Awoo.

Sonic is a boring character

Chaos Nightmare Moon

So you have no argument, or are trolling. Alright then, there's literally no more reason to discuss the topic with you.

• Thumbs Up 1

Because he's just a normal hero like Superman and Captain America. Like them he fights for freedom and for what he thinks is right, that's all. Nothing special, Sonic in a nutshell.

So, you don't like heroic characters?

How can I explain his personality when he has no personality?!

Really?

Sonic must have a personality, because he can talk. If you can talk and convey your thoughts through words, and display emotions, then you most definately have personality. Sonic can do these things.

I can understand you saying he has a bland personality (a reason as to why its bland, is then required), but saying he doesn't have one at all is ridiculous.

Please explain how you came to the conclusion that Sonic has no personality.

Edited by Scar
  • Thumbs Up 1

How can I explain his personality when he has no personality?!

So, basically, you have no argument then. Oh well.

Is it just me, or do the arguments presented by those who think Sonic is "boring" in this topic seem to be rather poorly constructed at best?

• Thumbs Up 4

How ST displays his personality is lame because he is just like many superheroes: the same motive. Which is fighting for freedom and what they think is right. What is so unique about that? That is ST's weakness: many characters haven't developed enough over the years e.g. Amy, Sonic, Tails etc.

So, you don't like heroic characters?

I like certain characters like Batman and Nathan Drake, but to be honest, I prefer Anti-Heroes.

^So now you're saying Sonic's personality isn't original?rolleyes.gif

Yeah and?...

Why are you guys trying to reason with thedude2011 when he obviously doesn't know anything about Sonic as a character and you guys keep proving him wrong otherwise and he just ignores them? "Sonic has no personality"..yeah. That proves he knows nothing about Sonic. Carry on.

How ST displays his personality is lame because he is just like many superheroes: the same motive. Which is fighting for freedom and what they think is right. What is so unique about that? That is ST's weakness: many characters haven't developed enough over the years e.g. Amy, Sonic, Tails etc.

• Thumbs Up 1

Define "good", for those of us in the audience who's still waiting for a good argument to be presented by the "Sonic is boring" crowd.

In what way, he has a pretty stereotypical "revenge" plotline in SA2. After that he became the stereotypical "badass anti-hero".

I like Shadow, I really do, but even I have to admit, that he is a stereotype.

Shadow has a good personality because he fights for someone other than himself ( GUN and Maria) while Sonic does it for the entertainment, so Sonic is selfish.

I actually believe the context matters just as much as a personality in a script.

Spongebob was a popular “happy” character for a while before the shift in management. The interesting thing is, the creators purposely set out to make the most annoying character imaginable. Somehow the developers’ self-awareness made Spongebob funny and likable to people as long as decent writing permitted.

Sonic is a daredevil, he thwarts evil and overcomes obstacles without worry or care. Thing is, none of the other characters seem to possess significant worry or care towards the same obstacles. So in the context of the messed up parallel universe, Sonic the hedgehog might as well be headed to the grocery store.

Sonic is always up for a challenge.

Then again, Sonic is pitted against a villain who thinks wearing a blonde toupee is a convincing disguise and is too dumb to plant an explosive device or some override chip in the various creations that always backstab him. It takes two to tango.

Being the main character, Sonic has a big connection to the world he is in.

• Thumbs Up 1

... Yeah, you might want to actually do some research, bruh, because that thing you posted about Sonic being only in it for entertainment's sake is simply false.

I'm still waiting for that good argument, by the way.

So, if I'm collecting this right, the majority of arguments are made because the argument holders like moody and serious / troubled characters, and thinks that determined guys who do what they want and what they think is right are laaame-o. Is that right? I mean, that's the most that's came out of these 10 pages of circle-making debate.

Also, every time I hear "Sonic" and "shonen" mentioned in a way where they are correlated, I feel like I die a little on the inside.

Edited by Azukara
  • Thumbs Up 8

So, if I'm collecting this right, the majority of arguments are made because the argument holders like moody and serious / troubled characters, and thinks that determined guys who do what they want and what they think is right are laaame-o. Is that right? I mean, that's the most that's came out of these 10 pages of circle-making debate.

Wait? But aren't Naruto and sonic alike? Except the times where Naruto shows emotion (EXTREME) he stays lighthearted and cheerful just about all the time. And if it were not for the NINE TAILS stuck inside of him he'd be a normal uber happy cheerful guy.

BAD COMPARISON!

And next time you try that, use a character worth mentioning. Hell spider-man (PARKER) would have been a better character to mention. I would have taken Batman (bruce wayne) over orange jumpsuit, super sayian looking hair naruto. And what kind of emotion do you want Sonic to have? Random explosions? I mean the guy is living life to the fullest. If I were to do that, I'd be happy everyday of my life without any worries. He's just a VERY optimistic guy who if all else fails can transform into Super/Darkspine/Excalibur/Hyper/Ultra sonic. Did I miss a super form?

• Thumbs Up 2

Are you guys ready for a contradiction?

Edited by Shadic93
  • Thumbs Up 7

More? Are you kidding me?! At least he has a GOOD personality compared to Sonic.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic
  • Thumbs Up 8