Official Anime/Manga Thread

Random Rhyme

So I watched Kuroko no Basket S2 1-

GOD.

I MISSED KUROKO NO BASKET SO MUCH OKAY.

AND IT´S FINALLY BACK.

AND I JUST-

i dunno

the episode WAS VERY GOOD OKAY. EVERYTHING WAS PERFECT.

------------------------

(A more serious review below)

-Okay, so I had some doubts about this episode, because I liked first season a lot and I feared that the charm would be lost. It didn´t. I liked this episode a lot and it reminded me the feeling of enjoyment I had while I was still watching the first season.

-The animation has improved a lot, and HOLY SHIT THAT OPENING.

-I liked that the first-year juniors got more screentime.

-New guy is handsome cool, and my OTP list keep increasing his relationship with Taiga seems nice.

-

MURASAKIBARA BITCHES

t-they are going to lose the match next episode, right? ;;.

Edited by Ristar

OK I just spotted a CG effect they flat out forgot to put a material on.  Episode 13 just before 10:52 if you're on crunchyroll.  They use swords because for some reason that's easier than building more accurate guns.  Heck, even just an RPG would be a lot more useful.  Also a lot of the bumpers talk about a lot of important things being strangely proprietary, such as the construction of the maneuvering gear.  

I also can't help but notice that Olivier Armstrong is just in this show for some reason.  

So I assume I'm not the only one here anymore who thought AoT got boring.

I'm still kind of enjoying it.  I don't think I've seen an anime this side of bleach where it was more apparent that they were adapting one issue into one episode damn the consequences.  Also the most angry eyebrows this side of dragonball.  

More Fall season pilot thoughts and shit:

Golden Time- from the creator of Toradora (which I enjoyed a good bit). I like how the main heroine is pretty much a total mixture of all three Toradora heroines (looks/hair color similar to Taigai, body like Ami, shares personality traits and voice actresses with Minori). I think I'm gonna enjoy this one.

I Couldn’t Become a Hero, So I Reluctantly Decided to Get a Job (Jesus, that title DX )- Fanservice-filled anime are a guilty pleasure of mine, but this pilot of this one was just...ehhh.... The actual comedy was kinda boring/dry, and as much as (for some reason) enjoy fanservice, it actually got a bit cringeworthy. I'll probably keep watching to see if it gets better, but I won't get my hopes up.

Log Horizon- oh hey it's SAO 2013 In all seriousness, despite the fact that the premise is similar to that of SAO, the first episode seemed to interest me enough. If it gets better from there, it might (emphasis on the word might) end up being what SAO should've been.

I don't know. Was Golden Time ever a manga? I think I remember reading something to this effect and not being able to get into it,

Shingeki no Kyojin 50:

-Hannes ;__;)7

-Eren was BADASS for once.

-It seems that Eren is able to control titans. Wat.

This is a huge advantage, and can lead to a lot of possibilities, but like Bert and Reiner said, this power is in the wrong hands, because I´m pretty sure that Eren will think of using this power for vengeance. Let´s hope not.

-I know Mikasa thanking Eren for everything was supposed to be a cute moment and stuff, but the horde of titans fighting in the background and everyone suffering made me lose my shit.

I still find it funny that Eren tried to punch the titan.

Hannes staring like that after he...I just can't ._.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ayo how's about we shut up about Kill la Kill and talk about the show that really matters this season

tumblr_mu3qa4OE3M1ricgg0o1_500.gif

Fucking Kyoukai no Kanata

I will now demonstrate why you should watch this through a series of gifs and images.

tumblr_mu7qr1lX0U1rbmhueo1_400.gif

tumblr_mu7xs8mk3U1sdsm3mo1_500.gif

tumblr_mu7wj8sLJg1r8zaxto2_250.gif

tumblr_mu7wj8sLJg1r8zaxto4_250.gif

tumblr_mu7t94bwww1s7y42uo6_500.jpg

Woah would ya look at that the show's damn gorgeous. Yeah. KyoAni does that. 'Cause they're awesome. There are also characters that are interesting and fun, and that's cool. Also the plot is being set up so there's not too much happening but at the same time it's still very intriguing. 

So yeah watch it 'cause it's awesome. 11/10.

(actually seriously though) - 

Haven't been bothered to watch Kill la Kill because I don't care for Gainax as I've said a million times. Damn shame, too. I love their over-the-top flair. Kyoukai no Kanata was really cool, and the first ep has me interested in what'll happen next. Also, the animation and art direction is seriously top notch. I'm excited to see more, and I'm glad it met my high expectations.

Edited by Discoid
  • Thumbs Up 3

Speaking of GAINAX, I finished watching season one of MEDAKA BOX tonight.  I have to say, I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would.  Even if a lot of it didn't make much sense (par for the course with GAINAX, I suppose).  Will definitely check out season two.

Ayo how's about we shut up about Kill la Kill and talk about the show that really matters this season

tumblr_mu3qa4OE3M1ricgg0o1_500.gif

Fucking Kyoukai no Kanata

I will now demonstrate why you should watch this through a series of gifs and images.

tumblr_mu7qr1lX0U1rbmhueo1_400.gif

tumblr_mu7xs8mk3U1sdsm3mo1_500.gif

tumblr_mu7wj8sLJg1r8zaxto2_250.gif

tumblr_mu7wj8sLJg1r8zaxto4_250.gif

tumblr_mu7t94bwww1s7y42uo6_500.jpg

Woah would ya look at that the show's damn gorgeous. Yeah. KyoAni does that. 'Cause they're awesome. There are also characters that are interesting and fun, and that's cool. Also the plot is being set up so there's not too much happening but at the same time it's still very intriguing. 

So yeah watch it 'cause it's awesome. 11/10.

(actually seriously though) - 

Haven't been bothered to watch Kill la Kill because I don't care for Gainax as I've said a million times. Damn shame, too. I love their over-the-top flair. Kyoukai no Kanata was really cool, and the first ep has me interested in what'll happen next. Also, the animation and art direction is seriously top notch. I'm excited to see more, and I'm glad it met my high expectations.

Personally I thought it was just ok, so I'm not really getting the hype you're making for it at the moment. Animation is nice, but I find myself not really caring much for what's actually happening atm. I mean its not bad or anything but at the same time I'm not getting any "omg" vibes off it yet. Now if it turns out to be a philosophical psychological anime, then I'm all the way in.

Other than that I still have yet to find an anime this season that will grip me.

Edited by Noel

Personally I thought it was just ok, so I'm not really getting the hype you're making for it at the moment. Animation is nice, but I find myself not really caring much for what's actually happening atm.

*shrug*

I enjoyed it. I like the dialogue and it has the KyoAni charm and polish I've come to expect from them. Laughed out loud a few times too.

Somebody kill me, this is awful.

Yes, someone kill Soniman, someone licensed an anime and is doing a dub on it, and is bringing it to home video so people can buy it and add it to their collection. Oh the pain.

I enjoyed it. I like the dialogue and it has the KyoAni charm and polish I've come to expect from them. Laughed out loud a few times too.

I'm not saying its bad, I just reserve my judgement on things until I've seen more than one episode. Three episodes is usually what it takes for me to decide if something is going to be a must see, or a decent show, or downright awful... ok downright awful can happen in an episode but still.

Edited by Noel

Yes, someone kill Soniman, someone licensed an anime and is doing a dub on it, and is bringing it to home video so people can buy it and add it to their collection. Oh the pain.

Yeah that's totally the issue I had with it, not the fact that the voice is awful and doesn't suit the character at all. 

Yeah that's totally the issue I had with it, not the fact that the voice is awful and doesn't suit the character at all. 

Big whoop, blurays/dvd's have dual audio, don't like it switch it off. I don't see the issue here. I really don't see the issue with the dub voice, its not great but most fans are happy to just get the anime licensed for distribution in the west, considering how bad the industry current is right now.

Edited by Noel
  • Thumbs Up 2

Whenever I hear a dub isn't being done by Funimation I instantly lose interest. Thank god Attack on Titan was licensed by Funi almost immediately after it came out.

Funimation isn't the only dubbing company out there tho :\

To add to that, they are not the only ones capable of doing a good dub.

Did Funimation do the Panty & Stocking dub? Because if they did I'll be in complete disagreement with that statement, fucking hated the P&S dubbing uuggghh... 

• Thumbs Up 1

The PSG dub was fucking great, dont know what was so bad it at all.

Edited by Soniman

It was obnoxious as all hell....but I'm almost certain that was the point considering the type of show it is.

But yea, Funimation aren't always ringers...only when they bring out their veterans others.....eh. Like their Index dub was just....boring.

Edited by Azure Yakuzu

Almost everyone here did.

The initial reception was a step under the recent Kill la Kill reception. I could practically hear the fapping through my speakers.

Probably because it was needlessly over the top compared to the Japanese dub? I watched it in Japanese first, then the English dub and I wasn't aware that being a voice actor for P&S was to curse into a microphone all episode and call each other whore and bitch, every.episode.

Yes it's supposed to be bad, not that bad. And after watching the Japanese dub their voices don't fit the characters at all, at least not to me.

But why am I not surprised you guys love it? It's Gainax, and like Solkia said If I wasn't listening to music, I could probably hear the fanwanking from here =P

Edited by Zeena
  • Thumbs Up 1