Awoo.

Sonic Generations coming to a mall near you. (USA)

Eternal EX

I just got back from playing the Classic GHZ demo at GameStop and I noticed this really weird thing. At the part with the swinging wooden platforms, when I was jumping from platform to platform, if I let go of all the buttons as Sonic lands, then he would automatically turn around and face left instead of right. It happened three times (after the first time I did the same thing because I was curious if it would keep doing it). It wasn't a huge thing or even something that got in the way of the game, I just thought it was weird that it did that. Has anyone else noticed this or is it just me?

I just got back from playing the Classic GHZ demo at GameStop and I noticed this really weird thing. At the part with the swinging wooden platforms, when I was jumping from platform to platform, if I let go of all the buttons as Sonic lands, then he would automatically turn around and face left instead of right. It happened three times (after the first time I did the same thing because I was curious if it would keep doing it). It wasn't a huge thing or even something that got in the way of the game, I just thought it was weird that it did that. Has anyone else noticed this or is it just me?

Basically, Sonic always carries momentum in this game. If the platform is swinging left and ge jumps, he'll move to the left as he does so. When he lands he's always facing the direction he was moving in when he jumps. I've just tested this out and it's definitely the case.

Yay, Kansas got skipped again.

Please no redneck jokes tongue.png

*insert a really dumb redneck joke* ph34r.png

The tour hits Oklahoma on the 12th.

One of my midterms - a midterm in a class where the midterm s worth a third of the grade - is on the same day.

I am sorely tempted to risk taking the one hour trip to the tour and rush back to take the test. To hell with studying.

The tour hits Oklahoma on the 12th.

One of my midterms - a midterm in a class where the midterm s worth a third of the grade - is on the same day.

I am sorely tempted to risk taking the one hour trip to the tour and rush back to take the test. To hell with studying.

I wouldn't do that...education before fun..?

Just doesn't seem like a bright idea. :V

An hour trip to play an unfinished version of the game and risk the chance of doing bad on a midterm....Or study and forget sonic and be prepared for the midterm. Hmmm I like option 2 better. Anyone else agree?

Midterm isn't until 3:00, so I do have a little bit of leeway to catch the demo there if I wake early in the morning.

Though if I don't have time, I'll take my midterm without question.

The post was mainly sarcasm and in a joking manner, anyway ^_^'

Edited by Razor Wind

Considering Generations comes out only 2 weeks later, I'd study for that midterm and maybe go for the mall directly after the test. Me? my mall is hit on the 15 & 16 which is on weekend so I get lucky :D

• 2 weeks later...

Just noticed that the 15th is like two days away. Meaning if I want to I could go play the modern demo at my closest mall. Now should I try it out or hold out til the game comes out in a few weeks. Oh decisions decisions.

Just noticed that the 15th is like two days away. Meaning if I want to I could go play the modern demo at my closest mall. Now should I try it out or hold out til the game comes out in a few weeks. Oh decisions decisions.

I highly recommend you try it out, just to get use to it before you hit the ground running on the 1st. Its amazing! I actually contemplated on going back to the mall after I left just to get another round in! Your also not spoiling much sense I assume you've seen a full playthrough of the level.

Hmm a 30 min drive to play generations and other games or sit at home all day looking at Colors.......30min drive for the win!

• Thumbs Up 1

Oooooh, I'm not far from Colorado Mills at all. Certainly no more then a 20-30 minute drive. But as cool as that is (Events like this almost never happen close to my part of town), is it really worth going over there just for a demo? Especially since it's only two weeks before the game is actually released...

To add on to playing Generations, the ad that popped up on my local radio station also mentioned that there will be other games there. Batman, Battlefield, Rayman, Generations, Kirby, 3DS stuff. My body will explode before I leave. To bad I don't have friends who would wanna tag along.

Well it's here at grapevine, perfect excuse for a rainforest cafe dinner. I'm going either tomorrow or Sunday, are there specific times to go play it or is it from open-closing time?

Gartocer: So you are the other Texas SSMB member. I heard on the radio it's something like 10 or 11am-7 or 8pm. And not just Generations is going to be there.

Sorry for the double post.

Okay so I went to my mall to see what this whole video game was about and play Generations. I can honestly say it's great. SDD is useless. That was the biggest problem, aside from getting us to homing and BOOSH being on different buttons. Something else I think I should point out. It plays more like Colors/Colours than unleashed. In a way, I don't mind it, but at the same time I got slightly annoyed by it. The speed is still there along with everything that made Unleashed pure sex. But like snake drifting (Slap in the face for me) and the air boost are not as great. I can def see the modern version of the game getting an easy 9 or greater.

Classic was basically the same as the E3 demo. Nothing really new here but I can def see this side also getting a 9. There was one minor glitch I saw during the modern GHZ but I'm damn sure it's gone by now. Also on the 360 I noticed very slight controller lag on the menus. But once the game loaded up it was gone. And it did slow down just a little right before the final stretch.

Final, it was a nice early look at a game I'm getting. The kids that were playing LOVED it. Along with a few adults I saw pick up the controller. I chose not to record it since it was all stuff we have seen in the past. By the way my best time after joking around with the demo was 1:59:(something). I knew where I could have done better but I don't plan on speedrunning that stage so it does not effect me.