Awoo.

KHCast

I think when people say modern era they include the dreamcast era too, which makes kinda sense. In that regard I agree. The gameplAy is nice, the level themes and aestethics are mostly.. Meh

Love classic rfr though

Edited by Djawed

The Modern era is probably the overall best part of the game to me, in that it is the only era with no dissapointing/poor levels. Green Hill Modern was poorly designed in addition to being linear, and both City Escape acts were mind-numbingly boring in addition to terrible aesthetics, and I never really cared for Escape From the City.

Modern Crisis City was and always will be a pain in the ass for me.

The beginning already has a problem, who the hell wants to start a level homing attacking over bottomless pits? I wasn't prepared for that the first time and died because I boosted after "GO!" And the rest of the level sucks at some pints too.

The stage is pretty linear, so there's only one path. But there's lots of 3D platforming to make up for this....except that's pretty bad too.

Because it's easy to overshoot or...undershoot a lot of jumps, I found myself falling into lava pits pretty often, and it was annoying. Not to mention those bursts of flame that come up and can knock you down INTO the lava you just went into. I mean, I already have stress timing my jumps right to not fail, why try so hard to make the players life more difficult?

The 2D sections are either boring or tedious, never both fortunately. But the stomp platforms suck. I'd go into detail, but it's pretty late.

That is the only stage a loathe, and it's not even that bad.

I think if they had more wisps to actually use planet wisp would have for me been more exciting. Rocket was just...a lame choice. For me at least. Something like lazer or drill would have been cooler.

Also still sad about no pro. pickle to be seen in the game. Please be a trophy you can earn as dlc later on.

Oh speaking of which what(if they do dlc)stages from the modern era would help it out? For me Sweet Mtn. or Kingdom valley or even night palace(or dinasour jungle. either one is cool.). I can only imagine level design.

Oh Btw I'm really getting used to the new Egg dragoon battle. It could just be the new quotes from Eggman or the music but it's really growing on me.

Edited by Classic Hedgehogs Boost

"long post about modern and classic sonic"

Now that you mention it, your right. I'm not sure if ST had that planned but that's how it turned out.