Awoo.

Sonic X animation styles

Vertekins

You know, I was gonna make fun of the Blue Eyelids here,

tumblr_llkxnardUY1qdw96xo1_500.jpg

But hell, even SONIC'S not sure what color his eyelids are!

oohhh.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3

You know, I was gonna make fun of the Blue Eyelids here,

tumblr_llkxnardUY1qdw96xo1_500.jpg

But hell, even SONIC'S not sure what color his eyelids are!

oohhh.jpg

Yeah, that happens infrequently but it does happen. Like in episode 19;

whiteeyes.png

Brings back memories of SatAM/AoStH Sonic's freaky blinking animation, where his pupils/irises blink instead of having eyelids 0.o;;

There's someone this picture reminds me of for some reason.

snapshot200603230043221sv.jpg

"Tails, I beg of you! Give them a chance, to be happy!"

I think it's the Fanime eyes

maria.jpg

wrongscene.jpg

Sonic, are you okay? You look blue?

bighead.jpg

"I'm Shadow! Shadow the Headhog!"

Also, Eggman likes to shave, or so I've heard....

sonicxeggmanerror1dk.jpg

Oh god, I'm having too much fun with this!!!

Edited by Nintendoga
  • Thumbs Up 2

There's someone this picture reminds me of for some reason.

snapshot200603230043221sv.jpg

"Tails, I beg of you! Give them a chance, to be happy!"

I think it's the Fanime eyes

maria.jpg

wrongscene.jpg

Sonic, are you okay? You look blue?

bighead.jpg

"I'm Shadow! Shadow the Headhog!"

Also, Eggman likes to shave, or so I've heard....

sonicxeggmanerror1dk.jpg

Oh god, I'm having too much fun with this!!!

Haunting the "Poorly drawn Sonic X scenes" topic on SonicAnime? That whole topic was absolutely hilarious. I actually got the inspiration from that very topic to create this one for the purpose of elaborating on the differing styles. I remember screen-shotting the blue-armed Sonic and big-headed Shadow for that topic all those years ago XD!

• Thumbs Up 1

Haunting the "Poorly drawn Sonic X scenes" topic on SonicAnime? That whole topic was absolutely hilarious. I actually got the inspiration from that very topic to create this one for the purpose of elaborating on the differing styles. I remember screen-shotting the blue-armed Sonic and big-headed Shadow for that topic all those years ago XD!

GAH, my secret's been exposed!

For anyone else who wants to find some more pics,

http://www.sonickingdom.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=12293

Edited by Nintendoga
  • Thumbs Up 1

031sonic.jpg

EVEN WITHOUT LEGS I CAN STILL FLYYYYYYY~

(THANKS FOR THE JOKE, SPY)

Hi, I personally really liked that episode! sleep.png

But that is kinda funny!biggrin.png

Then there is just the downright sexually subliminal:

114eggmanbanana.jpg

Ladies and gentlemen: Eggman molests a banana for your viewing pleasure.Leave your hats and personal belongings at the front desk. No minors allowed in the burlesque house.

PINGAS! Banana flavoured PINGAS! laugh.png

Edited by BW199148
  • Thumbs Up 3

This is so funny laugh.png If it wasn't so entertaining to look at those mutants, I'd wish they simply used a 3d model. But I'm somewhat glad they didn't.

Sonci X's bad animation is one of the things that make the charm of the anime, actually, IMO.

The second thing is Eggman's winningness.

The third thing is the French voices (well, Shadow's kinda unfitting, but that's all).

Yeah, for the animations, it's a case of "it's so bad it's good" to me.

102group.jpg

Knuckles' body is too wide, or his head is too small. It looks like he's on the toilet. And everyone's hands are way too tiny.

033group.jpg

This one's relatively normal when it comes to proportions, but the lack of perspective makes it quite amusing. Tanaka is stomping on Amy Rose while Sonic vomits a giant baseball onto a very tiny Cream. And is it me, or is baseball-head Chris doing something inappropriate to poor Sonic?

• Thumbs Up 9

033group.jpg

This one's relatively normal when it comes to proportions, but the lack of perspective makes it quite amusing. Tanaka is stomping on Amy Rose while Sonic vomits a giant baseball onto a very tiny Cream. And is it me, or is baseball-head Chris doing something inappropriate to poor Sonic?

ಠ_ಠ CANNOT UNSEE

And Amy's legs have to be made of elastic to bend that far or be extremely short.

Very nice thread, Verte. I personally would say I like the cartoony style and the actual quality one you showed. :)

• Thumbs Up 1

So all of these inconsistent styles is probably because different teams worked on different sets of episodes. I think this is a common practice with some anime studios.

• Thumbs Up 2

So all of these inconsistent styles is probably because different teams worked on different sets of episodes. I think this is a common practice with some anime studios.

Completely agree; though it usually depends on the job of the animation studio - it can go from freaking awesome quality all the way down to some poor excuse for a looney tunes episode. Sonic X isn't the only anime to have this happen.

Edited by Shinigami
  • Thumbs Up 2

Completely agree; though it usually depends on the job of the animation it can go from freaking awesome quality all the way down to some poor excuse for a looney tunes episode. Sonic X isn't the only anime to have this happen.

Really? because this is the only time I've seen such inconsistent art direction from any anime. :V

Really? because this is the only time I've seen such inconsistent art direction from any anime. :V

• Thumbs Up 4