Awoo.

Sonic Editoral for East of Nowhere (Currently on hiatus)

CrownSlayers Shadow

I don't think there's a problem with repeating, as it'll only drive the point that many are in agreement over the same thing, but you should speak mainly for yourself on the aspects you want to talk about on the subject.

I'll post a due date at some point late this month. I want to get some extra research done and highlight any more topic points that might be necessary.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

I AM REVIVING THIS BECAUSE OF THE LATEST GAMING COMMUNITY ANEURYSM :

http://kotaku.com/58...isode-2-footage

So it's with trepidation, and not excitement, that we take a look at this gameplay footage from the upcoming Sonic 4: Episode 2. I mean, it looks very pretty! But we're one episode in and already there's a "friend". Keep mirroring the original series like this Sega and we'll be kissing humans and swinging swords by the end of this console generation.
Edited by Indigo Rush
  • Thumbs Up 5

The main editors are working on their sections; we're editing our drafts now. Rest assured, it hasn't been forgotten.

Okay that's just stupid. Do they remember that Tails was in, and playable in, their well-loved Genesis series? Or do they prefer the SONIC 1 SONIC and hate the rest of the classic series now, JUST because of other characters? What the fuck.

Edited by sonfan1984

I AM REVIVING THIS BECAUSE OF THE LATEST GAMING COMMUNITY ANEURYSM :

http://kotaku.com/58...isode-2-footage

This is physically hurting my brain.

When are we getting back to this?!

• Thumbs Up 3

Bravo Plinkett, you've shown us that you're 6 years behind everyone else.

If anyone wants to slag this guy in their contribution, I will make an exception for this guy (but we can't have too many all on one guy, we need diversity). But be professional. If you want my advice on dealing with this: don't post about how mad you are, call out how hilarious it is that he's calling out Sonic 06 in the age of Sonic Generations or something like that.

That article only gives me more motivation to write my part for East of Nowhere, lol. That guy still wants to take jabs on the Sonic series and it's fanbase? These gaming journalists needs to learn that this fanbase is not to be fucked with. We can dish out jabs too only we dish them out twice as hard.

Edited by sonfan1984

Aaaaand this is why Sega and Sonic Team are being so ridiculously slow about reintroducing other playable characters. As far as I'm concerned, the company should just give opinions like that the middle finger by making Tails fully playable in Episode 2. Let people whine and moan. It's obvious by this that nothing is going to stop them anyway, so Sega should look at that inevitable reaction track record, realize they can't do anything to change it, and do what they intend to do while considering smart, well-reasoned feedback, instead of narrow-minded, logicless feedback.

Trolls.

Edited by DC111
  • Thumbs Up 3

I find it even more hilarious that Plinkett is likely slagging of Tails of all characters. You'd think that would be the one character that very few people would pick on to bash.

EDIT: Also DC111, you sound a little too much like Nicochi there. Might want to chill with the whole "fans" thing.

• Thumbs Up 1

So, according to that review, Sonic games would be better if he was an aspie. (No offense to people with asperger syndrome. I have it to, so please, save your torches and pitchforks for the next monster attack)

• 2 weeks later...

Yo, I'm going to be providing an update today, so for those of you reading this I want you to be ready for my annoucement.

...I was planning on doing this last week, but I gotta tell ya college can definitely delay your plans you intended, especially if you're in engineering like me. :lol:

And Update time.

So far, I have 17 out of the 30 people who have chosen their respective topics. Not including the leaders, those are:

• Indigo Rush

• Semjax

• DC111

• The Boosting Reinhog

• Candied Sugar Plum1984

• Sega Dog Tagz

• Jus-Dan

• Enigma2Me

• Komodin

• Inferno

• SuperStingray

• Azukara

• Dark Qiviut

A few things have changed. Verte has decided to reliquish her position as a leader of the fandom topic, and Scar has joined us to lead the Future topic point. As a result, I've taken up her position on the fandom topic. Me, Dissident, and Marco have already begun work on our leading topics and made drafts. (I on the other hand have a lot more work since I'm leading two topics)

Scheduling will likely be tough. I know a number of you have more important things to take care of beyond this forum. In the meantime, I would like you all to make you contributions to the section you decided to participate in.

We will be posting the drafts sometime this week so that you can get a glimpse of what we're going to say.

• Thumbs Up 1

Could you clarify a bit on what will happen after the leader's post up the drafts.

Are we (the contributors) here to edit, tweak and suggest ways to make the drafts better, or are we to write our own proposals that are meant to co-exist with the drafts?

Could you clarify a bit on what will happen after the leader's post up the drafts.

Are we (the contributors) here to edit, tweak and suggest ways to make the drafts better, or are we to write our own proposals that are meant to co-exist with the drafts?

• 1 month later...

ChaosSupremeSonic, is this thing getting close to finished, or at least has a date of completion? This thing needs to get out and be shoved in SEGA's faces to show that a genuinely intelligent, very dedicated, and not foaming at the mouth fan forum (Us, of course :3) is getting sick of them pandering to the foaming at the mouth people whose minds are permanently stuck in whatever era they don't foam in the mouth about...

If that made sense.

• Thumbs Up 2

Yeah, I really don't want something like this to fizzle out and die, to much work has gone into it already.

Oh trust me, this hasn't died out.

But I'll admit, things have gotten slow. when it comes to everyday life, it can be pretty troubling to schedule. You try working on a project for fun, then two college projects in Computer Science at once while trying you're damnedest to maintain you great GPA and see how taxing that gets. And don't even get me started on the "College diet" you live off of.

I'll see how the others are doing.

I think you've probably done this already, but have you been updating Deadeye about the status of the editorial?

I think you've probably done this already, but have you been updating Deadeye about the status of the editorial?

Things have hit a major snag at the moment. I'd give you an update on that part specifically, but now's not a good time for that.

A little update from myself: I've been busy with college, but now I have a huge block of time to revise my paper. It was already done, but I'm unsatisfied with it and will be revising it to my liking. All I really need to do is... well, start.

I'm not going to be speaking for everyone else but I will say mine will be complete this week.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

Hmm...let's see.

*Dusts off thread*

Yo everyone. Check this out!

Characters: Classic vs. Modern

[sSMB fan responses over characters]

Within the fandom, one thing that definitely stands out are the Sonic characters. They’ve always sparked controversy among those in and out of the fandom, and without a doubt a major aspect of this franchise that has lead to the fandom being an “unpleaseable fanbase” while those in major gaming circles outside of the fandom refer to them as “Sonic’s Shitty Friends”. Characters like Shadow especially cause such a divide that he’s become known as a “Marmite Character” – that is to say, you either love him or you hate him.

However, what is the real issue regarding the characters that causes such a schism among people? The obvious case would be personal preference; not everyone likes the more edgier characters like Shadow or non-action characters like Big. Although sometimes it’s by association, as barely any of the Post-Adventure characters are liked by the more hardcore Classic fans while the fans on the Modern spectrum of the fandom are loathed to return to the Pre-Adventure cast and character designs. Generations seems to have brought to everyone’s attention that Sonic Team are more than aware of this schism and don’t intend to leave either side out, although not everyone seems to believe that message.

Contrary to many media outlet’s claims about the franchise’s characters, it isn’t true that nobody likes them as many of them have a fairly large group of fans who love them. Shadow alone is popular enough that he rivals that of the classic characters Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles, while Blaze has a fairly decent crowd of fans in support of her, and even Big the Cat has a noticeable amount of fans. Many outside of these groups wonder why people love these characters when they feel they’re terrible, but that comes off as a bit self-centered when you don’t actually bother to understand the appeal that draws people to them and place your likings onto them believing that you know better. Understandably, the dislike of the characters comes from their association Sonic’s previous string of bad games such as ShTH and Sonic 06. However, while their criticism of these characters is understandable, the demonization of them is not when critics make little attempt to see ways to improve them from such bad reception (that DOESN’T involve killing them all off). Nowadays the dislike of the characters ends up becoming so hyperbolic that it has become somewhat of a fad to bash them on sight.

Taking a trip on or off the internet and you’ll find varied opinions over many of “Sonic’s Shitty Friends.” Believe it or not, many happen to be major fans of Shadow the Hedgehog as a character, but that doesn’t always imply that such fans are obsessive over him. His game for example brought a number of inappropriate material that have made fans and non-fans alike critical. Typical responses are “Shadow should have stayed dead” for the non-fans while his more supportive fans feel “Shadow is awesome” towards the character, however these responses usually distract from those on both sides who feel they could give a more critical response in their dislike, indifference, or support of the character.

[sSMB responses over the character]

Ever since his debut in SA2, his role in manipulating the events leading to the Space Colony ARK falling towards the Earth opened up some interesting characterization and tone that this series never went through at the time. And while many believed he was dead before coming back in Heroes, I happened to enjoy seeing my favorite character be revived. But with that said, I absolutely hated his game Shadow the Hedgehog and wish it never existed; I still want to keep the character around without that game ruining everything I liked before its development.

But one fan such as myself cannot speak for the fandom at large. I’m not exactly a m

Many fans here at the SSMB hold onto many similar standards.

... How the hell did I not notice this topic before? Maybe because I don't check this sub-forum very often...

Is there still room for people to join in? I'd like to pick Gamplay as my primary and Story as my secondary.

Edited by Masaru Daimon