Awoo.

Official Anime/Manga Thread

Random Rhyme

You guys have clearly not seen the 600 dollar Gurren Lagann boxset (I apologize if it's annoying that I keep bringing this show up but I have not seen a more expensive boxset). Like, seriously? Like I know it includes a ton of stuff but...............669.99? 

Edited by Chaos Warp

Actually I think there's an EVA one which is even more than that, I know when you combine the volumes of the Panty & Stocking Blu-Ray special editions it comes to just under $600 as well.

Well, its cheaper than the Japanese release which was like $349 per set, totaling out to around $708, not including shipping.

There is no reason an anime DVD should cost this much.

There is no reason an anything DVD should cost this much.

You're not buying a 3-year-old game console, you're buying a friggin' DVD.

I could show you bluray prices that'd make your mouth drop lower than that. Tee hee. happy.png I love my hobby XP

Edited by Noel

Is there any reason they can't sell these at standard DVD prices?

Edited by Dizcrybe

Is there any reason they can't sell these at standard DVD prices?

Well, they're not standard Bluray sets, and Aniplex prices things similar to how things are priced in Japan. Japanese blurays and dvds are fucking expensive. One anime dvd/bluray in Japan can run you like $60, and it only has 2 episodes on it, sometimes three. Like collecting anime is an expensive hobby, standard anime half season sets from Funimation can run $50. Collecting anime/being someone who likes to buy anime, its a more expensive hobby than gaming will ever be depending on which you're more invested into.

Edited by Noel

Man, sounds like you'd have to be paid to have a decent-sized anime collection.

Having a job helps lol, I don't buy series on DVD unless I REALLY like it, same with Manga.

Btw Noel, Nippon Yasan FINALLY shipped iBRS like, 3 seconds ago.

Oh my goddddddddddddddddddddd.... bout fucking time!

Edited by Zeena

Marathon'd Danganronpa today, managed to avoid all spoilers as someone who never played the game and I gotta say it was good. I guess my only problem was how plain the main character was. I know he's directly from the game and supposed to represent the player but geez, give the guy a personality instead of looking shocked to the point of fainting or showing off his intensive attention to detail during trials.

Oh well, the next season's been hinted at and I know the second game featured a deserted island sort of scene, so maybe that might be good despite the rabbit Usami looking a little dull in design compared to Monobear.

The art style switches was glorious though, I gotta say. So stylised to look like a game.

Ladies and gentelmen, the anime of the season:

fa3177.gif

Look at that fucking Quality, shit's amazing.

this is gonna be so fucking bad lol.

Edited by Azure Yakuzu

BlazBlue Alter Memory is out

http://www.funimation.com/shows/blazblue/videos/official/the-red-rebel/anime

http://say-move.org/comeplay.php?comeid=917216 <- For europeans. You get no subs tho.

Absolutely fucking loved this. It was a bit short but I don't care.

Edited by 吸血 Morrigan Aensland (Jin)
  • Thumbs Up 1

Ladies and gentelmen, the anime of the season:

fa3177.gif

Look at that fucking Quality, shit's amazing.

this is gonna be so fucking bad lol.

GOD

It was obvious since it was made to increase the game sales BUT STILL.

Edited by Ristar
  • Thumbs Up 1

Welp, sat down and watched Blazblue, ya know despite my first impressions it actually wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be...its still pretty bad mind you, but still entertaining at least. Of course, this is me speaking as a fan. Nobody here probably is gonna like it which means do not go near it, at all.

My review:

Plot: Yea, I'm gonna echo everyone else and say the pacing was horrible. The plot just seemed to move along with almost no coherence of what was going on......so I'd say its an accurate depiction of the game's plot. :V On a series note, it was bad but it seems to be justified because they are covering CS too it seems....I probably would have preferred just CT.

Characters: Nothing much to say here, Ragna is Ragna, Jin is Jin, and Tao is Tao.

Animation: lol.....Ok, it was...alright but still pretty bad at some points.. I honestly expected far worse, but the fights themselves were actually pretty alright; nothing felt stiff(...Well aside from Jin's laughable Ice Blade).

Sound: Probably the best part of the entire damn thing. I loved all of the remixes, my favorites are probably UHD and Lust SIN. Their only flaw is that they are too fucking short and somewhat misplaced(Seriously, Rebellion should have played longer during Ragna's raid).

Ragna vs. Hakumen pls.

Visuals: A little dried out, but nothing too offensive....aside from Ragna's arm after he woke up from Noel's lap....seriously, what the fuck was up with that?

Final Verdict: Average, and that's being nice as a fan. A more cynical anime reviewer would have called it mediocre-shit. But yea, it should keep me entertained for the next 15 days tho.

Yeah, turns out Blazblue is an average attempt to make money for their games.

It was terrible, the critics thought it was terrible, it was all-round terrible.

Oh well, somebody out there might like it, I guess.

• Thumbs Up 1

I tried out Beyond The Boundary the other day on Crunchyroll, wrote a huge thing about it on tumblr but basically my feelings on it are that it looks pretty I guess. That is kinda where I started to run out of nice things to say about it and everything else either felt downright awful to me or wasn't interesting to me at all. Most of it had to stem with the setting, the dude character (he is so painfully boring) and the glasses girl I can't remember the name of either. She was the coolest...but also doubly the most annoying at the same time what with the overuse of the 'cutesy' gag of her falling on her face all the time despite also moments prior to each time showing off just how graceful in her movements she can be. It wasn't cute and it wasn't funny, although I will concede the part where she had the bucket on the head gave me a small chuckle but the rest of the gags weren't doing it for me. Also I have to reiterate that the dude is so boring I am sad he is some sort of immortal guy.

I do have to ask though, is that kind of humour and 'cuteness' kind of the norm for this animation studio? I can't say I have watched anything else by them so I am not familiar with their work although the consensus I seem to be gathering is that it kind of is? I'll probably keep watching a few more episodes because I managed to stick out 4 episodes of the extremely atrocious Gatchaman Crowds before giving it up, and this -does- in the end seem to have more promise to it if only for the ability to showcase some well animated fight sequences. So I'm not ruling it out yet but it hasn't done anything for me.

Yeah, turns out Blazblue is an average attempt to make money for their games.

It was terrible, the critics thought it was terrible, it was all-round terrible.

LOL, yea like the people who play the game because this shit is hilarious. I'm wondering those who watched episode 1 what they thought baout the pacing because I'm quite sure you were probably like "what the fuck is happening, why is she on a ship now! why are they fighting!?" lol.

Edited by Noel

Time to start a petition for Michael Bomber, Wild Wiseman, Young Gang Chaos, and Do En Boo Doo to made playable cast members.  

Ok, I'm just gonna edit this post with whatever pops into my head while I'm watching this, first off, when Noel brought news of Ragna to Jin and he starts his slasher grin laughing, I thought for a moment that she was going to start uncomfortably laughing with him like you might at your boss's bad joke.  Also this show had an into that was largely just clips that are probably from this very episode.  

I thought for a moment that Tao might be enjoyable but then I remembered that I get nothing from her japanese voice and they also didn't animate her mouth correctly.  

I'm just going to imagine that this flashback is taking place in real time and Ragna is just starting wall eyed at Tao until they're done with it.

Wow is that seriously what Jubei's Japanese voice sounds like or did they just generic it up for anime?  

Hakumen's sword is way too curved.  

Edited by Phos
  • Thumbs Up 1

it was bad but it seems to be justified because they are covering CS too it seems....I probably would have preferred just CT.

Um... They're not :/

hi

Wow is that seriously what Jubei's Japanese voice sounds like or did they just generic it up for anime? 

It's the original.

• Thumbs Up 1

Um... They're not :/

hi

It's the original.

Then please explain why the 6th Volume of the anime is going to come with a Mu-12 petite nendoroid. Seems silly to include a character from CS if they're not going to cover CS.

Then please explain why the 6th Volume of the anime is going to come with a Mu-12 petite nendoroid. Seems silly to include a character from CS if they're not going to cover CS.

They're going to give out free DLC for CP stages too.

Are you going to tell me they're featuring CP too?

I don't really see how a collectors extra matters.

They're going to give out free DLC for CP stages too.

Are you going to tell me they're featuring CP too?

I don't really see how a collectors extra matters.

And do you have any concrete evidence to prove otherwise that it will not include CS storyline, when they have clearly just plowed through Calamity Trigger in just the first episode.

/waiting on a logical answer. Also explain why characters from CS appear in the closing credits if its not going to be covered.

Edited by Noel

And do you have any concrete evidence to prove otherwise that it will not include CS storyline, when they have clearly just plowed through Calamity Trigger in just the first episode.

/waiting on a logical answer.

Shifts. Every story in CT was in a different shift. For example, Noel was killed in Jins shift, so she couldn't have saved Ragna in the True End.

Besides, it clearly says everywhere: "BlazBlue: Alter Memory is an anime adaptation of the BlazBlue fighting game series by Arc System Works. The anime, an adaptation of BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger"

I just saw the anime a while ago, and I really liked it. Look foward to Episode 2. I don't really watch anime on a regular basis, if at all. So maybe that's why this appealed to me. Regardless, I think I'll like this series.

Edited by Jon Talbain