Awoo.

If Sonic did have a love interest, what would she have to be like?

Chaos Warp

Maybe she's seen too much OoC Sonaze fanfiction? I dunno, really.

I personally don't see them working as a romantic pair myself, but that's just because they seem to have very conflicting interests and ideals.

Then again, I'm not a fan of anyone being paired with Sonic, so what do I know.

Yeah, Sonic doesn't really seem the type to even have long term relationships with anyone, maybe short term, but definitely not the dude for long term stuff, cause you can't keep Sonic from running off somewhere in search of thrills and adventure. He just doesn't seem interested in females THAT much other than keeping it friendly.

Their definitely ain't that large of a Sonaze fanfics going on, not as large as Sonsal or Sonamy, or even the pairing Sonic & Shadow, that's for sure. However it's wrong to say someones fanfics bother you when your own ain't any better.

I would think Shadow and Blaze would make more sense due to their attitudes.

That would be good for Omega as well. Those three could make sweet passionate destruction together and get the neutral character out of groupings all in one fell swoop.

By this logic you shouldn't support any pairing ever, as there's always going to be crazy shippers writing shitty fanfics about it. Why single out Blaze?

It's just that most Sonaze fanfics treat my favorite character badly to a point where most feature him cutting himself because he doesn't get to be with her.

Edited by Haruhi

It's just that most Sonaze fanfics treat my favorite character badly to a point where most feature him cutting himself because he doesn't get to be with her.

That form of character derailment isn't exclusive to Sonic x Blaze fanfics.

• Thumbs Up 1

I would think Shadow and Blaze would make more sense due to their attitudes.
They wouldn't. For one thing, I'm not sure they've ever even said a single word to each other. But that aside, a big part of Blaze's character is that she's unhealthily suppressed her feelings, and Sonic's open and optimistic attitude helps draw her out of that. Shadow has similar issues, so pairing him and Blaze would just leave you with two broken people with nothing in common besides not wanting to get involved with other people (including each other).

And again, there is equally shitty fanfiction for every other pairing, that shits just as much on whoever ends up being left out. That you'd reject a pairing simply because some shitty fanfiction with no effect on anything treats some other character you happen to like poorly says that you are not looking at this situation in a reasonable manner.
  • Nice Smile 1

That would be good for Omega as well. Those three could make sweet passionate destruction together and get the neutral character out of groupings all in one fell swoop.

I dunno if that was an accident but...ph34r.png

Honestly, "Sonic" And, "Could Have A" Also, "A Love Interest" Don't sit well with me for some reason.

I don't particularly dislike a pairing as much as I like them either. I think, if Amy got herself her proper personality at this point, it'd be possible for her and Sonic to develop something over time. Blaze? I dunno, she seems pretty...flat. Lately.

I might need to get a flameshield later... But Blaze I think, feels, flat. And it's not just her. It's sort of SEGA's fault considering how they want the characters to be as insignificant (Eggman put it well.) as possible.

But from what I know from her personality. (Rush, Rush Adventure) She's pretty much still very enclosed about her feelings, she wants to open up to people, she's in serious nature, and is pretty straightforward in whatever her goals are.

Sonic could help her open up, he's cheerful, and optimistic, looking on the bright side at the bleakest times. He doesn't easily show pain, and he always is ready to help someone in need. His goals are as unknown but counter-actively obvious at the same time. As free as the wind.

They clearly could fit the opposites attract thing, while Sonic and Amy, for to work, Amy needs some serious character development and revamping. And SEGA couldn't give a damn about it now, they just want people to enjoy the gameplay and aesthetics. (Which is understandable, just annoying.)

I could imagine just about any pairing in this series the way the characters are right now. Some even in 'Crack' Territory...

. . .Take that as you will.

I don't think Sonic would ever get into a relationship, at least not with the way he is. The way I see it, he's got a massive bucketlist, and relationships aren't too close to the top. He probably knows love comes with chains, so he avoids it; he's a free bird, and the bird you cannot change.

Everyone in this thread gives good examples as to what his standards for a woman would be, though: Strong, independant, fast, and loves chilidogs. So far the general consensus says that in the grave circumstances that Sonic would have to get a love interest comes along, Blaze is the girl that is closest to his ungodly standards, but she does have problems; for example, living in a different dimension, and having royal duties.

• Thumbs Up 3

^Pretty much this. The only love interest that would work for Sonic is someone who wouldn't take their relationship as a reason to "settle down," and that's what I believe Sonic fears the most about reciprocating Amy's desire for him. She seems dead set on starting a family, and there's really no way to chain him down faster than that.

• Thumbs Up 1

lol, what the heck fanfics are you reading!? You want to source to this stuff for proof, cause it sounds like a lot of hogwash.

And it sounds like one persons fanfic, not a group.

IMO, she'd definitely have to be an action girl, and should be able to kick ass with Sonic. I also think they should share the speed trait, so she can keep up with him. She should be similar to Sonic in personality, free sprited, cocky and heroic, but she should have unique traits to separate her. And while I think they should share the speed trait, the ability similarity should stop there. She should not in any way make him give up who he is. Thoughts?

So Rainbow Dash then?

Seriously though, Amy, more or less, is the unofficial official love interest, but if we were going to introduce a completely new love interest for a serious relationship? Yeah, no. The shipping fandom would tear itself apart, particularly the Amy, and Sally shippers for this "new character" to suddenly strike up a relationship with Sonic, and it would be a blood bath on par with the Pokemon or Naruto fandoms.

I think Sonic has made it pretty clear that he's not interested in pursuing a relationship, with anybody, regardless if they can keep up with him or not, his true love is Adventure and nothing will change that.

Plus it seems like kind of a cop out for a new character to achieve something that Amy has never been close to, I mean yeah she's clingy and borderline abusive, but she does have the occasional moments of understanding with him and having a new character come in to usurp that role would make her redundant.

However if Amy didn't exist, I think I can see something happening, though I do think its lazy to make a love interest for a character with the exact same personality, but that's just me.

Edited by Shadic Claus
  • Thumbs Up 1

So Rainbow Dash then?

Please don't bring ponies into this.........

Seriously though, Amy, more or less, is the unofficial official love interest, but if we were going to introduce a completely new love interest for a serious relationship? Yeah, no. The shipping fandom would tear itself apart, particularly the Amy, and Sally shippers for this "new character" to suddenly strike up a relationship with Sonic, and it would be a blood bath on par with the Pokemon or Naruto fandoms.

I think Sonic has made it pretty clear that he's not interested in pursuing a relationship, with anybody, regardless if they can keep up with him or not, his true love is Adventure and nothing will change that.

Plus it seems like kind of a cop out for a new character to achieve something that Amy has never been close to, I mean yeah she's clingy and borderline abusive, but she does have the occasional moments of understanding with him and having a new character come in to usurp that role would make her redundant.

However if Amy didn't exist, I think I can see something happening, though I do think its lazy to make a love interest for a character with the exact same personality, but that's just me.

I don't think he would be adverse to a female partner to adventure with him, and Amy doesn't really fit that bill. That's why I would want a new character for this, shiping war hell aside.

Please don't bring ponies into this.........

Hey, she was the first one to come to mind in your description.

I don't think he would be adverse to a female partner to adventure with him, and Amy doesn't really fit that bill. That's why I would want a new character for this, shiping war hell aside.

Amy's been on more adventures with him than any other female, and while he is annoyed when she glomps him, he never really tells her to take a hike or any variation of. If she was actually developed beyond her fangirl personality then she would probably fit the bill, but I'd rather they develop her than to create an entirely new character just for the purpose of having Sonic love her, this is how Mary Sue fics start.

Honestly, "Sonic" And, "Could Have A" Also, "A Love Interest" Don't sit well with me for some reason.

Same here. Probably has something to do with the fact that it isn't a logical sentence. "Sonic could have a a love interest". It just makes me think of shitty RNB music.

On topic, if Sonic were to have a love interest, it'd have to be Blaze. SEGA seemed very intent on developing their relationship for a short while, and they should continue down that path in the future I believe. I may be biased, of course, seeing as Blaze is my favorite character in the series... somehow. Not sure how that happened.

• Thumbs Up 1

Amy's been on more adventures with him than any other female, and while he is annoyed when she glomps him, he never really tells her to take a hike or any variation of. If she was actually developed beyond her fangirl personality then she would probably fit the bill, but I'd rather they develop her than to create an entirely new character just for the purpose of having Sonic love her, this is how Mary Sue fics start.

Hey, who said it had to be her only purpose? She could have plenty of other purposes, and the romance could just kinda be a ship-tease, like Knux-Rouge ala Sa2, and it could only come out when they were working together.

Hey, who said it had to be her only purpose? She could have plenty of other purposes, and the romance could just kinda be a ship-tease, like Knux-Rouge ala Sa2, and it could only come out when they were working together.

Depends if the purpose is even relevant enough for her to be considered a main character. Being just a love interest is already up Amy and Blaze's alley, so that makes her redundant, and if she were to have another role it would have to be as relevant as Tails being Sonic's sidekick.

• Thumbs Up 1

It should be easy to differentiate because Penders wrote the M:25YL series, where Sonic and Sally were happily married before the time shift.

Edited by VEDJ-F

Penders did not write that story. Karl Boilers did.

Off-topic but I really hate how people take the slap out of context.

Well its kinda easy to take it out of context being that there a massive explosion behind Sally and Sonic due to the slap.

Thats one powerful bitch slap I hopefully never endure.

• Thumbs Up 3

Pffft. I just ignore the stuff with Archie because I feel like SatAM Sal was more likeable than what Sally became... and certainly a better match for the Sonic in her canon due to the lack of the whole royalty mindset.

But as for...

The shipping fandom would tear itself apart, particularly the Amy, and Sally shippers for this "new character" to suddenly strike up a relationship with Sonic, and it would be a blood bath on par with the Pokemon or Naruto fandoms.

Hardcore shippers will always get upset by the tiniest details. And honestly? It bothers me how SonAmy fans rant and rave about Sally when she.. isn't a part of the games? Why should it matter if Sonic is with or interested in Sally in other continuities like SatAM or the comics? They have no effect on the games.

I don't think the games need canon romance, but I'd laugh if they did make a totally new love interest. Or implied interest.

But really. We don't need love triangles in the games.

• Thumbs Up 3

Currently, the reason why I'm bothered that Sonic is interested with Sally is because it's dragging the comic narrative down with it. It's one thing to have a relationship as one of many points in a plot, it's another to dominate over the plot.

That's another part of the reason I don't particularly want Sonic paired up with anyone, I'm worried what might happen to the game narrative.

Edited by VEDJ-F
  • Thumbs Up 1