Awoo.

Sonic Generations: Official Spoiler Topic

Voyant

Apparently, even though she's made it up to Sky Sanctuary, the two Sonics haven't met each other yet. WHUR'S MY INTERACTION, DANG IT?!

I don't think there's only 13 cutscenes. As some people have said it might be for extra cutscenes like in Unleashed (which if so, 13 turns from a small amount into a large one!). There was way more than 13 cutscene names found in the demo back in June.

I don't think there's only 13 cutscenes. As some people have said it might be for extra cutscenes like in Unleashed (which if so, 13 turns from a small amount into a large one!). There was way more than 13 cutscene names found in the demo back in June.

Just for the record, the IGN guy played the intro cutscene from the cutscene viewer in the gallery section. I'm inclined to believe there's 13 of them.

Yeah, I'm expecting those Sonic shorts that we got in Unleashed. It's Sonic's birthday so here's hoping. Those are always entertaining. :D

Apparently, even though she's made it up to Sky Sanctuary, the two Sonics haven't met each other yet. WHUR'S MY INTERACTION, DANG IT?!

This, so much. Character interaction is my drug, and it sounds like it won't give me enough of a fix if even the starring characters haven't met yet. :<

So looking through the assets, it seems cutscene events are numbered as such:

1 SEGA Logo Cutscene (lol)

11 CG Cutscenes

1 Credits (lol)

19 Story Cutscenes [in-Game]

17 NPC Character Cutscenes (likely mini cutscenes before VS or co-op stages)

11 Rival Cutscenes (Oui? There's only three rivals though. However, it could be that miniature in-game cutscenes initiate during the battle, there's an idea)

14 Viewer Cutscenes (I have no idea what this is)

Got this from the hacking thread. 14 viewing cutscenes? Closest number to 13, maybe it's something to do with those?

Edited by ENVY

I'm starting to believe there's more stuff you have to do to activate these cutscenes...

There should be more than what we've been hearing so far.

Okay, so apparently, in the second cutscene they "just miss each other," ala An American Tale.

I wonder when they'll actually meet up? After Death Egg Robot, perhaps?

Edited by chaoscontrol14

Am I the only one that actually thinks less cutscenes is a GOOD thing?

Think about it this way, with less cutscenes, not only does it help to speed up the pace of the game overall, but it means that they can cram more of the more important things into it.

Okay, so apparently, in the second cutscene they "just miss each other," ala, An American Tale.

I wonder when they'll actually meet up? After Metal Sonic, perhaps?

Isn't Metal Sonic after Chemical Plant though?

Wait, in regards to the cutscene count;

Maybe the thirteen is only in regards to the full-fledged story cutscenes. Look at Heroes; there were galleries with story cutscenes in them, but there were lots of smaller cutscenes you could only watch again by going back to it in Story mode.

• Thumbs Up 1

Not liking how this is happening...does that mean Classic Sonic meets Modern Sonic after his erm..."Boss Battle" in "That Place?"

Isn't Metal Sonic after Chemical Plant though?

He is, I just wasn't thinking that hard. :P Post edited for accuracy.

The Best Buy in Winnipeg Manitoba Canada also is selling it early BUT I CAN'T GET THERE DDDDDDDDDDDDDDD; Waiting on a friend to call me back possibly with a ride ;_;

(I called them and clarified /3 times/ "For sale...RIGHT now?! I can walk into the store and get it RIGHT NOW?" and they said "YES" all 3 times. xD)

Edited by Aptiva

So it's starting to look like both Sonic's and Tails' might not meet up until the end before the Time Eater fight. I was hoping they would interact throughout the game :(

Wait, but who would Classic Tails "translate" Classic Sonic for if CSonic and CTails don't meet MSonic and MTails until the very end?

Edited by chaoscontrol14

Wait, but who would Classic Tails "translate" Classic Sonic for if CSonic and CTails don't meet MSonic and MTails until the very end?

Maybe the characters he saves?

But I hope the Sonics do meet up before the Time Eater battle

There was also the CGI cutscene in Green Hill at the end of the boss trailer....Guess they must end up back in Green Hill at some point.

So it's starting to look like both Sonic's and Tails' might not meet up until the end before the Time Eater fight. I was hoping they would interact throughout the game sad.png

I really hope that isn't the case, it'd be the one thing about this game that genuinely depresses me.

Actually, assuming something along those lines is the case, perhaps this would explain the scores reviews have been giving to the story? It doesn't really make sense to do anything other than meet up both incarnations of Sonic and Tails for possible interactions. I was really hoping they'd meet up in Green Hill and go from there.

How the story will play out just became much more interesting...

The Best Buy in Winnipeg Manitoba Canada also is selling it early BUT I CAN'T GET THERE DDDDDDDDDDDDDDD; Waiting on a friend to call me back possibly with a ride ;_;

(I called them and clarified /3 times/ "For sale...RIGHT now?! I can walk into the store and get it RIGHT NOW?" and they said "YES" all 3 times. xD)

DUDE JUST RUN AND DON'T STOP RUNNING TILL YOU GET THERE JUST USE BOOST TO WIN GET THERE!1

• Thumbs Up 2