular is pretty fun to use, and he's easy to get a hang of. Play defensively, get away from the opponent, crossbow shenanigans, let them come to you, repeat. The game apparently has some balancing issues, but it's all good fun. If you feel like it, you can make your own characters with the character creator. I've made Nathan Drake (Uncharted), Groose (LoZ: Skyward Sword), Roxas (Kingdom Hearts), Dante (Devil May Cry), Godot (Ace Attorney), and War (Darksiders) with it. It's pretty flexible, and a bit more in-depth than Soul Calibur IV's.

The music is pretty nice too. You can never beat the original, but Soul Calibur V's mix of Venice Rooftops from Assassin's Creed II is still pretty damn good.

All in all, it's a pretty good game, but the single player content is lacking in both substance and quality.

Khrecodedbox.jpg

Kingdom Hearts: Re:coded has been on my list of games to get for quite some time, and it was on sale at Walmart for $15 for a few days, so I went for it. Needlessly to say, I was very happy with the product. The gameplay and battle system is a whole lot more streamlined and smoother than 356/2 Days and the story is great. I also really love how each worlds final boss has different gameplay styles to them (Excluding the 1st, Hallow Bastion, and Castle Oblivion). I didn't enjoy Olympus Coliseum after 30 layers though :V. I'm also very excited for DDD, so it's good that I got this before it as it's pretty much the prequel.

Day #30 (Final Day) - Kami's Moderately Budgetted "Ninjashark can't even afford the pirated version even if he tried selling his body (which noone would want)" Most Recent Purchase

This one's pretty dang easy, since I just went out today and got the 3DS version of Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games (damn those titles get long).

mario-sonic-london-2012-olympics-3ds.jpg

So far I'm enjoying it, the story's pretty fun to play along to (with some nice comical moments between the characters and stuff), and while they take some getting used to, the events all seem to be pretty nicely designed. So it's all pretty enjoyable. I do find the new character categories a bit confusing after sticking with the set up they had in the last five releases, but it's nothing too major.

My other most recent purchases would be Sonic Generations, Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7, and Sonic CD.

• Thumbs Up 1

Day 30 - Most recent game you've purchased

Ohoho, going out with a....bang? I guess?

256px-Half-Life_Cover_Art.jpg

HALF-LIFE - FUN STORY TIME. So I was trying a demo of a game called Painkiller on my horrible, crappy, game un-friendly PC. It was a little slow, but it worked. So I thought "Well, if my horrible, crappy, game un-friendly PC can play that relatively well, then Half-Life 1 should be no problem!" So I gave it a download on Steam. I was wrong. Didn't run. Wasted 10 bucks on a game I can't play. Yeah. This is why every game should have a demo. It's also why I should get a better PC. It's also why Valve needs to stop taking a crap on Mac users.

....And with that, the challenge is over for me! DIDN'T MISS A DAY! It's been fun. I say this calls for a recap of my highlights!

-Sonic is awesome

-Super Metroid is God

-Portal 2 is Jesus

-Metroid: Other M is Satan

-You people need to stop ignoring Rocket Knight Adventures

I think that sums up everything pretty well.

• Thumbs Up 1

Day 30 - Most Recent Game You've Purchased

And now to post my Day 30: Best ending to a game! .. .. oh it's not that... right... ok... not a problem...

Well... The irony here is that after I made my post yesterday, I bought a copy of Quest for the Holy Grail... but since I just wrote about that one... lets see, the last game I actually bought myself would be this one...

Shadows of the Damned

Shadows of the damned is an over the shoulder 3rd person shooter which sees you as the role of Garcia Hotspur who happens to be a Demon Hunter, however, the lord of the demons has had enough of Garcia slaying his minions, so he kills/kidnaps his girlfriend and takes her to the underworld. Garcia and his demon buddy 'Johnson' head to the underworld to bring her back.

Shadows-of-the-Damned-Act5_Crazy-image5-1152x648.jpg

But nothing is quite as it seems, as you progress through the story you begin to learn that your girlfriend isn't all what she seems, is she a demon herself? Was she a famous demon huntress? Was she ever real to begin with? You're never quite sure until the very end of the game.

The ending itself is very clever, it's not until the end credits do you realise the futility of Garcia's mission and how the whole quest was doomed from the start... even though he finds his girl alive.

I won't spoil it for you, but all is never as it seems in this game.

shadows-of-the-damned-zwiastun-johnson_4b7u.jpg

Garcia Hotspur. Died wearing a purple jacket --- A tombstone you find in the game.

Johnson is your companion in the game who is also a demon, but he happens to be able to transform into a flaming torch and several weapons, and the weapons are quite awesome! He also helps provide a bit of backstory as he's ask Garcia questions about himself and his girlfriend, but because he's a demon himself he can also provide insight into the world you're exploring, not to mention he's got some quite funny dialogue too.

TakeThis_656x369.jpg

The atmosphere and lighting effects in Shadows are exceptionally errie, you really do feel like you're in another world instead of 'random village which has got demons in it.' Some of the designs are quite strange too, such as a goats head with candles sticking out of it, hit this with a 'light shot' and it'll turn into a rather handy light which is vital to defeating enemies. But even with the lights on, it still has an otherworldly feel to it, nothing says 'this is the human world with demons in it' it feels like the land of the demons.

SotD%20-%20Picture%205.jpg

The game also throws surprises your way too, at one point you play through a flying side scrolling type level which even has it's own boss at the end, it's a pretty cool level which does require a little thought instead of hold down the fire button and move to avoid bullets. One other stage involves you running through 'the darkness' as it slowly kills you, until you make it to the light.

shadows-of-the-damned-scr2.jpg

The monsters here range from your typical demon who isn't too hard, to armored demons and even giant monsters who take a lot to go down, fights are fun and sometimes quite intense.

Do you want a game thats amazing. One thats got a lot of good reviews? One thats fun and has a really unique feel to it?

Large%20Image.jpg?p=100106_01:39

Do you want an experience that you make you go like this man?

Then you need to buys this game! EMPTY THE WALLETS! Throw your money at the man in the videogame store and say "I say! Give me the shadows of the dammned!" And then he'll say...

No...

And then you'll say... why?

And then you'll find out... the game sadly didn't sell very well and was discontinued shortly after it's release, despite it being one of the best games of 2011 it just didn't sell, so, EA effectively killed it. It's very hard to find a copy of this in the shops right now, plenty online... so buy them... BUY THEM NOW!

bscap0035.jpg

Can you not see I'm serious! BUY SHADOWS OF THE DAMNED! It's bloody good!

Buy it... Damn you!

Edited by Hogfather
  • Thumbs Up 3

Day 30 Gravity Rush/Daze......and Skyrim

gravity-rush-20111122101812139.jpg

Yes, I have bought this game, and no I don't have a Vita yet. Let me explain, I pre-ordered the game two days ago so I wouldn't have to worry about it later when it comes out.

So no, while I haven't played nor even held the game in my hand, it is technically the most recent game I have purchased. Sorry Carbo but this counts.

/loophole exposed.

I guess I'll talk about.....the game? It's a cool game for the PS Vita where you can control your gravity by maneuvering yourself in mid air to walk on buildings or on the ceilings/walls and what not. Funny enough, I barely know about the story, however, I have seen many gameplay videos/previews online to see that it is most definitely a game I will enjoy. And when I actually get the Vita, I can download the demo and try it out myself, that way if I don't like it, I can cancel my pre-order.

Let the Gravity Rush begin!!!!

....Once I get my Vita in a week or two.

EDIT: Well since "certain people" in the Skype chat *coughFlamecoughRawrcough* don't think this post counts, I'll also name the other most recent game I've purchased.

skyrim1.jpg

ADVENTURE AWAITS, IN ZEE LAND OF SKYRIM!!!!

Skyrim is so orgasmic. The sheer amount of things I'm able to do in the world is amazing, yet the fun is always in-spontaneous. You never know what to expect in Skyrim, may it be Dragons, Ogres, the undead, and what not. Also the magic/rpg elements of the game (Fire.Ice, Electricity, Invisibility, and what not) makes the game challenging and fun to fight off tons of evil wards with magic.

Explore to your hearts content, in what seems to be a never-ending land. Thankfully the game isn't hollow and has plenty of townsfolk/witches/Spiders/Guards to keep you busy. The thing I have a problem with though, is my ability to get distracted pretty easily within the game.

"Gotta deliver a potion? No problem. Oh look, a cave! Lemme go inside, ooh Witches and Spiders! Slaying time! Now to- hey there's an ogre! Aw shit he's too powerful, lemme escape by running into the forest. Oh great now I'm lost, oh but there's a camp settlement! Cool, let me grab a horse and- wait why are wolves and bears attacking? Oh god! I need to escape, quick I need to use invisibility. Okay good I'm almost away...and I MADE IT! Now what was I suppose to be doing again? Something about a scroll or some rubbish...."

I give Skyrim a 10/10. Haven't had this much fun with a game in years.

Edited by Mike Dawson
  • Thumbs Up 1

DAY 30- MOST RECENT GAME PURCHASE

Well, it's been a fun ride guys. Last vidya purchase?

113841_25deus600.jpg

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

I never asked for this. But goddamn, It feels so good. Never have I played a game with such choice and freedom like it. The many multiple choices you can complete a mission are fantastic, especially when it comes to conversations and communicating with other characters.

Example. Dude has hostage, now you could run in there and blast him blam bippity bop, and lose any valuable info, or you could reason with him, getting valuable info and the hostage sage. It doesn't sound impressive, but just the scope of how deep conversations can get, is incredible, say the right things and you can be rewarded immensely.

Oh yeah, I haven't even got to upgrading, it's in-depth but simplistic, and some of them are just badass period. Punching through walls, hacking augmentations, invisibility, etc. Creating your own super Jensen is such fun. Oh yeah, and many of the sidequests are so addicting that I find myself getting sidetracked from the main storyline just to complete each and everyone of them.

Add a fan-fucking-tastic storyline, one that is constantly shaped by whatever in addition to absolutely amazing voice acting, you've got a unique and fun as hell action-rpg.

I don't think I nearly described how amazing this game is, take a look at some gameplay, it shows off how indepth the multi-path gameplay is.

• Thumbs Up 2

Day #30 - Most Recent Game You've Purchased

I wish my answer was Catherine, but GAME lured me into something else with the promise of free stationary...

mario-sonic-london-2012-olympics-3ds.jpg

But you know what? It's turned out to be a lot more fun than I thought it would be, and I've caught myself playing a lot of it these past few days.

Yeah, in a lot of ways it's a huge step backwards (limiting the character selection is absolutely ridiculous and there's no excuse) and there's some horrible games crammed in there, but it's a lot more enjoyable than it's Wii counterpart for one reason: the story. It's not an epic tale by any means, but it's a charming little story with some pretty looking cutscenes and the main reason I've been playing around with it so much... although it does feel pretty confined in that you go to cutscene to cutscene automatically and don't get a chance to explore the city yourself. Just feels like a lot of potential went to waste, especially as they went to the trouble of making use of all the big landmarks.

Oh yeah, and one thing I must mention.. the soundtrack is actually amazing. I love it.

The actual events are a bit of a mixed bag. Some of them range from horrible to downright ridiculous (I can make myself look silly enough without roaring at my 3DS thanks... and who thought it was clever to represent a marathon by grabbing a bottle of water?). But most of them are fun enough, if very, very short. I knew we weren't going to get anything too fleshed out, but it kind of reminded me of WarioWare more than anything.

For a game I wasn't expecting much out of, it has been loads of fun. Could have been quite epic if they'd gone to the extra effort though, and the fact its on the 3DS and missing features that the previous titles had just feels pretty lame.

Day 28: HEY SOCKS YOU'VE ONLY DONE FOUR DAYS YOU LAZY SACKASHIT

Well, you know what they say: 'better to kiss my own ass than finish in last', right? (justkiddingijustmadethatup)

And I won't be finishing in last.

No.

I shall be finishing in something much, much better.

Sock Place.

Which is significantly higher up than last place.

WELP, ANYWAYS, LET'S GET STARTED

Rayman Origins

rayman-origins-characters-artwork-640x325.jpg

Let's Comic Sans dis bitch.

WELL, Rayman Origins was my last purchase. It's pros are pretty well-known, and I don't feel much of a need to splooge it's praises, so let's go over some quick facts of why RO is so dead sexy.

-Beautifully drawn painting-like graphics, with a batshit insane art style, one of the biggest selling points.

-Flowing gameplay, great level flow and gimmicks, and a great sense of momentum when you're on a roll.

-The multiplayer is practically the best thing about this game, slapping the stuffing out of your friends, while using them as extra lives for the Tricky Treasure challenges; this is the best multiplayer experience I've had in a long time.

-aaaaaand that's about it. You should probably go buy it or something.

SOCK PLACE, BITCHEZZZZZ

TULTA MUNILLE

EDIT: Forum: "Hey, since we hate SockDrawer, let's mess up his final submission without any way of fixng those stupid gaps!" "OKAY"

Edited by SockDrawer
  • Thumbs Up 5

Day 30: Most Recent Purchase

So the last day has finally arrived...hehe, I'm going to enjoy this.

FF13-2-Box-Art.jpg

You know, I don't think of myself as being very hard to please when it comes to video games. I know a pile of crap when I smell it, but I have played no (new) games in recent memory that I haven't at least liked. Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode I and Metroid: Other M, while I can admit they had their flaws, gave me plenty of enjoyment, and for my money, the original Final Fantasy XIII was brilliant with only a few issues holding it back from being a masterpiece (yes, I have called it a masterpiece many a time on here, but it was more or less an exaggeration for the sake of humor). With that in mind, we have Final Fantasy XIII-2, the sequel to the latter game. Given that I enjoyed XIII and was fairly pleased with the demo, I decided to preorder it. As in, I spent a full sixty dollars for it before it was even released at retail.

This just might be the biggest mistake I have made as a gamer.

Okay, so why does Final Fantasy XIII-2, a game that was made specifically for the purpose of righting XIII's wrongs, end up being so much worse than the prequel? Well, for one thing, the "exploration" they added in is either barely there or boring and insubstantial (yes, I enjoyed the demo, but I'll address that in a bit). Some areas are made so that they encourage exploration, but there is almost nothing of interest in them. There may be the occasional treasure orb hovering around somewhere, but I'd prefer not to walk miles just to get it. There are "puzzles" at some points, but they're so insultingly easy that a three-year-old could solve them. There are also "side quests", but they all just boil down to boring, tedious, horrible fetch quests that make Twilight Princess' Tears of Light quests look engaging. NPC interaction is pretty insubstantial as well, especially when compared to previous games. Oh, and if you hated the lack of towns in XIII, you'll still be SOL here. I've only encountered one so far, and it was very early on in the game. Oh, and a lot of areas in the ten hours I've played of it don't even have any sort of exploration - just a few walkways leading to items that it's trying to pretend is interesting. For a game that is almost advertising itself on the amount of exploration it has when compared to its prequel, this is a sin.

And you know what? This is coming from someone who didn't even care that XIII was linear, though looking back, that was mainly because I thought it worked for the progression of the story (which I loved). Take that away and I would have hated it as much as everyone else. Which brings me to XIII-2's storyline. Of course, I'm only about ten hours in, so I can't judge it fully, but what I've seen so far is absolute tripe. The storyline itself is actually built on an obnoxious retcon to a perfectly good ending, and every idea and concept it has introduced has induced much eye-rolling on my end. A lot of people even tell me that the ending pretty much makes everything you've done pointless...which scares me, to say the least. Ohoho, and don't forget about the characters! You know, as much as a lot of people will disagree, I really liked the characters in XIII. In XIII-2, the only character whose head I don't want to put a bullet through is Noel. Serah is completely vapid and bland, Mog makes Navi look inoffensive by comparison, and - UGGHHH - this chick (no pun intended)...

2074924-ff132_large.png

If I hear her speak one more time, I may just put a bullet through my own head.

Oh! Oh yeah! Can't forget the random encounters! Yeah, see, neither Final Fantasy XII nor Final Fantasy XIII had random encounters because it was an outdated mechanic. This made me happy, since it was one of my pet peeves with the older games. XIII-2 brings them back, except this time they're even more obnoxious because the enemies actually spawn on top of you. Why did Square go and ruin a perfectly good thing?! Oh, not to mention that all of the enemies - all of them - are the exact same ones fought in XIII right down to the strategies.

Even the aesthetics of Final Fantasy XIII-2 are worse than those of its predecessor. The environments don't look as good and the framerate is awful, and the soundtrack makes my ears bleed. Pretty much the only fun thing about Final Fantasy XIII-2 is its battle system...which is exactly the same as the one from XIII.

As for why I enjoyed the demo but hate the actual game...well, there are three reasons, I think. For one, when I played the demo, I thought it was only a taste of what the whole game would be like. I could definitely tell that they were trying to add more depth to it and I thought that the side quests, NPC interaction, and puzzles would all be expanded upon and become more substantial as I went on in the game. Well, ten hours in and it's all exactly the same as it was in the demo, and I doubt things will change. For another, I couldn't tell how bad the story was going to be from the demo, and for another, I went and played Final Fantasy IX afterwards, which I'm sure raised my standards as to what exactly exploration in a Final Fantasy game should be like.

So...yeah, so far it seems pretty bad and I don't see it getting any better. I'm going to finish it, though. After all, I paid full price for this piece of crap...

Nice note to end things on, amirite? Well, anyway, it's been fun, gaiz. Stay classy. ;D

• Thumbs Up 1

TIME TO END THIS WITH A GRAND FINALE WORTHY OF THE 30 DAYS THREAD, AND PHANTOMIME'S FINAL PICK.

2062201-box_raymano_large.png

I. LOVE. THIS. GAME. If you haven't been reading this thread, I gushed quite a bit on how much I adore this game's everything.

It's got style. Just look at that art.RaymanOrigins_PreE3_HD_Boss.jpg

I dare you to look at me with a straight face and tell me that those aren't some of the best looking graphics EVER.

It's even better in motion.

The levels run and flow so smoothly, it's like oil running down a flawless slide of butter.

Above: A perfect example.

The levels are ALL fun and awesome in their own way, even the slippy ice and normally awful desert levels. LET ME REPEAT. THEY MADE. A DESERT LEVEL. MY TOP PICK FOR MOST HATED LEVEL TYPE. FUN.

Give the creators of this game some money already.

Seriously.

So yeah also in case you didn't notice this whole world is just completely brought to LIFE, and I love it.

So yeah, Rayman's hard as hell and fun incarnate, and I'm glad to end my 30 posts about video games with one that truly stands out from the rest.

Phantomime, signing out!

Edited by Phantomime
  • Thumbs Up 2

The LAST Day - WHATS YO RECENTLY BOUGHT VIDYA

I guess I kinda know what to put now.

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

(LIMITED EDITION w/ Orchestrated Zelda Tracks

and a Golden Wii Remote Plus) - Nintendo EAD3

zelda.jpeg

Okay. I had to pre-order three because my friends wanted also, but then again, Zelda is somthing to behold. I mean, it is one of my three favorite franchises that are not Pokémon or Sonic, Also, this is the first time I am seriously playing Zelda, along with become that much of a hardcore fan. I sure hope to god I get to finish this before July, because quite frankly, I'm having too much FUN with this thing! :D

So..the last day has finally arrived...I think I might shed a tear.

My most recent purchase would be Sonic Generations. A game that truly shows just how far the blue blur has come along! One of the best games in the series in my opinion! The graphic are great and the controls superb!

And hopefully soon I will be purchasing Uncharted 1 and 2 as well as FF XIII.

catherine360cover_120410.jpg

I picked this up a couple of weeks ago. It's quite a good game, as far as I can tell, but I haven't made much progress in it yet. I wish I could chalk that up to a lack of free time or something, but the real issue is mostly that I'm awful at puzzle games and I was too proud for a while to give in and play the game on easy. And, uh, there was that one time when I lost about two hours' worth of progress when I brushed my 360's power switch with my elbow. My fault for not saving, I know, but I wasn't too eager to get back into the game for a while after that.

Day 30: Most recent addition to your vidja game collection:

Tales of the Abyss (3DS)

It looked cool, and I already played Tales of Eternia and Symphonia, plus my friend was gushing about the PS2 version, so I figured "Why not"? I had store credit where I bought it, due to buying some faulty stuff that I returned, so yeah. xD

(Wuh, I don't have a lot to say, I haven't really played it yet!)

Day 30: Most Recent Purchase

For some weird reason, this game doesn't get talked about a lot. I don't know why, because it's a really good game. The battle system is unique and fun, it get's challenging pretty fast, it has 40 levels, 3 survival challenges (First one is a 30-Thug Challenge, second is a 50-Thug Challenge and the final one is a 100-Thug challenge), after you beat the main game you unlock a hard mode (3 hearts, enemies are tougher, more enemies, etc), and it's only 7 dollars. I didn't even mention that there are mini-games you can play to upgrade your sword, which enhances your special attack.

But I guess the fact that this game didn't get many trailers, or coverage in general, is the reason why no one really talks about this since no one really knows that is exists.

Edited by Red Cap-Blue Spikes
  • Thumbs Up 1

Last day? Already? SSMB, I am disappoint. BUT, I had fun while it lasted (if we ever do something like this again, I'm going to have to start from Day 1 wink.png), let's make this last post count indeed.

GoldenLink: Snowboard Kids got a DS sequel. I haven't played it myself, but it doesn't looks as good:

From what I've heard on GameFAQs, the game's art-style was changed for one with realistic anime-like characters instead of the cartoony exaggerated noses and hair for 1 and 2's cartoony style. I think they also pretty much abandoned everything that made 1 and 2 so awesome (even the previous cast from 1 and 2) so I kinda assumed that Atlus abandoned the series when this game didn't do well sad.png but I'd love to see a 3DS Sequel/Remake ala Starfox 64 3D and see how that turns out.

Day 30 - Most Recent Game You've Purchased

My most recent purchased game (a Christmas present from me to me :3) is one that many gamers hold in their hearts to this very day.

goldeneye007.jpgHell yes.

It was revolutionary in it's day and if you ask me, considering that I'm playing it for the first time ever, I have to say it holds up surprisingly well! The Gunplay (aka, shooting people in the face gives you a good amount of feedback and feels good), level design, controls (1.2 of course), music and that high replayability (I swear I've lost track on how many times I've played through Dam, Facility and Silo since I've got this game...), it's all so well executed...none other than Rareware of course.

This game is nearly everything I loved about Perfect Dark and having recently beat it on Agent, I plan to start a second playthrough on Special Agent I'm currently stuck on Control Center on Secret Agent (I hate this bloody level with it's cheap bloody turrets and it's stupid never bloody ending respawning enemies and it's luck based escort bloody mission....BLOODY! angry.png) and I'm planning on beating the game again on 007 Agent (just like Perfect Dark's Agent, Special Agent and Perfect Agent).

My only complaints I have to say is though, is that the difficulty tends to rely on respawning enemies zerg rushing you and Natalya and respawning enemies become absolutely absurd on higher levels to the point when enemies spawn right next to me RIGHT AFTER I UNPAUSE THE FREAKING GAME! You know those games when enemies respawn the minute you look away? This is the closest damn thing you're going to get to it in a FPS bar Metroid Prime.

inb4 Metroid Prime is a First Person Adventure, GoldenLink64, you twit!

I also had a few Guide Dang It moments during certain missions like not knowing how to attach the modem converter or something in Dam's 007 Difficulty (luckily, one of the game's demos shows you how to do specific objectives like this, which is cool) and trying to navigate my way through the confusingly monotonous (for lack of a better word) snow levels... I also don't like how you can't shoot after receiving damage/being shot for a whole second, which is EXTREMELY frustrating during intense firefights on higher difficulties (I'm glad they fixed this in PD).

Unfortunately, the multiplayer doesn't have bots like Perfect Dark and Timesplitters and I don't have too many people nearby to deathmatch that often (the people who DO come by unfortunately, would rather play Call of Duty or Halo instead...Bah, screw your regenerating shields and load outs, this game's a classic!) so I can't really play it that much, but I'll forgive GE for that, seeing as to how MP was originally an afterthought. The few matches of MP I was able to play WERE fun though, (Bunker is one HELL of a MP map. Rareware, are you SURE Multiplayer was an afterthought?!).

I can't give a rating yet (because I don't consider the game finished until I beat all difficulties or get stuck on a level on 007 mode like I did on PD's Perfect Agent), but I have to say, this game is MILES better than that Reimaging Call of Duty "GoldenEye Reloaded" rubbish on the Wii, 360, and PS3... I can probably say that this is one of the best games I got for this Christmas (and I'm comparing this to 360 games I got like Halo 3 and Gears 1-2, so I think that says a lot...)

Final Note: I have to say, this 30 Days topic was awesome. I found out about a bunch of games I never heard about that I definitely want to try out now like Omega Blast, Segagaga, and that Bullet Hell Touhou-like game with Alcohol... (I forget what it's called and the installer is in Japanese so I can't read the name XD). Hell, I didn't even know Mischief Makers was MADE by freaking Treasure, I'm definitely going to pay more attention to that game now too.

Sonic-Generations-PC-Box-Art-215x300.jpg

Pretty sure this is my most recent title, Sonic Generations (PC).

Yes, it was for the Mods, yes, I will to have to get my laptop some extra ram but it's worth is to play this amazing game on my laptop (Which I take pretty much everywhere). It was the boxed version, while some areas run laggy (ranging from not noticable to unplayable), others really smooth. I love the experience of playing through all of Generations again.

I hope we can do another event like this in the future! :D

Hmm, most recent game I've purchased?

That would be Persona 3, Portable. I finally got around to getting all the portable versions of the Persona games, as well as Devil Survivor. I can't believe I never played a Shin Megami Tensei game before Devil Survivor... they're just amazing games with such interesting stories, and they're rather difficult considering other recent rpgs I've played are simple in terms of difiiculty. I'm still working on Persona Portable, so I haven't actually played Persona 3 yet... but I thought I should buy it now since Atlus games are harder to find after their initial run.

I also bought a PS3 and the Sly Cooper Collection a couple weeks ago, which I'm thoroughly enjoying. I keep getting distracted by the Simpsons Arcade game that came out though (so much of my childhood).

The most recent game that I've actually purchased is this bad boy:

Scottpilgrimthegame.jpg

I've never read the Scott Pilgrim book series or have seen the movie, but this is a fantastic beat-em-up regardless. The amount of content in this game is simply astronomical. There are so many playable characters, moves, customizable elements, and unlockables, that you'll never run out of things to do. The core gameplay is also very addicting, so it's impossible to get bored. (Especially when you've beefed up your character enough that you can blast through the main game with ease.) My favorite character to play as is Knives, not only because of her extra ninja moves, but because I find her absolutely adorable. (That ending with her in a wedding dress made me HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG the entire way through. ^_^) All around, it's just a fantastic downloadable game that everyone should pick up. (You can't beat the $10 price tag!)

Edited by chaoscontrol14
  • Thumbs Up 3

The Legend of Rehash: Skyward Sword

skyward-sword-gb-cover.jpg

Super quick post because I have no time: Skyward Sword is like super awesome, great art style and probably the most fun gameplay in the series. Put Motion+ to fantastic use and really convinced me that motion controls can be heavily relied on without becoming a burden. Also it has those ballin' robots.

• Thumbs Up 2