Awoo.

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD

Detective Shadzter

So much yes. I'm guessing some of the secret characters like Spider-Man and Darth Maul will have to be cut for copyright reasons, but hopefully that doesn't apply to the soundtracks too. I think I already got to play some of the best levels from 1 and 2 in the THUG era though. I'd actually love to see the first THUG remade in HD with expanded versions of the original levels and the parkour moves from American Wasteland.

Edited by Toothpaste

So much yes. I'm guessing some of the secret characters like Spider-Man and Darth Maul will have to be cut for copyright reasons, but hopefully that doesn't apply to the soundtracks too. I think I already got to play some of the best levels from 1 and 2 in the THUG era though. I'd actually love to see the first THUG remade in HD with expanded versions of the original levels and the parkour moves from American Wasteland.

The Spider-Man games are still being published by Activision, so I think he could still be in it.

http://www.joystiq.c...ummer-for-15-i/

More Information on the HD remake of THPS and a screenshot of Warehouse oh the memories biggrin.png gonna add that too my slideshow background tongue.png

thpshdscreenshot1.jpg

Tony Hawk Ride developer Robomodo is on board as developer -- but don't worry, the controls will be handled by normal gamepads. It sounds like more updating is being done, other than just revamped graphics for old THPS 1 and 2 levels, as the game features a new cast of skateboarding pros, including "Nyjah Huston, Chris Cole, Eric Koston, Andrew Reynolds, Rodney Mullen, Lyn-z Adams Hawkins (Pastrana), Riley Hawk, and, of course, Tony Hawk himself." Hawk also said that "We've updated many elements to reflect today's skateboarding scene as well." Not having spent any weeknights in any bank parking lots lately, we aren't sure what that refers to.

first bit bold clears up anything if people think that Ride plastic skateboard crap was gonna be involved and Tony's son Riley Hawk is in the game.......honestly no sale if no Bucky Lasek or Bam Margera doesn't make the cut I always used Bucky and Hawk in the original tongue.png

According to Activision's unnecessarily coy press release, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD will be available "only on leading consoles' networks for about $15," sometime this summer.

So this means PSN and XBLA releases only then ?? also I think the price is pretty fair £10 isn't bad smile.png

Edited by Shaddix Leto Croft

So this means PSN and XBLA releases only then ?? also I think the price is pretty fair £10 isn't bad smile.png

$15? LOL typical of Activision.

That game better be worth shelling over $15; I'm sure as hell AIN'T going to repeat the LAST time I spent $15 bucks on a mediocre game. *glares at Sonic 4*

• Thumbs Up 2

Reading this makes me sad

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD probably won't include the original soundtrack, Activision has said.

"Probably not," was Activision community mouthpiece Dan Amrich's assessment on the

One of Swords blog.

"First of all, 'original soundtrack' to which game?" Amrich asked. "THPS HD is not a straight reissue; it's neither THPS1 or THPS2, but a new game based on the levels and gameplay from both of those games.

"Second, music licensing is a one-time deal. The songs from the original games were only licensed for those specific games on those specific platforms at that specific time. Any other versions created later would need new licensing deals. This is also why not all songs from earlier Guitar Hero games are importable into later games: They only signed permission for it to be used in that one game. Any change means it's a different deal."

Amrich did offer veteran Tony Hawk's fans a glimmer of hope, though. Activision may try to get some of the songs from the original games, "but it's simply not a sure thing".

He pointed to the game's

Facebook page, where fans can make request.

"But from a legal/licensing standpoint, they are back to square one," Amrich explained.

"Having the same levels of the original games is not the same thing as having the same soundtrack.

"Third, consider that the THPS series was famous helping break new bands on its soundtracks; the reason a lot of these songs are such a strong part of people's memories - beyond sheer repetition during gameplay! - is that THPS is the game that introduced you to that song or that artist. It's entirely possible that the devs will stick with that tradition and mix up some classic tracks with new music. If that turns out to be the case, all you can hope is that some of those classic tracks are the ones you remember."

Amrich doesn't expect an announcement on the soundtrack "for some time". "Worst case scenario? Create a playlist and play the old songs while you play the new game. And cross your fingers in the meantime."

Downloadable game THPSHD includes "the best levels from THPS1 and THPS2, rebuilt and remastered for modern machines by Robomodo. "School" and "Downhill" are included.

"It's the "best of our first two games but for the new consoles," Tony Hawk said ahead of the Spike VGAs. "All the same gameplay people love and the joystick controls, big scoring combos and a lot of the classic stuff we had but some new stuff as well."

Gamers will enjoy the old school Pro Skater gameplay because of "the replayability" Hawk added.

"People can come back to it and find new challenges to do, not just the ones we set up for them. But we're going back to the old two minute challenges, collect the letters, get the combos, get the scores. I'm out of my mind excited about it."

http://www.eurogamer...inal-soundtrack

If it doesn't have the original soundtrack I will be sad ....but there is always custom soundtrack but it won't be the same I just hope they can include memorable tracks from THPS1 and THPS2 while having some new songs for the remake.

So I've been playing THPS1 today and while in the menu that menu music played like always

and it hit me that this music has to be remade for THPS-HD or just featured in the game in some way but if it isn't I'll be totally disappointed or at least have THPS2 menu music even though it isn't as good as this track.

They don't need the original soundtrack honestly.

As a participant to many ska and punk shows, I'm pretty damn sure all of those bands like Goldfinger, Less Than Jake, The Explosion, Agent Orange, and so forth would be more than down to sign up for this again; at least Less Than Jake, XD (Yes I'm aware it wasn't just ska/punk, but shh, that's what I want the most, >=U). The thing is, if some of these older bands were to get in on this, I have a feeling maybe some of their newer material would make it. And honestly? I think I'd rather have it that way. This is "Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD," which is bringing our nostalgic past here into present day, and why not do this for the music as well?

But yeah, I think it'll stay true to 90s roots at least. They seem like they definitely have that point across. So here's to hoping for some 90s bands to return, modernly or not, >D! And I don't know if they'll go as far as THPS4, but please, if they ARE going to bring back some old songs some how, THIS:

• 2 months later...

HOLY BUMP!!!!!

Anyway, first official set of gameplay. (starts 30 seconds in)

YAY I LOVE THE SCHOOL LEVEL!!!

Looks somewhat floaty compared to the originals, but the graphics look awesome!!

Kind of looks like a medium between the classics and moon gravity..and are those hood physics I see? Awesome!

Behold: I am presenting several articles:

http://www.shacknews.com/article/72869/tony-hawk-confirms-skater-roster-soundtrack-for-hd-revamp

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2012/03/tony-hawks-pro-skater-hd-may-receive-levels-from-later-games-as-dlc/

Article 1 says that THPSHD will actually feature half of the original soundtracks and some other songs that'll fit the spirit of the series (Before anyone asks, yes, "Superman" by Goldfinger is present in the game).

Some of the skaters include Chris Cole (as seen in the video in my previous post), Nyjah Houston, Eric Koston, Rodney Mullen (the god of street skating), and even Tony's son, Riley (that's pretty sweet).

As for secret characters...

OFFICER DICK AND OLLIE THE MAGIC BUM ARE GOING TO APPEAR! WHOOOOOO!

There will be online multiplayer, but not much is known.

Article 2 states that if the game is successful, some levels from the later games in the series will appear as DLC (*crosses fingers for Pro Skater 3's cruise ship*).

A lot of this info can be found in this video (with more gameplay footage!) P.S. The Hawkman's getting pretty old haha

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

MORE CONFIRMED NEWS:

1) The game is slated for a June release.

2) Pro Skater 3 DLC levels will be available sometime after release

3) Another returning song:

Bad Religion- "You" (from Pro Skater 2)

and since it's May 16, it's time for an awesomely relevant song from Pro Skater 2:

[media=]

Edited by Hiro Kageyama
  • Thumbs Up 1

MORE CONFIRMED NEWS:

1) The game is slated for a June release.

2) Pro Skater 3 DLC levels will be available sometime after release

3) More returning songs:

Bad Religion- "You" (from Pro Skater 2)

Rage Against the Machine- "Guerilla Radio" (from Pro Skater 2)

Dead Kennedys- "Police Truck" (from Pro Skater 1)

and since it's May 16, it's time for an awesomely relevant song from Pro Skater 2:

[media=]

I'm so ready for this game =D, Seeing old tracks return makes me SUPER happy, THPS3 DLC ? OH FUCK YES I cannot wait I hope they do Canada or the Cruise ship and a release next month sounds fantastic! Roll on June! biggrin.png

FUCK YES.

I wasn't too concerned with at least some of the music returning. Most ska bands that still hold their rights to their songs are pretty cool bros with everyone in this (Goldfinger), but it's great that there's now a confirmation, <3.

As for the other news, I'm pretty excited for the DLC, even if I didn't really get to play THPS3 much. It might be a stretch, but I really hope some THP4 levels make it too, I loved a lot of those.

But yeah! Definitely one of my most hyped games this year.

• Thumbs Up 1

Full soundtrack has finally been revealed!

The soundtrack, Just as promised, is half-old songs, and half-new songs. The setlist is pretty small due to the smaller budget they had to work on the game. It's around the size of Pro Skater 2's soundtrack, so it kinda adds to the old-school feel I guess.

Without further ado, here's the soundtrack!!

Songs from the older games:

Anthrax & Public Enemy: “Bring the Noise”

Goldfinger: “Superman”

Powerman 5000: “When Worlds Collide”

Consumed: “Heavy Metal Winner”

Lagwagon: “May 16”

Millencolin: “No Cigar”

Bad Religion: “You”

Newer music:

Pigeon John: “The Bomb”

Lateef the Truthspeaker: “We the People”

Pegasuses-XL: “Marathon Mansion!”

Apex Manor: “Teenage Blood”

Telekinesis: “Please Ask for Help”

El-P featuring Trent Reznor: “Flyentology (Cassettes Won’t Listen Remix)”

Middle Class Rut: “USA”

If you've played Pro Skater 1 & 2 a lot, all the old songs should be easy to remember. Apparently the "Guerilla Radio" and "Police Truck" announcements were just rumors. Kind of a shame, since that means that there's only one song from Pro Skater 1 in HD. They still picked a nice selection of songs, though. I'm glad they got a lot of the awesome songs from THPS2 (Bring the Noise, May 16, Heavy Metal Winner, and No Cigar especially) and of course, they had to add "Superman" or else it wouldn't be a true retro Tony Hawk tribute XD. Some other songs I wish were on the soundtrack are "Here and Now" by The Ernies, "Euro Barge" by the Vandals, "Cyclone" by Dub Pistols, and "Out With The Old" by Alley Life & Black Planet.

The new selections are overall pretty good. Some of the songs seem a little on the "meh" side at first listen, but none of them are really that bad in my opinion. My favorite song out of the new bunch is definitely "USA". That song's gonna fit perfectly in my opinion. My other favorites are "Flyentology" and "The Bomb".

The soundtrack overall kinda reminds me of the soundtracks of the more recent titles, (American Wasteland-Shred) because of the diverse genre selection, the new songs especially, half of them being Indie Rock.

and now, all that's left for this game are the entire stage list and release date...

Edited by Hiro Kageyama

Wow, I kinda thought one of Less Than Jake's new songs would be shoe'd in but nope! I'll have to check out these new additions a bit later, but definitely liking the returning ones, >D.

So here I am.

Doing everything I can.

Holding on to what I am.

Pretending I'm a Superman.

:D

Edited by Solkia-kun
  • Thumbs Up 3

• 4 weeks later...

RELEASE DATE TIME!!!(well sorta)

The game has finally been given a release date of July 18 on XBLA as a part of Microsoft's Summer of Arcade promotion

No word on a specific PSN date yet but it's supposed to come out a couple weeks after... (PS3 owner...feelzbadman)

Also, here's some E3 footage of the game featuring a new mode called "Big Head Survival". The object of the mode is to land as many tricks as possible to prevent your head from growing, and then eventually blowing up. Ignore how bad this guy playing is lol

and to end this post...

179896_325691444180058_547950994_n.jpg

IT'S OFFICER DICK BOYEEEEEEE!!!

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh god I'm gonna spend a lot of time on that mode, It does look so much fun to play trying to prevent your head from exploding xD and I don't believe that guy when he says he's rusty at THPS he just sucks anyway biggrin.png, I better save £10 for THPSHD anyway cannot wait!!

YES OFFICER DICK WOOP.....Need moar Spider-Man though wink.png

Edited by Shaddix Croft

More characters.

542516_327005427381993_792692337_n.jpg

Hey look, it's Ollie the Magic Bum!

Robot_School2_Grind.jpg

and this is apparently Robomodo's mascot, named Roberta. Never even seen their mascot before, but she looks pretty damn cool.

LOL I can't believe I had hope in this game. I thought they would pick all the 4 original THPS and mash-it together in ONE 'downloadable-widescreen-HD-ish-filtered-awesome-game' and not that bullshit with half-dozen levels and musics. I am very dissapointed. Going to wait 'till the originals made into the PSONE classics on PSN.