Awoo.

If Sonic did have a love interest, what would she have to be like?

Chaos Warp

She'd be dead the next day by a hammer.

And then the next game would be about finding the murderer. Obviously the greatest detectives known to humans and anthros alike will be on the case.

THE CHAOTIX: RELOADED

Back on-topic: would this hypothetical new female character be a hedgehog or something else? I mean, it doesn't really matter to me, but some would rage about "yet another hedgehog"...

Edited by ElementofChaos7
  • Thumbs Up 6

I see no particular reason for her to be a hedgehog, though if Sega were to ever do this I would not be surprised if they took that route. Though if Sega were to ever do this, they had probably gone batshit insane, so at that point who knows.

• Thumbs Up 1

It could be another hedgehog, but the day Sonic finds a love interest, is the day I move on to another series.

Edited by Strange-Hedgehog

A very daring girl...that's for sure. I wonder if SEGA will actually attempt to make Sonic have a love life, I can't wait for the reaction then!

If Sega goes through with that decision we will see shipping wars of biblical proportions.

• Thumbs Up 3

If Sega goes through with that decision we will see shipping wars of biblical proportions.

December 21, 2012.

That is the day Sonic will receive a love life.

• Thumbs Up 1

I would like to think, that in order to be in a relationship with Sonic, you'd have to NOT be in a relationship with Sonic.

Do you follow? What I mean is, she's have to accept that Sonic's idea of a relationship isn't really a relationship, well at least, that's what I imagine given Sonic's personality is often aligned with that of the wind. I would think, that being in a relationship with Sonic is like being in a relationship with a Soldier. He's often running around the world on adventures, but when he does come back, he does care.

I'd like to see Amy get some character development over the course of several games, where she learns that clinging to Sonic like glue is as effective at getting him to love her, as trying to literally glue herself to the wind. It ain't gonna happen by doing that. That development may see her being less of stalker and more useful as a character, and limiting her romantic persuits of Sonic to just showing that she cares about him and eventually reaching a point where she gets involved with Sonic's adventures and shows that she cares about him and his own feelings by understanding that he's not one to be tied down.

A few more games down the line it may be interesting to see Sonic not being so harshly resistant to Amy, as she developed a greater maturity and understanding of Sonic as an undividual. Though I wouldn't want any direct references to an actual romantic relationship, because that would take the franchise in a direction best left unexplored (fan uproar ahoy). Just Sonic being warmer to Amy than previously.

Edited by Scar
  • Thumbs Up 7

I don't think a love interest would need to be hedgehog. See: the implications of Knuckles and Rouge. :B Not to mention Vector and Vanilla in Sonic X.

• Thumbs Up 1

I see no particular reason for her to be a hedgehog, though if Sega were to ever do this I would not be surprised if they took that route. Though if Sega were to ever do this, they had probably gone batshit insane, so at that point who knows.

I don't know, myself I'd love to see another type of animal in the 3ft tall anthro Sonic style.

If Sonic was to have a love interest at all, it'd need to be hinted upon in a semi-shipteasing kind of way, like Knuckles and Rouge's interactions in SA2 (and also recently..!). Besides, I can't see Sonic openly saying anything about his feelings, especially related to love; nor can I say that for most characters either. It just doesn't feel right if it isn't just implied to happen, unless it's the one-sided obvious kind from Amy's end.

I can't really say anything else on the matter that hasn't already been said (including what Chaos Warp mentioned earlier in the topic... eeeeehheheheheheh). ...So yeah, I can say that I think that if they elaborated upon it, Sonic and Blaze have lots of potential, especially considering they already put it out in the open in the Rush games.

Edited by Azukara

I think it could work as a one-time 'change of pace' thing, like an episode of a TV show for example. >w> Then they could go this angle with it afterwards:

"Tails?"

"Yeah?"

"Next time I'm goin' crazy over some girl, slap me ok?"

"You got it"

*fade out*

Then you'd never have to worry about the "love plot" outside of that one time.

I could totally see this dialogue in a scenario like in the AoStH episode "Lovesick Sonic". Like, Eggman would build a fake actiony awesome girl for Sonic to fall in love with. And it fits the "one-time" scenario, too. But this is just what came to my mind.

But in any love interest situation, she would have to kick ass as an action girl, keep up with Sonic, and be as interested(which isn't very) in a relationship as Sonic is, if you catch my drift. I would personally hate to see him pair up with a damsel (*cough* damn Elise...*cough* ). Maybe it's why I sorta support Sonaze. Blaze fits this almost spot-on. :P

• Thumbs Up 3

To be honest, I think that the girl for Sonic would have to be just as free as him.

There have been many female characters like Amy, Blaze and Sally but they all have something to keep them from

being truly free like Sonic.

Sally is a Princess who has to make decisions not for herself, but for her kingdom (at least in the comcis).

Blaze is also a princess who has to protect the Sol Emeralds. A position in which she just can't leave.

Amy may not be a princess, but her claiming to be 'Sonic's Girlfriend' and trying to chase him kind of made her freedom become somewhat clouded.

This female would have to be just as adventurous as Sonic. If not more!

Her having the ability of speed like Sonic would seem likely, but I don't beleive it would be 'neccessary'.

Perhaps some speed, but not crazy speed. Of course, if she was to have speed like him, it would bring rivalry between each other.

Also, no immediately falling in love. Sonic in the video games is a bit more distant than in the comics/cartoons.

I literally think it would take loads of adventures and such before they would even acknowledge each other in such a way.

Perhaps it would even shock each other when they would realize their feelings.

I could go on and on, but ehhh not gonna bother.

Whatever SEGA decides to do is their decision.

• Thumbs Up 1

Very good points. I especially like this part:

Also, no immediately falling in love. Sonic in the video games is a bit more distant than in the comics/cartoons.

I literally think it would take loads of adventures and such before they would even acknowledge each other in such a way.

Perhaps it would even shock each other when they would realize their feelings.

^More fanfic writers need to realize this. I like shipping and all, but I prefer it relatively in-character. (I can accept slight OOCness due to "love makes you crazy" and all, but some most 'fics go too far. :P) SEGA!Sonic, while friendly and caring towards his friends, is a surprisingly distant character. After all, every other game we get the line "long time no see" from either him or directed towards him*.

It was the thread "What do you hate about your FAVORITE characters?" that made me truly notice this characteristic. (This post: ) Oddly enough, it made me appreciate Sonic as a character more.

Also, I wonder how Sonic would react if he realized he was falling in love with someone. I imagine his initial reaction would be to just laugh it off--that's the way he is you know--but would he eventually do anything about it? Am I weird for thinking about this?...Probably.

*I'm actually not sure if that's entirely true, but I seem to remember Sonic saying it the most... XD;

• Thumbs Up 1

Hmm I wonder if they'd ever reintroduce that Tiara Boobowski character from the canceled Sonic Xtreme game.

Very much doubt it; Tiara was purely a creation of departments in SoA, while the games nowadays are mostly made by SoJ (barring spin-offs which are branched out to developers like Sumo). It'd be a miracle if the guys at SoJ even knew about her existence, let alone consider her as Sonic's love interest.

There's a higher chance of Tania/Anita being introduced as Sonic's sister, to be blunt.

Hopefully, it won't be Blaze.

Why do you hope that it won't be Blaze? Hate her, or something?

Blaze to be honest would be a great fit for Sonic.

Copy Pasta from older topic

"Blaze makes up for Sonic's careless attitude toward things while Sonic's spirit picks her up when she is down and calms her fire when she gets upset.

Blaze is more serious about things, but not clingy and domineering.

While Sonic is a bit reckless, but with a kind heart and pure.

People with these kinds of interlocking traits are the kinds that work together because they fill the holes and flaws that each other has.

Also this is Sonic's only friend that was female that he actually had a direct friendship with. "

In addition to that Blaze and Sonic also have a lot of similar traits just that their personalities emit a different way of expressing said similarities.

Sonic and Amy...while its easy to put them together during the games do to the whole "fangirl" thing...a couple like that would pretty much be incompatible...Amy's personality isn't made to deal with Sonic's antics and she would possible be entirely too controlling, clingy, and maybe be even jealous that Sonic puts his Adventures over his relationships...

I'm just Doctor Philin'...I read way to much on relationships/psychology on my spare time...

I don't have a problem...>>

Edited by 3D>>>>2D
  • Thumbs Up 1

Why do you hope that it won't be Blaze? Hate her, or something?

I don't hate her. It's the Sonaze fans and their fanfiction that kinda annoys me.

I don't hate her. It's the Sonaze fans and their fanfiction that kinda annoys me.

Well I'm not exactly Sonaze...I just finding out the best suitable chick for Sonic in the games based simply on personality analysis.

Hell Sonic with Rouge would work out more than Sonic with Amy.

Edited by 3D>>>>2D

Guys, I think we're forgetting something....

She'd have to love chili dogs, too.

I guess this pretty much puts blaze out of the picture.

By this logic you shouldn't support any pairing ever, as there's always going to be crazy shippers writing shitty fanfics about it. Why single out Blaze?

vvv But like I said, there's shitty fanfiction for every pairing. And I'd suspect that there's much more of it for, say, Amy or Sally, simply due to being around longer.

Edited by Diogenes