Awoo.

Stop Online Piracy Act & Protect IP Act

Mega

This is it guys! Final hour. Our Final Rush. Our Terminal Velocity. Our End of the World. Our Solaris, Our Final Hazard!

The fate of Internet will be decided now!

• Thumbs Up 7

This is it guys! Final hour. Our Final Rush. Our Terminal Velocity. Our End of the World. Our Solaris, Our Final Hazard!

The fate of Internet will be decided now!

This is a bit more fitting:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=e056R97svz8

Edited by Cero Claus

So this is what that SOPA talk is about?

It's an anti-piracy bill, but if it gets passed, the collateral damage will be massive. And it doesn't even stop piracy, just hinders them, but it also hinders everyone else.

Blah, it's not the bill they're voting.

Someone can delete this post.

Edited by Stardust Speedway

It's an anti-piracy bill, but if it gets passed, the collateral damage will be massive. And it doesn't even stop piracy, just hinders them, but it also hinders everyone else.

I heard that they voted down the changes that were proposed to make SOPA less drastic. What the hell?

If they vote that down, that's a bad sign. Hopefully they vote down the actual bill.

I heard that they voted down the changes that were proposed to make SOPA less drastic. What the hell?

Then the bill becomes way too fucking insane to actually pass. It's fucking genius.

Not like the supporters care. They're practically sitting there metaphorically with their dicks in the open because the idiotic investors and media companies keep encouraging them with cash bills.

I have very little expectation that their opinions will be overturned, even in the face of all this sound evidence and argument being presented against them, telling them to slow the fuck down. Hell, that Mr. Watt douche bag is evidence of this. "Technological experts saying this is stupid? I SEE THE EVIDENCE THERE BUT I DON'T BELIEVE YOU", and then an hour later he still goes on about principles over practice.

• Thumbs Up 1

Holy christ I'm so disgusted that that last amendment didn't pass. The blonde woman said it fucking best, a ten year old can get around this bill and the fact that a majority of our leaders don't even understand this as they debate its passing is just frightening.

So did the Bill actually pass yet?

Even so is it already at "congress" level or is it still in the senate?

Maybe I'm mistaken, but it looks like the two sane senate people are talking right now. I dunno, I'm not following acutely.

There's a lot of sane people speaking out. Only a select few of the supporting crowd are actually coming up with counter-counter-arguments that range from adequate to flimsy since not a single one in the crowd knows shit about how the internet works, and the supporting force is still stacked against them because of this. Those who actually admit they don't know are doing the right thing in suggesting this bill be postponed indefinitely or at least analyzed thoroughly.

Issa is probably the only one who actually knows how this shit will burn everyone on technological levels, but it's like they're practically dead on arrival. The rest of the crew have practically already decided how they're going to vote.

Thank you!

One of these Congress guys are talking about how this thing has similarities to China's great Firewall. At least that's what I think I was hearing. either way its also true because they do block off certain webpages. Youtube is one of them; and Facebook doesn't even exist!

Edited by Shinigami
  • Thumbs Up 1