Awoo.

30 Days of Video Games

Sami

Seeing as he got it in a bargain bin, it was probably cheaper. And he may not even have a PS3.

This is exactly my situation right now.

Oh why did my PS3 had to run off with some thieves? ;_____;

But don't mind me continue on posting guys. :P

Does an expansion pack count?

Costume-Quest-Xbox-PlayStation-Grubbins-On-Ice-300x287.jpg

With GAME currently undergoing financial difficulty, I felt it was time to cash in my reward points. I decided to buy a £5 PSN Code, because I'm skint. So, what was on PSN? Well, the expansion pack for Costume Quest. Might as well support Double Fine anyway I can.

It doesn't really change the formula from the full game, just adding 3 new costumes and a few extra battle stamps. The setting is also completely different, but the core of the game is near identical. An enjoyable way to spend 3 hours, and a decent epilogue for the characters.

If we're talking full retail games...Skyward Sword and the Team ICO Collection were gifts, so I have to go all the way back to Sonic Generations.

Sonic Generations, well, we all know about that. Not just a superb anniversery game, a superb game period. A great mix of Sonic's two distinctive styles, filled to the brim with wonderful nostalgia. Sonic's still got it.

• Thumbs Up 1

TJJSD.png

I waited years for this.

And in a matter of myself utilizing a loophole, this is a game I purchased just a day ago, but one I haven't actually gotten yet. International shipping be damned.

That said, I've rambled enough about this game in Day 28 as to why this title is one hell of a game from my experiences, and why I hope more people check this gem out. It's currently selling out in a lot of US outlets, and stands as top 2 in Amazon's most purchased games right now. Reviews are only just rolling in, and the reception is generally positive, with most of the criticism being it being "too old school" and not playing very much like an actual car game.

What the fuck are you guys playing Twisted Metal for, then?

Happy Valentines Day.

• Thumbs Up 1

Day 30 - Most recent game purchased

"JacKiE... i aM Your SALVATION!!"

"EMbRacE ThE DarkNesS!"

"ReCLaiM Me...or RisK LosINg JenNy FOREVER!!"

"MUtILaTE THEM!"

darkness2logo530px.jpg

This game is fucking great, play it now.

But Stay AwaY FroM The LiGHt!!

Edited by Samus Aran
  • Thumbs Up 2

Finally, I've just bought the simpsons arcade game. A fantastic side scrolling arcade beat em up from my childhood . I laughed so hard remembering all the good times. Thank you Konami and I bid you goodnight.

• Thumbs Up 1

ghosttrickphantomdetectn.jpg

Ghost Trick

And thanks to this very thread no less! Was totally great.

catherineps3.jpg

Catherine (Stray Sheep Edition) (PS3 Version)

Also including this because it's the most recent game bought in the household, though Mollfie actually paid for this one, lol. Loving it so far.

• Thumbs Up 4

PS3+God+of+War+Collection.jpg

I've always wanted to get around to playing these games but never got a chance to do so and with rumors of the fourth installment currently in production I decided to go ahead and try these games out. It wasn't until last week I got my hands on GOW collection and GOW 3. Haven't gotten a chance to play GOW 3 cuz you know I'm going in order but so far I'm enjoying the game. I like how its not all about fighting there are some puzzles that make you think a bit. The graphics are a bit eh you can tell this came was made last gen but it really doesn't take me out the experience. The story even though I'm not far in it seems okay Kratos is just always pissed off but dude has problems. But all and all this seems like a great series that I can really enjoy and see myself playing in the future.

The-World-EndsWith-You-personajes-3%5B4%5D.jpg

I almost forgot I started playing the world ends with you. Oh shit is this game fun, really love the gameplay and how you can level up by the different cloths you wear. Also with the pins you can wear if it's in style then you get higher damage when battling the noise. The music is good I, I like the whole techno hip hop feel to it. The whole style and art of the game I think is pretty cool, during cutscenes I love seeing the the different art for this game it looks very different. The story is entertaining I like neku how he's such an introvert and doesn't really like people or friends, plus he's a bit of a smart ass. Haven't finished this game either I'm on day 6 but damn is this game fun I hope square announces a squeal soon.

Edited by Filno CapBusta

FINALLY CIRCUMVENTED THAT STUPID PROBLEM I WAS HAVING WITH THE 3DS AND ME BEING IN CANADA AND BEING IN A SMALL TOWN THAT DOESN'T CARRY 3DS POINTS CARD AND NOT TAKING PREPAID VISA GIFT CARDS AUGHGG.

And read up that I can use a US points card if I switch my region to the US. So I ordered one online. Payed like an extra 5 dollars and whatnot but man...they didn't make that easy for me to find out =/. So with that said I loaded up 20 bucks on my 3DS and I am in the middle of purchasing right this very second.

large.jpg

and

20111118-042354.jpg?w=600

Both of which I have yet to play. But I just bought them now.

So I am pretty jazzed about that, since they both look amazing. ALSO BEWBZ.

• Thumbs Up 5

It's the final day, folks!

My most recent purchases were:

Tales of the Abyss 3D and The Jak & Daxter Collection

Both enhanced ports of games from the PS2, both great games from the PS2 in fact. The beginning of this year was pretty damn good for buying games. I also purchased FF XIII-2 and SoulCalibur V at the end of January. So many games in a short amount of time, and it's going to continue up until Xenoblade Chronicles in April!

Day 30: Most Recent Game I've purchased

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3

Got this one near Christmas or was it on Christmas?

Nothing I can really say other than this I guess, it is a fun fighting game and was 39,99 Euros at Media Market.

Edited by Tmsp

Well, this day should be obvious if you've even taken just a passing glance at the Upcoming Games topic;

459px-It%27s_a.jpg

Mario and Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games [3DS]

If you don't know about it, here's the jist of what went down during the release; game was pretty hyped due to the story, then reports came in of the game presentation choices and it's just been going downhill since then, with it's perk lying in the fact that the story is actually rather good. Some of the mini-games, though? The lack of exploration? The way the game limits characters playing the mini-games? Yeah, they're all pretty awful choices.

You know what though? It's been a fun ride. Not because of the game, but from the fact I've had the opportunity to report on it, and communicate my findings to the rest of the community. Mario and Sonic has been, for lack of a better term, my backbone throughout the years. I joined the Sega Forums in 2007 to post an article I'd found on it in a magazine and posted more little bits and bobs until its release. I was even more involved in Mario and Sonic at the Winter Olympic Games. I remember July 15th, the day when we got our first in-game footage via TSSZ and, after having played a marathon of Mario Kart Wii playing as various Koopa Troop members, recognising Bowser Jr's flag, pointing it out in a comment, and the character theories going just about kaputt. I also was able to go through the collectibles like a hurricane, being the first to confirm the Mii suits available (which caused some anger from those hoping for Rosalina somewhere. :P) and being one of the first to complete the game, period. I also managed to get some input in on the DS version.

I honestly thought that I'd be left out in the cold, this year, and that I'd have to find out all the info from everyone else, for both the WIi and 3DS versions. At first, that was pretty accurate, other people were finding some Mii suits before me, and they were just giving general impressions on the London Party mode. When info started drying up, however, I got desperate. I thought to myself "If they can't find those suits and those comments, maybe I can pick up the pace!" and went and tried every trick I could think of doing. This actually worked, and I got to be able to find various funny quotes other weren't reporting AND found every Mii costume available through various outside-the-box methods. My crappy photos of all 32 are the ones being shown on Super Mario Wiki and Sonic News Network, in fact.

For the 3DS version, I've been able to exposit everything I've found, and for the first time did so in a way that a reporter like Shadzter or Shigamodo might do (ie taking down a fuckton of notes and converting it into sentences). I put in the hours of trawling through medley events to dig up the nuggets that some people were curious in. I even went so far as to briefly look at the gameplay for events, and managed to drag a friend in to report back on the multiplayer!

So yes, despite the questionable quality, I've had a blast talking about all that shit.

Day 30 - Most Recent Purchase

Bastion

bastion-640x359.jpg

The Kid never thought he'd be playin' this before. Took him half a year ignoring it before a friend walked up to him, raving about some game called Bastion.

Looked like fun, so Kid got it just a couple days later. And the rest... is history.

Moving on...

It's a hack and slash game with some rpg elements. It may not have the best or most varied gameplay, but that doesn't really matter in the long run since the game seems pretty short. I'm probably at the climax right now at around 5 hours in. The weapons are varied enough, but some of them just aren't as good as the others. (Who would use the dueling pistols or the carbine?)

The music and graphics exceeded my expectations though. Things have an almost drawn and painted look to them. And the music, while sounding distinctly Arabian/Middle-Eastern at parts, mixes a whole bunch of other styles and instruments in. One of my favorite bits about the game is the interactive narrator. It's fun just to go around doing different things to see how he'll respond to them.

Overall, fun, but short. I'd recommend you try it if you like the genre, it's really well done.

So how'd I do, 24 out of 30? Not too bad at all.

• Thumbs Up 1

My most recent purchase (Back in December) was;

NIL_Zelda_Skyward_Sword.jpg

Truth be told I ain't really played it a lot =O Been attracted to the Xbox Marketplace release of Sonic CD and 3DS Sonic Generations. I WILL settle down and truly play through it. Only got to the first dungeon. I loved the extras though. The soundtrack was pretty awesome and I love the booklet with the art in it of various Link's (Fierce Deity Link art FTW!) and the that gold Wii Remote is now the one I primarily use.

Very entertaining so far, with what I think is the perfect graphical style for Zelda.

• Thumbs Up 1

The most recent game I've purchased is Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing (Xbox 360). After hearing several good things about the game, I decided to research it a bit and see some of it myself. I liked it after seeing some gameplay. A few weeks later, I bought the game and downloaded Metal Sonic the minute I put it into the Xbox 360. So far, I've finished the easy mode on the Grand Prix, and I'm currently working on Advanced mode. The two characters I use the most would be Sonic and Shadow, Shadow because his bike is my favorite vehicle so far, and Sonic because...he's Sonic, and I like Sonic. So yeah, good game so far, and this is my most recent game purchase.

The Final Day - Most Recent Purchase

8292.jpg

I don't have much to say here. I only played the game for about thirty minutes, and that was just yesterday. It definitely seems good, judging from the battle system and other people's recommendations.

For a game I actually have gotten to play, though:

396817_280990791955459_100001336202443_666667_532802339_n.jpg

I've been on a huge JRPG spree lately, playing Final Fantasy XIII (hate it, btdubs), Persona 3, Persona 4, and Chrono Trigger back to back; with Chrono Cross, Tales of Symphonia, and The World Ends With You after this one. I have to say, I'm very much enjoying it. With the exception of XIII, I loved all of them. JRPGs just have a very special sort of charm.

Final Fantasy IX is a game recommended to me by my friend pppp, who's a huge fan of classic Final Fantasy. Since it's his favorite Final Fantasy game, he wanted me to play it as soon as I could and bought me the game on PSN as a Christmas gift. Thanks, man. biggrin.png

For any fan of JRPGs, I wholeheartedly recommend it. I'm about 12 hours in now, and I'm loving every minute of it. The characters and plot of IX have a special charm to them that I've rarely seen in any games I've played, and it's something you really have to experience to fully appreciate.

As a PS1 game you can buy off of eBay or a $10 PSN purchase, FF IX is definitely worth your time.

Edited by Dissident
  • Thumbs Up 3

Oh this question is easy. Let me just look at my recent PayPal transactions...

GRRRREEEAAAAAUUUUUGHHHYYAAJLJWERNJGNLAWHYNO

Okay. No problem. This came out on the 19th, right? I bought Dustforce around that time. Let's see- oh damn it it was on the 17th.

Alright, alright! But I have a trump card up my sleeve. I snagged myself a copy of Brave Fencer Musashi on eBay as well! And that was... on the 16th.

What.

...God damn it, Carbo. You really got me this time. Maybe I have no choice but to cave in and mention Sonic.

But you know. It's funny. Kind of like how JezMM said earlier that the 30 days topic convinced him to buy Ghost Trick, this thread reminded me of a game I've been wanting to get my hands on for some time. Specifically, a game that only JezMM and DesertPunk brought up at any point. And I realized that I had this very same game in my eBay watch list for nearly a month now. And it was still there.

And with my chest high up, this morning, I proudly exclaimed, "FUCK SONIC," and clicked Buy It Now.

Day 30: Most recent video game purchase

dnbpnc.jpg

Haha! How do you like them apples. I've been wanting to get Mischief Makers for some time, especially knowing a few friends who enjoyed it. I am also a gigantic faggot for Treasure. Interestingly, gameplay comparisons have been drawn between this and Solatorobo. I imagine that Mischief Maker's is infinitely more engaging, due to it being, well, Treasure. It's been a while since I last purchased an N64 game (Paper Mario), so I'm hoping to make this one really count.

Alright. Fair's fair. I'll mention this one too just because it really was the last game I purchased before today.

2cfe8uq.jpg

I hate Sonic CD. But I love this remake. Like Tornado said, it fixes just about everything wrong with the original game (well except for the level design), making it something honestly worth my time and money. Just Tails alone made me want this badly, and I play as him almost exclusively these days. Having selectable soundtracks is awesome because I'll be damned if I am going to be playing this with the JP music as my only option, but using the 510 beta loops (and the Sonic the Hedgehog Boom extended bits for the US music) is fucking great, and totally unexpected. This is an example of the kind of re-releases Sega should be putting out, because nearly everything else in recent memory has been complete garbage, and this remake has everything everyone could have possibly wanted out of it.

• Thumbs Up 7

Sean I am jealous of you owning Mischief Makers.

Like I am ready to find you and shake it out of your posession so I can have it all to myself.

• Thumbs Up 4

SonicCDTQReview-600x378.jpg

Sonic CD - Taxman Version

I was extremely excited when this game was announced for digital download. I bought it the day it came out, and it's one of my favorites. That being said, I want to give a shout-out to The Taxman for making this awesome port possible. (Collision Chaos' boss and Wacky Workbench aside...)

I know it's not a very exciting way for me to wrap up the 30 Day's of Vidya, but sometimes the simplest post is the best, y'know?

Day 30 - Most Recently Purchased Game

Sonic-CD-600x300.jpg

I never got to play this game around the time that it came out because, even though I had a SEGA Genesis, I never had the expansion onto it that let me play the games on CDs. I never had any of the collections either like..Sonic Jams, I think? That had this game, so I basically had my first ever chance to be able to play it when it was released on Steam.

I constantly heard mixed reviews about this game, both that it was really good or just really overrated. Overall, I would say that I enjoyed the game a lot and I've already played through it three times! The new features that come along with this version of the game are really good too, including stuff like being able to change the graphics, music, and other little extras that are around the menu and stuff.

To me, it's pretty much just another standard classic Sonic game, like the first three. It follows the same basic formula of it all and I just see it as something fun to play through in my spare time. It's a pretty short game, but I guess I really can't complain considering the fact that the other classic titles are particularly lengthy or anything like that and the times back then and all.

Like I said, overall I think it's a fun game and pretty much a steal for the $5 that I got it at. Plus, buying it on Steam like that allowed me to be able to get a costume for another game I enjoy played called Spiral Knights, for free!

Page_banner_sonic.png

Aww yeah.

• Thumbs Up 1

Professor-Layton-Last-Specter-Logo.png

Bought it around Christmas time with my mom's money, and its definitely one of the best gaming experiences I've ever had. Basically the story is that a mysterious being called a Specter is terrorizing the village of Misthallery, terrifying its people, and wrecking the place. So Professor Layton recieves a strange letter from his old friend, Mayor Triton, and comes into town to investigate. I have to say that I adore this game. The main characters are incredibly likeable, and anyone who had the potential of being rather annoying were limited to small appearances. This is also my jumping on point into the series, seeing as it is the first game in the timeline (unless they want to step on a few eggshells and make a game without Luke), the story was wonderful, with enough twists and turns to keep you guessing what could happen next, and such touching moments. I also love the Little London mode, where you get to play a bit of a watered down animal crossing, though its lovable all the same.

Day 30 - Most recent purchase:

250px-OkamiNTSCcoverFinal.jpg

I MISSED YOU AMMY ;A;

*ahem* Yes, I recently repurchased Okami, but this time I bought the PS2 version. Just watching the opening cutscene reminded me how much I love this game o.o!

I hope to purchase the Sequel sometime ;w;

Oh, shoot. I forgot the second-last day. Oh well. I'll post it anyway.

29 - Most Obscure Title

Freestyle_scooter_dreamcast.jpg

I had the PlayStation version of this game. It was quite fun to play, just ignore the story (*cough*lame*cough*). The controls and the graphics were fairly simple, but the music was addictive and the number of tricks you could pull of was nice.

30 - Most Recent Purchased Game

Sonic-CD-600x300.jpg

Since I am not well versed in the classic Sonic games, I thought I would buy Sonic CD when it came out. I do like it so far, though I'm having trouble getting past Metal Sonic. Some of the level layouts and colours are kind of bazaar. Overall, from what I've played so far, I don't think it's quite as good as people keep saying it is. However, it is a good game and fun to play.

• Thumbs Up 1

MOST RECENTLY BOUGHT VIDYA

HaloCEA_boxart.png

HALO: COMBAT EVOLVED ANNIVERSARY (FUCK YEAH I DID ALL 30 DAYS BITCH)

I'll be honest, this is the first Halo game I've ever owned. I never owned the original Xbox. Nobody that I knew did. I didn't own an Xbox 360 until Christmas of 2010, and even then, FPS games weren't on the top of my list. Halo included.

And so, recently I picked up this little bugger, figuring, "Hey, may as well start with the first one." And so I bought it, and I've been playing it since then.

The game is essentially a remake of the original Halo: Combat Evolved, except with the press of a button you can switch to more updated graphics. For me, this is but a novelty, since I get no nostalgia out of a game I never played. The new graphics are great. Exactly what you'd expect out of Halo Reach or something.

The multiplayer is what I've been spending the most time with. It's a shared multiplayer with Halo Reach, and I don't know anything about that. The maps I have are cool, and I'm not half bad at multiplayer. There's a bunch of different modes that I don't understand (NOR COULD YOU UNDERSTAND [/dark queen])

The story is that of the first Halo, but it's all new to me. Basically you're Master Chief and you go to a planet and there's aliens and you kill them. That's as far as I've gotten.There's a lot of shooting and driving and doing stuff.

I'm sure that fans of the original Halo will enjoy this more than I am. That's not to say it isn't fun, I just feel like a lifelong Mario fan playing Sonic Generations as my first Sonic game.

Isn't this the last day? If so, thanks for all the cool posts and everything. It's been interesting to learn how much better I am than all of you.

Edited by A Match in Oil Ocean Zone

Day 30 - Last game I bought

Sonic 4 - Episode 1 [iOS version]

250px-Sonic_4_Logo.png

I let all the bad reviews and the bad things said about this get to me, and I didn't buy it for quite a while. However, I decided I should give it a shot. I decided to get the iOS version rather than the console versions. Lemme tell you, it isn't as bad as people claim to be. Sure the physics are different, but I still had fun with it. Homing attack was a fine addition in my opinion. The only thing that I hated the most was the timed special stages.

NEWEST ADDITION!!

blazblue_continuum_shift_extend_frontcover_large_x9uCm27I78gmWSN.jpg

BLAZBLUE: CONTINUUM SHIFT EXTEND

Well, I don't have it yet, but since I've already ordered it, I'm pretty sure it counts. Yep, next week, my first VITA title is gonna this beauty riiiiight here. I love BlazBlue, and I can't wait to get the (possibly) definitive version of CS. More balance changes, all the DLC characters, and last but not least, a new character! I can't wait to get my hands on it!

If that doesn't count, then it'll be:

the-king-of-fighters-xiii-walkthrough-artwork-646x752.jpg

THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIII

Best Fighting Game of 2011. 'Nuff said. Much improved over KOF XII. Great controls, very technical fighting system, and a varied cast of characters. Just...pure...awesomeness.