Awoo.

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD

Detective Shadzter

The revert is returning with the DLC too, but only within the DLC levels:

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/07/03/tony-hawks-pro-skater-hd-thps-3-dlc-brings-back-the-revert/

Airport was my most wanted THPS3 level so glad to see it back. I'm hoping for Canada and also Cruise Ship, but only if they bring back the crazy sea captains (doesn't matter to me if it's the same voices or new ones). "Don't jump in the water, it's wet!"

Is every level from the first and second game returning by the way? If not, which ones are? So far I usually only see the Hanger, School, Downhill, and I honestly can't remember much past that for screenshots, XD.

Is every level from the first and second game returning by the way? If not, which ones are? So far I usually only see the Hanger, School, Downhill, and I honestly can't remember much past that for screenshots, XD.

252668_334753776607158_868033570_n.jpg

Old PlayStation-Graphics Tony Hawk confirmed as a character.

WOW! I'm gonna love this game.

• Thumbs Up 1

This game is gonna kick ass. Great to see a company that really cares about their games. Other HD collections look the same to me, but this is like Halo CE Anniversary kind of shit.

Also, is anyone else hoping for THUG HD?

I remember the THPS1 Tony Hawk was unlockable in THUG 2. Glad to see him back again.

I'd love to see THUG get a sort of deluxe version where the levels have some new segments added onto them in addition to HD graphics. Oh, and the second ending with your character punching Eric Sparrow needs to stay in. That's just too good to leave out.

I might be tempted to break my ban on Activision for this game just for the nostalgia laughs.

Edited by Cobalt_Bolt

Yeah I'm very very FUCKING gutted I cannot play this atm, Xbox crapped out on me and I can't go on it....and I got MS Points purely for this game *sighs* sad.png

Edited by Father Kazama

Is there going to be online-play? Also is it only for PC and X360 or PS3 too?

Yeah this has online play but no local I've heard and yes it's PC, X360 and PS3 only

sYXij.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Thanks. It looks like I'll be buying this then. Especially for the online-play. It brings back memories of the old days when my friend would hog the controller and I'd be forced to just watch >.>

I'm pretty urked there isn't any creat-a-modes, but if they at least maybe make a download pack of it later, I'd be less offended I think. A lot of my replay value comes from making parks and such, I can't believe they'd axe that out.

Still gonna pick it up, even if 15 bucks kinda sounds a little steep for what's in there, but s'cool. I just want to jam to Goldfinger and Lagwagon on my TV again while doing impossible stunts XD.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm pretty urked there isn't any creat-a-modes, but if they at least maybe make a download pack of it later, I'd be less offended I think. A lot of my replay value comes from making parks and such, I can't believe they'd axe that out.

Agreed, I spent too much time in those Create a park mode in the older games than the normal levels so it's sad that they didn't include that :(

Well I know THPS1 didn't have it, but it seems to be a healthy blend of the first two games, and they have manuals as well in this HD remake thing, as well as THPS3 stuff coming. One of THPS2's giant staple was that create-a-park and skater deal, it just boggles me they wouldn't put it in from the get-go.

It's essentially the Sonic 4 of THPS, but just like Sonic 4, even though it isn't very true to the originals like it should be, I still find myself going back to it.

Not to mention it's physics are all wrong...

So did anyone actually get this? I'd love to hear an opinion from someone from here really. I'm still planning to get it whenever it finally hits the PSN, but I guess I'm just excited and want to hear from your side XD.

Like I said above, it's the Tony Hawks equivalent of Sonic 4!

Simply put, it does everything Tony Hawks Pro Skater does and then some, but if you've played enough of the original Pro Skaters, you'll notice differences right off the bat!

Few pros include: Xbox Avatar Support, Plays like Classic Tony Hawks, manual, World's Collide - Powerman 5000 (personal pro)

Some Cons: The games physics are more stiff in comparison, less blood, character looks stiff when bailing, a few glitches here and there (needs some fine tuning), bad choice in levels (seriously Warehouse and hanger are both good levels but they're pretty samey), kinda refers to the last one but the Downhill Jam level is the worst in the game by far, not build well to accommodate pro skater (the only level that really requires you to adapt differently)

Like Sonic 4, it was overhyped as the next best Tony Hawks game, but the cheat unlocks suck (seriously, no spiderman? or any other cool character from THPS or todays era of games?) Level choices are meh at best and the skateboard physics are noticeably different, though regardless of everything I said, I find myself playing this quite often, finally unlocked the last level tonight :)

Overall: It's a step in the right direction, but it would have just been better if all four THPS games were ported to XBLA/PSN/Steam. Not like it can't be done seeing as I know THPS 2 was ported to iOS devices

• 4 weeks later...

Well, for those of you who still care about this game, it's got an August 28 release date for the PS3. Hopefully with the month-long gap, the dev team was able to fix some of the problems present in the original release. Also, thanks to Gamescom, we got some gameplay footage of two of the Pro Skater 3 DLC levels.

First up: the previously-announced Airport level

and the newly-confirmed Los Angeles level

The game have a multiplayer mode (local)?

No, Online only!

Wish the DLC would hurry up, I've maxed out my Xbox avatar, I've unlocked 2 out of 4 secret characters and I have all achievements, c'mon Activision, help me end my summer on a high note with some more pro skating!