Awoo.

Sonic Generations: Official Spoiler Topic

Voyant

Oh man, the wait for the music is killing me! I tried to get my mind off it for a bit, so I turned on my TV and started watching Parks & Recreation, and then they made a referenece to Sonic (finding a Sonic Genesis cartridge in a tool box) and I just about lost it. XD

Also I can't stop listening to the Collection Room music...

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh man, the wait for the music is killing me! I tried to get my mind off it for a bit, so I turned on my TV and started watching Parks & Recreation, and then they made a referenece to Sonic (finding a Sonic Genesis cartridge in a tool box) and I just about lost it. XD

Also I can't stop listening to the Collection Room music...

The will of SEGA... Must escape SEGA...

Is it just me or does Sonic come off a lot more serious this go around?

His atmosphere reminds me a a lot about unleashed...just with a bit more flair.

Note folks, don't bother signing up on Sonic retro to demand certain songs to be downloaded, cause they will immediately give you a "vacation".

Don't be greedy, be patient, stay Sonic cool.

• Thumbs Up 1

Is it just me or does Sonic come off a lot more serious this go around?

His atmosphere reminds me a a lot about unleashed...just with a bit more flair.

I think part of this might be because this game's story is more aimed at all audiences, people seem to forget that Colors script was directly aimed at kids., that was what they were going for.

I think part of this might be because this game's story is more aimed at all audiences, people seem to forget that Colors script was directly aimed at kids., that was what they were going for. This is a game being made for everybody though, so they have a story to try and appease more people. As such, Sonic can be a bit more serious. As well, in this case Sonic has no idea what is going on while in Colors him and Tails broke into Eggman's park since they knew something fishy was up.

Just as disappointed in these two as I was With Green Hill for the Modern mixes. I know you can do better Jun. Maybe with the full overlay Chemical Plant would feel...less ambient and not as buttrock. Sky Sanctuary doesn't butcher it, but I don't think it fits the stage all too well with the guitar and synth there. I was expected an epic orchestration. Again I'll need to hear the speed up overlay to truly judge it.

Hell maybe after all these years and fan mixes I set my expectations way too high. Maybe I was getting too used to the guys who did the Unleashed and Colors tracks...but after Heroes I haven't really liked any of Jun's songs.

Edited by Tiller

Watched the first 3 cutscenes.

..and now I thought nothing could be as shallow, cheesy and childish as Heroes (and Colors). The cutscenes are so short and there's so little going on in them.. Yeah, now I'm sure that Colors writers should be fired. Even Unleashed is a million times better than what I saw in Colors (and very likely what I'll see in generations) and I hated Unleashed when it came out after games with serious plots and lots of story cutscenes which I liked.

Yeah, I understand that the plot is here just to connect the levels and stuff..But I'm sure they could do better. Much better.

I'll let it slide just for this game. They better make a decent developed story next time. It's very disappointing, because everything else in generations looks so great!

• Thumbs Up 2

I like Modern Chemical Plant. It's not going to be one of my favourite songs from the game or anything, but I appreciate that it feels very different from the original... it seems like it'll suit the stage well in gameplay, and I guess that's what matters most.

Sky Sanctuary's nice as well, but I'm in the extreme minority of people who weren't that fond of the original, so I'm not getting much of a nostalgic rush from it. It's pleasant and it suits the level, but I'm probably not going to go out of my way to listen to it after this.

The Collection Room remix of the Sonic 3 file select song is really nice, and probably my favourite song of the batch. I do prefer Rush Adventure's http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EnsiTyLLUY, but this one is still really nice, sweet and sad in just the right combination. It's definitely a good fit for sorting through bits and pieces of Sonic's 20-year history.

Watched the first 3 cutscenes.

..and now I thought nothing could be as shallow, cheesy and childish as Heroes (and Colors). The cutscenes are so short and there's so little going on in them.. Yeah, now I'm sure that Colors writers should be fired. Even Unleashed is a million times better than what I saw in Colors (and very likely what I'll see in generations) and I hated Unleashed when it came out after games with serious plots and lots of story cutscenes which I liked.

Yeah, I understand that the plot is here just to connect the levels and stuff..But I'm sure they could do better. Much better.

I'll let it slide just for this game. They better make a decent developed story next time. It's very disappointing, because everything else in generations looks so great!

No. This excuse flied with Colors, but not now. there are no cheesy jokes, forced one liners or anything that was even present in Colors the only thing we've seen are three cutscenes with one of them being a self reference to previous games.

Now I know you're not going to be satisfied until you get another darker and edgier plot, because based on three cutscenes, you can't even say its bad. Rather than appreciate the plot for what it is, no, you're going to keep expecting these "epic" "deep" plots, there's nothing wrong with that, but its like you're not even trying to enjoy the game.

And really fire the writers because they don't cater to your own views on a story? How incredibly selfish of you.

Edited by Shadic93
  • Thumbs Up 9