Awoo.

Sonic is a boring character

Chaos Nightmare Moon

In many games Sonic is seen as boring, like in Sonic Rush, Rush Adventures, Sonic Heroes, Sonic Unleashed and Colours (DS version). in these games Sonic was: lame, unfunny, cheesy and just uninteresting.

However, in some games Sonic is decent like in: SA1, SA2, Sonic 06. In SA1 and 2 he was kinda cool until they made him into a boring douche bag from Heroes till 06, in Sonic 06, he was ok and showed a different side to him, e.g. he actually laughs, he was sad when Elise dies, but he was still annoying on several cut-scenes.

Ahahaha, how was Sonic good in Sonic 06? I admit, he was pretty fun in his opening, but that's it, really.

He was much better in both Rush games and Unleashed and Colors. Heck, he was even far better in Heroes than he was in 06.

Edited by MarcelloF
  • Thumbs Up 2

Ahahaha, how was Sonic good in Sonic 06? I admit, he was pretty fun in his opening, but that's it, really.

He was much better in both Rush games and Unleashed and Colors. Heck, he was even far better in Heroes than he was in 06.

Sonic 06 is probably the main example where I thought Sonic was horribly bland. All the other games he had plenty of personality, the storybook games and Colors Wii especially.

Edited by sonfan1984

You said Sonic was "lame, unfunny, cheesy and just uninteresting." in Sonic Rush, Rush Adventure, Sonic Heroes, Sonic Unleashed and Colours, but you must be aware that he is all of those aspects in '06?

Oh my god, he's actually making sense now?

In many games Sonic is seen as boring, like in Sonic Rush, Rush Adventures, Sonic Heroes, Sonic Unleashed and Colours (DS version). in these games Sonic was: lame, unfunny, cheesy and just uninteresting.

Oh come on all I said was that I thought he was decent in 06 and I get flamed...

So what if he acted different than other games, I kinda liked that because he wasn't as overconfident.

Edited by thedude2011

No one is flaming you, your opinion is simply being challenged by those with a different one. If that is flaming, then nearly every single damn post on this forum is an example.

• Thumbs Up 2

Sonic's character in '06 was a result of '06's stories shittiness. He's used as a tool to push along Elises' characterization with extremely little in the way of personal development and even when he isn't with Elise his character has practically zilch elaboration and charisma. But then why should he get gravity in the times he wasn't with Elise when spotlight stealer Shadow was there? rolleyes.gif The only real decent shot of characterization he got was the "Running through the plains" cutscene.

He's also morphed into a complete idiot to set stupid plot aspects in place such as 1. Taking his eyes of Elise despite Eggman kidnapping her at every opportunity and 2. Getting so ridiculously distracted by the Emerald that Mephiles had the chance to stab him and 3. Giving into Eggman demands for the Emerald when previous games established that Sonic doesn't trust Eggman as far as he can throw him.

'06's Sonic characterization is a product of the shit story, Elise and Shadow leeching the attention away from him and a near complete disregard for Sonic's wit.

Edited by Verte
  • Thumbs Up 1

No one is flaming you, your opinion is simply being challenged by those with a different one. If that is flaming, then nearly every single damn post on this forum is an example.

But I don't get what I said that would result in people challenging my opinion. All I said was that I thought Sonic in 06 was decent and as result I got mocked by a Spider-Man video and got challenged by others.

In my opinion, grass is purple.

See, it's my opinion, so no one is allowed to challenge it. I'm right, you're wrong!

In my opinion, grass is purple.

See, it's my opinion, so no one is allowed to challenge it. I'm right, you're wrong!

Cool story bro.

This a forum. When you post something, never expect people to not respond or instantly agree with.

I agree, in forums you aren't allowed to think that Sonic was decent in 06.

But I don't get what I said that would result in people challenging my opinion. All I said was that I thought Sonic in 06 was decent and as result I got mocked by a Spider-Man video and got challenged by others.

Eh? No opinion is immune to being challenged y'know. Even the most unoffensive or unaggressive opinions can be challenged. Even if you had said "Sonic in Colours" or "Sonic in Black Knight", more popular interpretations of the character on this forum, anyone who disagrees has the right to challenge it.

I believe it best if this topic was just left to die now. There's literally no ground that hasn't already been treaded on or debated.

• Thumbs Up 2