Awoo.

Sonic Generations: Official Spoiler Topic

Voyant

I need a Black Knight reference. ;w;

Also. Show's that Sonic told Tails about his adventures in Secret Rings. Hm.......

I think that there is a knock-on effect concerning canonicity here. SatBK directly referenced SatSR, which sensically means that SatBK is now canon as well.

Bestbuy in Jacksonville Florida didn't have it. Employee just gave me the ol' "OH! Bestbuy would NEVER break STREETDATE!" line. Yup. So I'm shit out of luck, at least until I find out where another BB near my campus.

I legitimately laughed from the cutscene featured in the new video. It was in-character and absolutely HILARIOUS! Secret Rings and Colors references FTW! XD

• Thumbs Up 1

All the Skills in the video that I saw in the shop:

Sure Footed - Cost: 500 - Land on your feet after getting damaged. This requires 20 Skill Points to equip.

Safety Net - Cost: 1000 - Begin with 10 rings after a restart. This requires 40 Skill Points to equip.

Last Chance - Cost: 2000 - Get an extra life when you're out of lives. This requires 50 Skill Points to equip.

10 Second Rings - Cost: 1500 - Dropped Rings take 10 seconds to disappear. This requires 30 Skill Points to equip.

Athleticism - Cost: 200 - Lose less speed moving uphill and in water. This requires 20 Skill Points to equip

Shield - Cost: 1200 - A Shield protects you from a single hit. This requires 60 Skill Points to equip

Blast Off - Cost: 100 - Press X/Square when "GO!" appears to get a free Boost. This requires 10 Skill Points to equip.

Speed Up - Cost: 300 - Increase Sonic's Speed. This requires 20 Skill Points to equip.

Power Brake - Cost: ? - Stop on a dime, regardless of your speed. This requires 10 Skill Points to equip.

Sega Genesis Controller - Cost: 7777 - Play Sonic the Hedgehog on the Sega Genesis!

Life +1 - Cost: 500 - This gives you one extra life

• Thumbs Up 6

See, I told you guys that the Colors/Happy Tree Friends/MADWORLD writers aren't so bad.

Edited by sonfan1984
  • Thumbs Up 8

This really is the most elaborate marketing campaign I've ever seen!

I applaud you SEGA, you've learned a lot over the years.tongue.png

I just don't buy the "acting" in that youtube video:

Meh...maybe I'm too cynical.

No one can deny that this is fantastic marketing though. Twitter & youtube, two of the biggest social media sites in the world, showing a "leaked" game days before release & creating a massive buzz!

Fair play SEGA. Fair play.laugh.png

Hmm...now I'm wondering whether they'll be mocking ShTH. You know they HAVE to do that to show how that was.

Bonus points if Shadow of all characters mocks it for the crap it gave.

• Thumbs Up 4

I admit, I chuckled a bit when C. Sonic showed right after M. Sonic left and Tails just thought there was no difference at all.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hmm...now I'm wondering whether they'll be mocking ShTH. You know they HAVE to do that to show how that was. Bonus points if Shadow of all characters mocks it for the crap it gave.
I hope he does. XD

Hmm...now I'm wondering whether they'll be mocking ShTH. You know they HAVE to do that to show how that was.

Sonic will most likely make a comment like "What, no guns? That's not like you at all"

Sonic vs Shadow

Sonic: I have to say, these chaos spears are a million times better than when you used to handle guns.

Shadow: The one time I wished I had amnesia

Edited by Soniman032-
  • Thumbs Up 7

I was ever so slightly amused at the way Sonic sits on his chair in cutscene select XD And C Sonic is certainly a cute little fella with those gestures.

• Thumbs Up 1

LOVE the Sonic 2 multiplayer results screen music :D Is the information pod music a remix from another game too?

This really is the most elaborate marketing campaign I've ever seen!

I applaud you SEGA, you've learned a lot over the years.tongue.png

I just don't buy the "acting" in that youtube video:

Meh...maybe I'm too cynical.

No one can deny that this is fantastic marketing though. Twitter & youtube, two of the biggest social media sites in the world, showing a "leaked" game days before release & creating a massive buzz!

Fair play SEGA. Fair play.laugh.png

notsureifserious.jpg

• Thumbs Up 5

After analyzing the video, the first three cutscenes are titled:

Abducted Friends

Two Sonics

Are We In The Past?

Edited by chaoscontrol14

Also, I loved that cutscene between Sonic and Tails. Made me smile very much. In particular, the bit at the beginning where Sonic says "Is it me, or is that place we were just in awfully familiar?" and Tails responds with "Not to me". Humble beginnings indeed :3

• Thumbs Up 1

Is the information pod music a remix from another game too?

I think it's a remix of Sea Gate from Heroes?

Edited by Lungo

This Sonic and the Secret Rings reference just reminded me that SEGA included that game in that 20th Anniversary video. So... we can confirm that game is canon now? tongue.png

• Thumbs Up 2

God damn, I'm so pissed off. All three bestbuy's near me lack the game. Visited one in person, and called both the others. This is bad news for everyone, because I wouldn't even be playing the game if I got it; I'd be getting straight onto here and asking how to rip the soundtrack for everyone.

You know, it's a good thing I live in Texas...I'm going to go by Best Buy and see if they has it.

BRB, Ya'll!

Part of me weeps for Storybook being canon, probably just cause I hated them. I always said there was really no reason they shouldn't be though so yeah.

I admit, I chuckled a bit when C. Sonic showed right after M. Sonic left and Tails just thought there was no difference at all.