Awoo.

30 Days of Video Games

Sami

Day 28 - Most anticipated game

Hmm....well, there aren't many games I'm honestly that excited for as of late. Mainly because in order to be properly hyped up, I need to see video or screenshots, and my two most anticipated titles don't have those. But I'll talk about 'em anyway.

Super Smash Bros. IV - Why, WHY must they torture us with informing that the game is coming yet hasn't even started development? Waiting 2 years for Brawl was painful enough, and I'm sure this will take even longer. I am just dying to know more details. Good online? Custom music feature? Ridley playable? Better adventure mode? Larger stage list? Ridley playable?? This wait is seriously going to kill me. The possibility of cross-platform features between Wii U and 3DS, as well as a possibility of Capcom characters, intrigue me to no end. I'm actually a bit worried, because Brawl was so good, so packed to the brim with content that I'm not even sure they can outdo themselves in the next one. Nintendo, please. Relieve me of my worries. And make Ridley playable.

Close second:

Doom 4 - A game we know little about - hell, even less than SSB4. But I'm excited because to me, the original Doom games represent what FPS games SHOULD be, a stark contrast to what they are now. They had open levels with lots of exploration and secrets. The enemies were vivid and recognizable, with different forms of attacks. It had boss fights. The weapons were very fun to use, and instantly recognizable. The settings were awesome. The music was an awesome combination of creepy ambience and catchy rock tunes. The enemy projectiles acted like that of other games - in that you actually had to use skill to dodge them, rather than just get shot as soon as you stood out of cover. Now let's look at more modern FPSs. Point A-Point B area goals, with more set pieces than actual interesting level design. Enemies are all terrorists that are hard to tell apart, and they all do the same thing: shoot you and throw bombs. Bosses are rare. The weapons are swimming in a sea of complicated names and many of them aren't that different. The settings are usually just cities, forests, and other government base areas. The music....eh, depends on the game, but most of it isn't as recognizable as Doom's. The projectiles are all pretty much invisible bullets that hit you the moment you let your guard down. Point is, FPS games nowadays are so hell-bent on being realistic war simulators that they often forget they are supposed to be GAMES. Doom 1 and 2 didn't feel like they were trying to emulate a real experience. They felt like you were playing a game, and that's what made them fun. Even Doom 3 fell victim to alot of modern FPS mistakes. But I hold out hope that Doom 4 can bring back the classic feel of Doom 1 and 2, and hopefully lead FPS games on a path to becoming fun, varied games again.

Runner Up:

Pikmin 3 - I've only played the first one, but Pikmin is just a very creative game, and I love the art design and fun gameplay. The Wii U's tablet controller seems like it could hold some fun gameplay innovations for the series, something I can't say for every game. I'm not sure what it would do, but I bet Nintendo could think of something fun. On top of that, seeing a ton of varied creatures and locations in HD would be absolutely incredible for this series. Like my other 2 choices, we know very little about it other than the fact that it's coming, but I see no reason not to be excited for it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Twenty-Eighth: Most Anticipated Game

It's Mass Effect 3. No pictures, just a story.

After I got a new XBox 360 and subsequently lost all my old saves, I spent the better part of a month replaying the entirety of Mass Effect, doing EVERY SINGLE SIDEQUEST over a sixty-plus hour save. Then I imported the same character into Mass Effect 2, and then spent the better part of another month doing EVERY SINGLE SIDEQUEST PLUS DLC.

- I saved the Council, so they better get their heads out of their asses and do something about the Reapers this time. Wave your fingers at me one more time and I'll show you a finger of my own, Turian Councilor.

- I saved the Rachni Queen, and noted approvingly of the news of their starships and developments in MA2, so they'd better be manufactoring cowboy hats for their Big Damn Heroes moment.

- I saved the Genophage Cure...and kinda hope that one comes back to bite me in the ass, because Paragon Shepard is pretty naive about the Krogan issue. A lifespan of 1000 years and able to breed like rabbits? That's not very multicultural galaxy-compatible.

- I saved the brainwashed Geth, strengthening the collective of Nice Geth...because dammit Legion is so awesome I'll side with him over the cast of Dragon Age playing Quarian Admirals.

- I blew up the Collector Base, because Reaper technology is evil, gosh darn it. And Parashep has no time for your arguments that the Citadel, the Mass Relays, the awesome liquid metal gun we installed on the Normandy, and EDI are all based on Reaper technology, yet work just fine without brainwashing anybody. Again, some Paragon choices ought to have unforseen bad consequences.

- And I kept alive just about everyone I had the option to kill, both good and bad, just to see if they'd appear in the final part of the trilogy.

Am I excited? You bet your quad, I am!

• Thumbs Up 1

Tales of Graces F

I honestly don't have much to say about this game other than I'm glad it's being localized finally.

Previously, my most hyped game was Sonic Generations. Boy was that hype unwarranted.

Edited by Solkia

Day 28 - Most anticipated game

Click in spoilers for ponies (I'm serious), keep going down for a more "legit" answer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uYnBcwd4Os

MLP: Fighting is Magic.

Amateur fighting games, I must confess I really enjoy playing with whatever some people can come up with engines like MUGEN, but it's pretty rare to see something like a full fledged game come out of them (for various reasons, not only because of the developers).

What we see here is a game "in progress" made with Fighter Maker 2002 (an engine that I must confess, had no idea of it's existence previous to this game), while I was skeptical at first (since I found most of bronies attempts at gaming to be subpar or "just something that's fun for the first 10 minutes" at best) and thought this was yet another messy attempt with MUGEN I was quickly surprised with how "well thought" the project actually is.

PinkieLaunchPost.gif

PARTY!

For starters we have the team's effort at making the game as balanced and unique as possible, Twilight and Applejack (the most completed characters so far) have radically different playstyles and I expect the rest of the roster to be as varied (Rarity and Pinkie are different enough so far), and there is also the "magic bar" which works together with the traditional "super bar" to bring even more variety to the mix.

Rarity_palette%252BALPHA-FOR-INITIAL-IMPORT.jpg

The heck is this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIPOeXQ793Q.

The art direction is one of the biggest "selling" points for me, the designs stay true to the simple yet colorful and magical source material and the animation is incredibly fluid (even in it's incomplete state)...

So, while progress has been kind of slow (they seem to be working with a "Blizzard/Valve time" schedule) I just can't wait to get my hands into this fangame, a really great art direction and some well thought ideas are the main reasons I want it, it will also have online play which is always a plus.... And besides, it has ponies! And that should be more than enough reason for you me to be excited about it! :V

pso2917.jpg

Phantasy Star Online 2

This game...

PSO2 is a long awaited sequel for SEGA (and I guess RPG) fans, situated in a still unnamed system (they haven't revealed much info about the story yet) it will tell the adventures of the Arcs (not to be confused with their similar named PSO EP3 organisation) while they cleanse the system from the menace of some sort of alien entity/swarm only known as the Darkers (I know, not the best name they could have come up with. ._.).

prologue-3-races.jpg

PSO's classical "triforce" is back in full force here.

The series known for being a "Sci-Fi action multiplayer RPG" is brought back with upgrades in pretty much every single category (which should be expected since we are talking about a 10 year old piece of software)

The action is amped up with a new combat system with combo-able Photon Arts (PAs are pretty much a staple of the Phantasy Star series since "Universe"), jump action and air attacks, evasive and defensive maneuvers, and a third person view for more precise aiming. All of this upgrades are put together to offer more fluid, faster, and action packed battles.

The multiplayer aspect is expanded by the inclusion of multiparty areas, where many of the traditional "4 people parties" can get together and fight for the system.

Even the Sci-Fi part gets some love, with the new weapons, character designs and the whole (massive) space fleet Oracle traveling through the system, each of these little details that really helps to bring that futuristic yet magical feeling the Phantasy Star series is known for.

And I'm not sure what to say about the RPG side, but I guess you could count the incredibly expansive set of choices you have for character customization as something that will really help to make your character as unique as you want. (helping in the role playing aspect)

I believe this is the only trailer that I haven't posted here yet =P

So yeah, Phantasy Star Online 2 promises to bring some big and exciting upgrades to this beloved SEGA franchise, with a more action packed combat system, huge character customization, random occurrences (such as random events, fields, enemy spawns and weather) that will help to keep the game from getting boring after some time and many many other things that will ensure I'm gong to spend months playing this game and enjoying every single second of it.

I'm really excited about this one.

biggrin.png

I don't really have any other honorable mention...

Oh yeah! hurr the next Sonic game!!1! can't wait for it!

tongue.png

Edited by gato
  • Thumbs Up 3

My most anticipated video games of this year!

ssx_frontcover_large_mfqSaoX5aUjo72L.jpg

SSX (2012)

I've been excited about this game since it's announcement back in 2010. I loved the SSX series, my first game being On Tour. Then I played tricky and had a freakin' blast. When this game was announced, I was stoked to see what they would do with the game. All through 2011, I followed the game's development and my hype grew exponentially after every trailer. The numerous delays somewhat saddened me, but didn't keep me downhearted. The only thing it did was increase my want for this game even more! It's coming in a couple of weeks, and It's probably gonna be one of the best games of this year!

tony-hawks-pro-skater-hd-logo.jpg

TONY HAWK'S PRO SKATER HD

If anyone remembers my post from WAAAAAAAAAAY back when it asked what my favorite game series is, I said it was Tony Hawk. I absolutely love these games (Ride and Shred being the obvious exceptions). Since the majority of my recreational YouTube channel (supersonicZ16) revolves around this series, it only makes sense that I'm excited as hell for this game. Matter of fact, when this game was announced 2 months ago, I had the biggest fan-gasm/nostalgia-gasm I've ever had in my life. Damn, this made me extremely happy. This game is exactly what I've wanted for a long time: an HD version of the original gameplay WITHOUT the damn board controller. I'm extremely psyched for this game. I REALLY hope they don't screw this up...

ncGravityDazeBox.jpg

GRAVITY RUSH/GRAVITY DAZE

This game's already out in Japan, but doesn't come out until May in America. I've been eyeballin' this baby ever since the big VITA announcement blowout after E3. I saw the trailer and was greatly interested in this game. I actually got to play a demo of this game at my local Gamestop, and now I'm VERY excited to buy this game. The utilization of the VITA's features are well executed (I found myself using the extra features like the touch screen and gyroscope more than the original button commands a lot haha). Not to mention that the art style is excellent, and the game looks absolutely beautiful in motion. This is definitely a contender for Best Handheld Game of the Year in my opinion.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'Now here is a question I can dig.

ll be a bit odd here: http://www.platformn..._Logo-Image.jpg

I am so looking forward to this game and it is thanks to this big fellow. (Hint it's not Grimlock):

http://media1.gamein...rt_bruticus.jpg

Right to when I first heard about Bruticus being so big and powerful I couldn't wait to play as both him nad the combiners. Couple that with more varied environments, a more character driven story, and greatly improved gameplay and it's a winner in my book.

Edited by Anti-Venom

Most Anticipated Video Game

Sonic Heroes

Back in 2003, I was absolutely psyched for Heroes. Back then, the only Sonic games I'd played in years were SADX, SA2B and Mega Collection and as I had already played those games before, I was thirsting for something new. I used to talk about Heroes before release pretty obsessively with my cousin and get every magazine that even had a passing mention of Heroes as throughout most of 2003, I didn't have home Internet until December that year and therefore could not get any news of this game except for in magazines.

I was pretty pissed at the slight delay from December until early January and I still recall counting every day until release impatiently. It was actually infuriating, that wait. I was intensely interested in the Chaotix and Shadow's potential survival story as well as the team-based gameplay. I still remember latching onto this magazine article from EGM (WHS imports the magazine from the US) obessively and reading it over and over again. Matter of fact, this very magazine article is the very first time I ever heard of Sonic X;

Page 1..

Page 2..

Page 3..

Page 4..

On the day of release, I was straight there is the morning at the recently opened Bull Ring branch of Game. I loved playing Heroes but was surprised by the much longer levels than what was seen in the Adventure games. The wait was pretty worth it biggrin.png

Edited by Verte
  • Thumbs Up 1

Welp, I just changed my name (from thebluehedgehog)...only now I realize that this might be a bad time to do so....

Anyway, my most anticipated game would be Paper Mario 3DS. I've played Paper Mario and Super Paper Mario (got TTYD from a Gamestop, turns out disc was sold broken) and I absolutely loved them. The game seems to be more like PM rather than SPM, which is good still, as Paper Mario was such a good game. I hope to get this game (and a 3DS) when it comes out.

EDIT: Runners up: Luigi's Mansion 2, Super Smash Bros (insert title here).

Edited by BlueChaos

The game that I am currently anticipating most is, believe it or not, Epic Mickey 2!

epicmickey2.jpg

I can't wait for this game! I love Oswald and am truly excited for a game where I can play as him! I found the story in the first game intriguing and just am itching to find out what happens next!

The game that I anticipated the most ever would be Super Smash Brothers Brawl, though.

Hmm.

I think the most anticipated game for me, also came with a console.

sonicadv01.jpg

The Sega Dreamcast & Sonic Adventure

The game brought alot of new things to the franchise that we're all very familiar with now. Like the voices, a deeper plot and a boss battle at the very beginning!? The updated looks that some still b*tch about...which is kinda sad...

Two new playable characters.

...probably some more stuff I can't remember...

So, yeah. I was really looking forward to it and it did not disappoint.

...so that's...wait a sec...is Tails looking at Sonics butt?!

This is a really hard question, and it doesn't have an easy answer for it. Here goes nothing...

2011-12-30T16:18:28.000Z.jpg

Yeah, yeah. Before the haters think I'm being naively optimistic, I thought Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 was a let down in a lot of areas with a lot of glaring problems, and Episode 2 could go the same way. I'm not expecting the game to be good/great/awesome/outstanding/amazing but I'm such a huge Sonic fan that I can't NOT get excited for it. Not just excited about playing it, but about learning more about it. I'm looking forward to other games right now, but none of them hold my interest or have me speculating as much as this one.

It helps that this is the first time in a while where we can expect a playable character other than Sonic. A GOOD character too. I want to see Tails in action again.

Honorable Mentions

Super-Smash-Bros-Revealed-for-Wii-U-and-3DS.jpg

Funny that I should be looking forward to this as much as I am. Not only has the game not begun development, it's on a console I don't really want or have much confidence in. But I've always loved Smash Bros for what it is, and always want to see what's next for the series.

20120203-140832.jpg

WHY? Because I get the game in the mail by this Wednesday.

Edited by Solly
  • Thumbs Up 1

Day 28: Most anticipated video game

2hqsbc3.jpg

I've been eagerly anticipating this from the very moment it was unveiled. The Mario RPG series is one that can do no wrong (well except for that one game) and the first two Paper Mario entries are my favorites in the entire genre. With great stories, great characters, and the best replay value in any RPG, I have every reason in the world to believe that this is the ultimate 3DS system seller.

But hey 'Tendo it's really cool and all that you announced this before even Super Mario 3D Land and now you forgot it even exists and we're all left in the dark about when it'll come out but hey it's cool dawg

• Thumbs Up 6

Not feeling day 28, really.

6e0f5__Sonic-4-Ep-2-Logo-600x480.jpg

Sonic 4; Episode 2

Well, what can I say, no matter what occurs, I'll still always look forward to my hedgehoggy goodness (although reptiles being amongst that hedgehoggy goodness is a very nice perk, SEGA). Currently, this one has me interested insofar as having some sort of watery ruin (which always makes for some great views), and the Badniks are more interesting this time around. Especially Scarabesque, I want one to take home and keep as a pet!

LOOKING FORWARD TO MOST:

PHANTASY STAR ONLINE 2:

I've already gushed about PSO already once or twice in this topic I think. It should be of no surprise that I am HIGHLY LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS GAME. All the videos I've seen have made me wet myself 300 times over, so I think I should probably get that one checked out. But seriously - the character creator looks nuts and the music is great and the graphics (while not amazing) do the job just fine for me. I cannot wait to play this game.

ANARCHY REIGNS:

Platinum Games. 'Nuff said.

GRAVITY DAZE/RUSH/WHATEVER:

So stoked for this game too. I want a VITA pretty much solely for this, to start off anyway. This game looks fun, I love the art style and the design of the main character. I kind of want to draw her actually. Anyway the game looks super awesome and kinda different so I'll be keeping a close watch on this one.

There are 3 of the many I am looking forward to. Darksiders II is another one that I haven't listed here, but I guess I just did right there. I love Joe Mad's stuff so....

• Thumbs Up 1

Most Anticipated Vidya for 2012 - Future

skullgirls-logo.png

Skullgirls - XBLA/PSN

you have NO idea how much i want this game, i'm itching for a release date and they just throw more videos and character trailers my way, but no, Fucking, Release DATE.

What gets me so hyped about this game is the art direction, the entire game is drawn from scratch and even in the finished product, the game looks rough and sketched out, i ADORE the character designs in this title and it's extensive list of attack moves is leaving me frothing at the mouth and clawing around my living room in circles like some possessed weirdo... KONAMI, I NEED, NEEEEED A FUCKING RELEASE DATE. ;0;

Bioshock-infinite-logo.jpg

After seeing the 15 minute gameplay demo, i couldn't get over this game, the worlds, the NPC's and the fucking weird supernatural powers of random angry people trying to kill you was just amazing in this, i mean Bioshock was fantastic, but this. This is art, wacky crazy art.

Sleeping-Dogs-Logo.jpg

ok, so i just seen the exclusive trailer for this on my Xbox, and i'm not too sure what i seen was a cutscene/CGI or actual gameplay, but i thought i was watching a movie trailer, until the end... "pre-order now, Xbox 360/PS3"

What? are you kidding me? it looks so REAL!

staying sceptical of this, but it certainly grabbed my attention.

250px-Metal_Gear_Rising_Revengeance_Cover.jpg

shut up, i can't wait.

• Thumbs Up 1

Day 28 Luigi's Mansion 2 + Smash Bros. Brawl

large.jpg

I cannot wait for this game. Luigi's Mansion was my favorite Gamecube game+ one of my favorite Mario (Hey he's in there so it counts) games. Not because it stared Luigi (well that's part of it) but because it was different. Breaking away from the traditional run and jump platforming into what seemed to be a ghostbusters rip-off sounded stupid back then. But god did that game fulfill in every way possible. They atmosphere, gameplay, graphics, story, music, everything about that game I loved to death.

I kid you not, E3 2011, when I missed it, I went on my computer to see what was announced, and my heart skipped a beat when it said Luigi's Mansion 2. I jumped up and down repeatedly yelling "YES, YES!!!" with what I assume were tears actually coming out of my eyes. I've never cried for a game before, but god damn it did Luigi's Mansion 2 catch me off guard. I am patiently awaiting for it to come out this year, and I have no doubts that it will be as good, if not better then the original.

(2008) Brawl.

brawlreview1.jpg

Brawl. The mere mention of this name back in 2006-2008 sent people into shock. God, I have never ever in my life seen so much hype for one video game. Thousands of people online were screaming at the newest Brawl footage/trailers, Hours and hours of waiting lines awaited those at conventions who wanted to play Brawl, even Sony/ Microsoft forums and fan-boys would jump for joy when they saw the newest Brawl announcement. With all this hype, you would think people were awaiting the second coming of Jesus, but nope. It was Brawl.

Sakurai made it even worse, by releasing the Brawl Dojo, making hundreds of fans stay up in the middle of the night waiting for Japan time so Sakurai could reveal the newest stage/character (or controls...angry.png ). The character hype, the bickering, oh god the bickering, it made Sonic fans look like gods in comparison to the bickering for Brawl. And when it was delayed not once, but twice, almost every fanboy went into a coma fearing that Brawl wouldn't come. But then it came. And did it deliver?

You bet your fucking ass it did.

And so with Smash Bros. 4 announced (May I remind you that Smash Bros. 4's announcement was the only thing to make people at E3 clap and hoot for Nintendo in the crowd) I and many others eagerly await. Four times the hype, Four times the bickering, Four times the Shock, I am ready 4 Smash Bros. Wii-U (& 3DS).

• Thumbs Up 2

Day 28 - WHATS YO MOST ANTICIPATED VIDYA

Okay, here goes.

The Wii U

Wii-U-controller-2_7994.png

Yeah, that's right. I just don't have a game--I have an entire console and I'm game to anticipate it. I've been riding on the hype ever since I jizzed my pants off watching the HD Zelda demo. I couldn't even believe my own fucking eyes when Nintendo finally caught up. And in a very Nintendo move, the company just fucking surpasssed every other console on the market! A simultaneous return to hardcore gaming along with cementing itself in that of the casual fanbase is going to make this a crack-is-cheaper-cash-cow and any of the games that come with it will be awesome as well. Now all we have to do is see whatever the hell the Pokémon franchise will do with this. Urgh, its pretty obvious that I'm actually waiting for this console. And luckily, I'm born in January.

Yeah seriously, I'm getting this for Christmas and the launch line-up is for my birthday!

Much like the Gamecube.

:D

x_a8e2cced.jpg

Sonic 4 - Episode II

If only because there absolutely nothing else im looking forward to right now, and that it actually seems to be more original this time around. The announcement of new physics and graphics certainly help.

I guess the Wii-U if that counts. Seeing traditional games like the Untitled Zelda and the fact that many HD games like Arkham City will get ported to it make me somewhat excited,

My most anticipated game, right now is:

Xenoblade-Chronicles-artwork.jpg

Xenoblade Chronicles

Yeah, we still don't have this game in the U.S. but, we're getting it! From what I've seen and heard, this game is the best RPG to come out of Japan in years. I'm hoping to rekindle my deep love for the JRPG genre with this game, which mixes the Japanese style with much appreciated mechanics and themes from Western RPGs. I really wonder WHY Nintendo of America was so hesitant on releasing this game, considering the glowing reception it's received.

Now, as for in general:

Main Series Mario games and Any Zelda Games

These are my 2 favorite video game series, and whenever a new one is announced I lose my shit like a giddy child. I barely know anything about Paper Mario 3D and the new 2D Mario for 3DS but, I can't wait for them, and Skyward Sword was pretty much all I was thinking about for the entire fall of 2011.

Seriously people? Everyone has forgotton about this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4E0e-ZCn14

I was massively hyped for this game before I had ever played ICO or Shadow of the Colossus, it looks that good. Now I've got the HD re-release and completed ICO, my anticipation has only increased. Assuming it gets finished, of course.

In the past, my most anticipated game was probably Brutal Legend. It was Double Fine (and Tim Schafer's) return, it was about heavy metal and it starred Jack Black, not to mention the huge saga that was its development. Excited would be a massive understatement.

• Thumbs Up 2

Day 28: Most Anticipated Game

kingdom_hearts_3d_dream_drop_distance_boxart.jpg

Frick yes. There are four reasons why I have a feeling this game is going to be amazingtastic:

#1 - It looks like it's introducing a new, faster gameplay style, which looks awesome.

#2 - It's going to have a world based on The Hunchback of Notre Dame amongst lots of other new worlds.

#3 - It's going to continue the story where Kingdom Hearts II left off.

#4 - It's a Kingdom Hearts game.

:'D I really don't know what else to say.

• Thumbs Up 2

Day 28 - Most Anticipated Video Game

The-Last-Guardian-New-Details.jpg

The Last Guardian

You know how there are games you are aware are very good but you can never see yourself ever coming to play them or finding the time to play them? Team ICO's games falls into that, they're possibly the best games ever made, yet that line is normally said from people who havn't even played them.

Usually it's the other way around, people call games shit despite not having played them, Team Ico has the rather fortunate place of being the other way round.

I don't know ICO & Shadow of the Colossus are the best games ever made, since I've not played every game ever made... but if there was a way for someone to judge that. ICO & Shadow of the colossus would most likely be contendars for that title.

the-last-guardian_480x480.jpg

With that in mind, it's not hard to understand why the only game right now I have any intention of going ZOMIGOD I MUST GET THIS, is Team Ico's "The Last Guardian." The current tagline from people in the know is 'it's a cross between ICO & Shadow of the colossus,' I for one am not looking forward to it on that tag line, but looking forward to it because it's coming from a company that seems to understand the use of music, art, gameplay... well... the videogame industry as and artform whilst still making it fun and challenging to play.

How could I not be lookig forward to this?

• Thumbs Up 1

TransformersFallofCybertron.jpg

I absolutely loved War for Cybertron and I can't wait for the sequel. Like War for Cybertron and Dark of the Moon, it is being developed by High Moon Studios. It will have a much longer and deeper story, more playable characters, a very much enhanced character creation and customization for multiplayer characters, the Combaticons and the Dinobots among some other new additions.

If you haven't yet played War for Cybertron, DO IT and you will get but a small taste of the awesomeness that is to come in Fall of Cybertron.

visual-logo.png

Transformers Universe was announced in 2011 for release in 2012. It is a browser MMO being developed by Jagex, the creators of RuneScape, and is being developed using a more advanced version of the RuneScape engine. It takes place in the Transformers: Prime timeline and players will have to choose between fighting for the Autobots or Decepticons. There will be multiple character classes and customization options. From what little we've seem so far, it look like it will be good. smile.png

prototype-2-back-small.jpg

To this day, Prototype 1 remains the most viscerally satisfying game I've ever played. Well, maybe except Fruit Ninja. But having the ability to punch a random person so hard they just dissolve into a bloody vapor and then karate kick a helicopter out of the sky is the perfect way to fix a bad day. But the powers revealed for Prototype 2 are already giving me a Superpower Boner; turning a guy into a biological time bomb, the ability to THROW TANKS and even just the ability to put people gently back down instead of throwing them allow for incredible new levels of kintetic and sensual freedoms.

Can't freakin' wait.

Runners up: Bioshock Infinite, Rhythm Heaven, The Last Guardian, Metal Gear Rising, Paper Mario 3DS, Luigi's Mansion 2

Edited by SuperStingray
  • Thumbs Up 1

KH3D_Dream_Drop_Distance.PNG

I just cant get enough of this series.

The characters, the story and the feeling I get whenever I play the games is unlike anything Ive ever felt. To explain it the best I can it feels like me going back to my childhood in my adult body while in a foreign land that I always wanted to visit.